Field Hospitals: WW2 Style!

Started by LouisTBR, September 15, 2016, 02:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

Rather than having a downed colonist bleed out in the crossfire, you would seek your doctor and pull him off of the defensive line to go treat the casualty. This often involves the two trekking across the map to your hospital. I think you should be able to build a portable field hospital. This way your troops could carry one and make treatment much easier on the battlefield.

Description: A tepee-looking white tent with a medical cross symbol on the side.
Size: 3x3
Materials: 120 Cloth, 8 Medicine, 20 Wood
Use: Wounded colonists can be sent/carried here. Depending on their injuries, they will stay in the tent (No need for doctor) for a certain amount of time. A doctor can be present with medicine which will speed up the treatment, but also uses another colonist.
Other:Can be carried by a colonist, and placed in any spot on the map (Except non-explored).

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

O Negative

Interesting idea.

However, why not just set up a sleeping spot nearby (assigned to medical), when you have a colonist bleeding out? It's worked well for me in the past.

billycop32

Quote from: O Negative on September 15, 2016, 03:07:51 PM
Interesting idea.

However, why not just set up a sleeping spot nearby (assigned to medical), when you have a colonist bleeding out? It's worked well for me in the past.
the idea sounds like that, but allows for more perks, like the colonist can survive longer without treatment or it allows battlefield triage (batch up the critical wounds so they can make it safely to a proper medical facility.

Serenity

Bleeding is usually slow that it doesn't matter. If the bleeding rate were increased then there would be some incentive.

O Negative

Yeah, I do this more-so for injuries that are likely to get infected :P