[A17] [WIP] Tamrimiel - Nirn has a rim too!

Started by Jules, September 12, 2017, 10:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Helloooo everyone! So, um, I'm kinda new here, got introduced to Rimworld a few months ago, and I must say I'm loving this game so far. If you can't tell from the title, I'm also a massive fan of another series of games/books/whatevs with an extensive lore, so why not try a bit to merge the two?

What is this?

This mod aims to introduce aspects of the Elder Scrolls franchise to our unbeloved Rimworlds, including wildlife (horrible creatures), equipment (Curved swords. Curved. Swords.), factions (The Rim belongs to whoever!) and possibly more! So far, I haven't actually seen any mods of the kind, so there's no reason not to give it a go!

What have you done so far?

I've only started working on this two days ago, and at the moment, I've gotten started on Morrowind, especially the wildlife (by which I mean I took some graphics from the base games, added a stroke and stuck them ingame as new animals). Actual home-made graphics will come along at some point.

Poor Vasily is wondering what is going on.

Animals included are:
-Silt strider
-Alit
-Durzog
-Kagouti
-Cliff racer
-Guar
-Nix-hound
-Ash hopper
-Netch (with sexual dimorphism and babies)

Note that as I mentioned up there, those are far from being the final graphics. There's also still a lot of work to do regarding sounds, sizes and ingame defs (I probably fudged the sizes up at some point) such as aggressiveness, leather colours and such.

I welcome any kind of suggestions, help and ideas (shoot me a PM if you want to help, I'd be delighted ^^). Any kind of tips and tricks are also always appreciated, especially since I'm veeeeery new to this, as well as all types of feedback!

Credits go to Serpyderpy for inspiring me to make this mod, being patient with my silly questions and gross amount of dumb mistakes and getting me into Rimworld in the first place, Spino whose Megafauna mod was a big help in understanding how code works, all the people at the Skyrim & Morrowind Nexuses (Nexus? Nexi) whose mods I used to make the graphics (so far) and of course Bethesda and Tynan for making the awesome games that we all know and love.

SpaceDorf

Oooh .. that is why they called it SkyRim.  ;D

As an elders scroll fan since Jagar Tharn I have to follow you.

Do you intend to include Races too ? ( XenGrimm already made Argonians )
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Serpyderpy

Yay, you posted it!

I can't wait to get mauled by a pack of manhunting cliffracers.

Dragoon

Loving this!! I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Modraneth

hi,

very interested in this.
can u place some screenshots? im a lover of the Elder Scrolls series and i would love to see the stuff u already have if possible

Dragoon

Quote from: Modraneth on October 01, 2017, 06:41:59 AM
hi,

very interested in this.
can u place some screenshots? im a lover of the Elder Scrolls series and i would love to see the stuff u already have if possible

There are already screenshots at the top.  ;D It is showing the creatures.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.