[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Patitodo

Quote from: Gaunt on August 14, 2016, 12:00:54 PM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 14, 2016, 11:54:46 AM
Soon release, 4.0
And new main menu.
http://image.prntscr.com/image/773a95bd33c74f97b01273986f78d834.png

How "soon" is soon? I am searching the Interwebz a few Times every Day for a 4.0 Release :3

THIS!! hahaha

I'm so anxious about this release

skyarkhangel

Finally I finished with an update to the latest version 14e.
More information in the first messages. I hope Jane Shepard could help us to increase the popularity. LOL  :P
All link updated.
Wallpaper, for fans in HD :)
http://s017.radikal.ru/i442/1608/ac/f804c4a9fe9f.jpg

BlackSmokeDMax

Awesome, thanks for all your work Sky! Digging into it now!

Zakhad

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 15, 2016, 12:43:47 PM

Finally I finished with an update to the latest version 14e.
More information in the first messages.
All link updated.
Wallpaper, for fans in HD :)

http://s017.radikal.ru/i442/1608/ac/f804c4a9fe9f.jpg

Here goes the next week of my life lol. Thank you for providing this modpack and also to the modders for making awesome modpacks.

Edit - no prepare carefully O.o that's not happening for me *manually installs it*

Zakhad

Suggestions will be edited/added as I continue to play through

Suggestion one is that a butchers and/or assembling table don't require a mechanism to be crafted (Maybe crude variants or crafting spot recipe?)

Other than eating corpses / harvesting raspberries there is no other way to get early game sustainable food source.  if you start with nothing I mean absolutely nothing other than what you find on the map then you can't really progress until you get a trader that happens to have a mechanism for trade, its not like components where you can deconstruct doors or fallen ship parts and mine compacted machinery, as far as I can tell you can't progress without starting with mechanisms 

skyarkhangel

Yep, currenty without Prepare Carefully, we have not worked full compatibility. Add this, as soon as possible.

Quote from: Zakhad on August 15, 2016, 02:34:11 PM
Suggestions will be edited/added as I continue to play through

Suggestion one is that a butchers and/or assembling table don't require a mechanism to be crafted (Maybe crude variants or crafting spot recipe?)

Other than eating corpses / harvesting raspberries there is no other way to get early game sustainable food source.  if you start with nothing I mean absolutely nothing other than what you find on the map then you can't really progress until you get a trader that happens to have a mechanism for trade, its not like components where you can deconstruct doors or fallen ship parts and mine compacted machinery, as far as I can tell you can't progress without starting with mechanisms

Mechanisms, components, electronics components can be found in the ship chunks.

Autismo

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 15, 2016, 02:43:20 PM
Yep, currenty without Prepare Carefully, we have not worked full compatibility. Add this, as soon as possible.
Any ETA? Few hours? Few days? A week or two?

Great work, by the way.

I've got a suggestion that may have been recommended before. Another mod pack, Mod Variety Pack, has a feature where you're required to till your soil in order to grow crops. Higher-tier crops would require you to water and eventually fertilize your soil. It took a while to prepare soil for planting, which made farms a more significant piece of infrastructure. You couldn't just plop down a growing zone anywhere. It's a pretty "hardcore" system, and I think it would be a lot of fun in this pack, especially with seeds being required in SK.

Zakhad

Mechanisms, components, electronics components can be found in the ship chunks.

So far I've not had any problems running prepare carefully but then again I'm just starting with 5 naked people they have stats configured/traits chosen but that's it.

I did take a bit of a guess on that one, I have none spawned on the map with me so I had just assumed it was the same old in that it just gives components/ore, ty for clearing that up :). I'll just have to wait for the event to spawn one until then its corpses/raspberries for everyone.

Zakhad

Quote from: Autismo on August 15, 2016, 02:53:57 PM
Any ETA? Few hours? Few days? A week or two?

Great work, by the way.

Just install it manually download add into folder and enable - I can't make any promises it won't mess anything up but its working fine for me, as always backup saves.

Edit - that sounds like it would be great, the whole farming/agriculture does seem a bit bland for hardcore SK based on previous versions I haven't seen the changes in 14 so.

Quote from: Autismo on August 15, 2016, 02:53:57 PM

I've got a suggestion that may have been recommended before. Another mod pack, Mod Variety Pack, has a feature where you're required to till your soil in order to grow crops. Higher-tier crops would require you to water and eventually fertilize your soil. It took a while to prepare soil for planting, which made farms a more significant piece of infrastructure. You couldn't just plop down a growing zone anywhere. It's a pretty "hardcore" system, and I think it would be a lot of fun in this pack, especially with seeds being required in SK.

BlackSmokeDMax

So far, so good!

One question: I've been having my pawns eat berries, but they seem to be getting the debuff for eating something bad. The berries description still says they are good to eat raw, but it doesn't seem to be working out that way. Is this intentional, or a problem?

kaptain_kavern

Owlchemist

Quote from: Owlchemist on July 19, 2016, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Edgewise on March 24, 2016, 10:34:40 PM
Dried fruits are 1 to 1 about 7x more valuable, 21x more nutritious, and 10x more joyful than non-dried fruits.  10 low value fruits (around 21 silver) + 25 work = 10 dried fruits (140 silver)  is afaik the 2nd most efficient and least difficult way to make a huge chunk of silver, or just feed a large colony with almost no work or land required.  Maybe change dried fruits into 2 resources, 1 as an ingredient and one as a meal made from 5-10 units of dried fruits.  Atm it's a really powerful 1 ingredient self contained meal.

I was wondering why I didn't seem to have any food struggles anymore and found this to be the cause. Yeah, dried fruits are so good right now that they seem either bugged or overpowered. It increases the nutrition from 0.02 to 0.42 per unit. 15 fruit = 15 meals. If it were 15 fruit = 1 meal, then 0.3 nutrition (0.02 x 15) upgrades to 0.42, which seems like it was the intention.

Bumpin' this potential bug/oversight, still present. Easy fixed by changing line 965 to 1 in ...\RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Meals_SK.xml

edit: in fact the dried fruit is even worse now than it was before. Before it was 15 raw fruit (0.02 x 15 = 0.3 nutition) would give 15 meals ( 0.42 x 15 = 6.3, a 15x gain). Now it's 10 (0.02 x 10 = .2) yielding 10 meals (0.42 x 10 = 4.2 / .2 = 21x gain). Yikes!

x3nit

Why im always having errors for raid not being able to spawn -_-

I was having a lot of this with the a13 version, but i still got this kind of error with the a14 version.

I got this, this time :

IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy could not fire even though we thought we could: no faction could generate with 35 points.

Zakhad

Getting a NullreferenceException pointing towards Hospitality anyone know?

It's cripping like the old pathfinding bug where it constantly trys to pathfind causing 1 fps of death.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Autismo

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 15, 2016, 03:44:14 PM
Quote from: Owlchemist on July 19, 2016, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Edgewise on March 24, 2016, 10:34:40 PM
Dried fruits are 1 to 1 about 7x more valuable, 21x more nutritious, and 10x more joyful than non-dried fruits.  10 low value fruits (around 21 silver) + 25 work = 10 dried fruits (140 silver)  is afaik the 2nd most efficient and least difficult way to make a huge chunk of silver, or just feed a large colony with almost no work or land required.  Maybe change dried fruits into 2 resources, 1 as an ingredient and one as a meal made from 5-10 units of dried fruits.  Atm it's a really powerful 1 ingredient self contained meal.

I was wondering why I didn't seem to have any food struggles anymore and found this to be the cause. Yeah, dried fruits are so good right now that they seem either bugged or overpowered. It increases the nutrition from 0.02 to 0.42 per unit. 15 fruit = 15 meals. If it were 15 fruit = 1 meal, then 0.3 nutrition (0.02 x 15) upgrades to 0.42, which seems like it was the intention.

Bumpin' this potential bug/oversight, still present. Easy fixed by changing line 965 to 1 in ...\RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Meals_SK.xml
The idea that dried fruit should be more nutritious per unit than regular fruit is strange in the first place. Dried fruit should be equally, if not less nutritious than regular fruit. The advantage, of course, is that dried fruit keep much longer. Dried fruit could maybe give slightly more joy when eaten.