Nerfing sniper rifles

Started by Shurp, November 12, 2016, 12:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

So I am tired of pirate sniper rifles blowing off my colonists' arms and legs and I need some advice on how best to adjust the damage they do to reduce this.  Sniper damage is 40.  What defines how much damage a leg or arm can take before it is destroyed?

[edit] ok, I found this, which makes me unhappy:
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Table_of_Human_Body_Parts

Leg is listed at 30 and Arm is listed at 20.  Which means I would have to knock off over half the damage to keep limbs attached :(  Or I have to make Devilstrand dusters and pants commonplace.  Or maybe some combination of the two... if I reduce the damage to 30 then any armor value will keep a leg attached and 33% armor will keep an arm attached, correct?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

RawCode

i made simple modification about balance and difficulty, basically removed "rageout" feature obviously hook based c#...

no hit may reduce hp of bodypart below 1.
saving throw apply debuff on bodypart, bodyparts with debuff have no protection

Shurp

No, that's way too complicated for my level of modding skill.  I'm looking to balance the game with something more basic.  I've already added varieties of devilstrand to provide some weak protection.  I just want to fine tune the numbers so that the first hit of a sniper rifle won't blow a leg off but the second will.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.