[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quatrosss

I have no bills in my loading table. Does is happen to everyone or im just doing something wrong? Ive read someones post about this mod actually colliding with medieval time but as long as i know CR supports medieval times giving for example arrows..

Shared logs:
https://gist.github.com/4b65ddf59705310b6173fe000679a9d8

skyarkhangel

Quote from: minakurafto on January 12, 2017, 01:55:32 AM
weird pawn behaviour, i have my pawn take a pistol next to a wall then i press reload without any spare ammo , then my pawn will loop digging the wall and the other wall

then i draft the pawn move to ammo then undraft then it will pick ammo and not digging anymore
if i just draft and undraft without place it near ammo it will dig wall again

so maybe the pawn confused between finding ammo and digging wall (my self built wall , not natural wall aka destroying my own base).

Colonist didnt understand your joke to hide ammo! With wall and without door and make a door himself. lol
Ok Yes, its a bug, colonist used "raider type ammo finder"  soon fix.

Quatrosss

Quote from: Quatrosss on January 12, 2017, 03:15:41 AM
I have no bills in my loading table. Does is happen to everyone or im just doing something wrong? Ive read someones post about this mod actually colliding with medieval time but as long as i know CR supports medieval times giving for example arrows..

Shared logs:

So is is a well know bug or this only happens to me? I need to know cause i wanna play so bad right now  :P

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Quatrosss on January 12, 2017, 03:47:57 AM
Quote from: Quatrosss on January 12, 2017, 03:15:41 AM

Shared logs:

So is is a well know bug or this only happens to me? I need to know cause i wanna play so bad right now  :P

For some reason ammo injector failed. And as a consequence, no ammo recipes. Try to change CR place in mod list.

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.AmmoInjector.InjectAmmos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.AmmoInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Quatrosss

It collides with medieval times mod. Im getting this bug having this two mods only , with every load order.
(is there any way of completely deleting medieval times? cause its breaking my save after disabling.. damn i regret so hard installing this s**t)

gariba

Quote from: Quatrosss on January 12, 2017, 04:32:44 AM
It collides with medieval times mod. Im getting this bug having this two mods only , with every load order.
(is there any way of completely deleting medieval times? cause its breaking my save after disabling.. damn i regret so hard installing this s**t)

Never used medieval times, but I had issues with mods breaking saves because of research. Got it working after deleting the mod's related research on the save file. Also, make sure you have no items or bills from the mod on your map before removing it.

Devon_v

Medieval Times changes something which causes the ammo injector to fail. I don't think anyone has figured out why.

MightyGooga

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 11, 2017, 08:56:54 PM
Quote from: gustavoghe on January 11, 2017, 07:04:31 PM
Hey Sky,

I really would like to hear it from you. The aspect of the pawns not getting their respective weapon ammo has been brough up a couple of times. People, have discussed it, me included that it would be a better mechanic for the mod.

Could you give us your opinion on wether this mechanic is possible to be implemented or not? I´d like te hear that, to understand if this a technical issue or a desing option.

Thanks

I did not understand the question, can be more specific? If you're talking about a new ammo finder mechanics. In future a will improve it. For now, pawn won't to search ammo if 1) ammo too far from current position 2) overloaded 3) ammo forbidden 4) have health problems. 5) have another needs priority that more important then ammo.

Hey Sky,

Im sorry for the late questions. I asked that question before I knew you had updated the mod already.
The question was about if the automatic pick up ammo was possible. But the updadte already answered that.

Let me use this post to congratulate you on the great job you are doing with both CR and SKHR. I really think Tynan should get you on board the official game. The dedication and creativity you are giving is priceless.

Good job!

Merlon

I've run into an issue with the new version's job(?) AI affecting raiders. In short, whenever I get a siege or a raid that doesn't attack immediately, a portion of the raiders may run towards my colony to equip various items or even grab steel for construction (siege). This leads to the raiding force getting split into smaller more easily managed pieces and usually forces the raid to all attack once a sufficient number of enemies have been stopped at the open warehouse.

If this was fixed by the job update fix on your github feel free to ignore this report. :)

gariba

Would there be a way to implement weapon/ammo profiles of some sort? For example, if a prison break occurs, I want my colonists to equip their shotguns with beanbags, and birdshot when hunting, without having to go through each of them and clicking 5 times.
This would also help fighting raids if you can fit enough weapons on each colonist. Equip sniper rifles while they are far away, switch to assault rifles at mid range, switch to shotguns if they get too close.

Doing tis automatically would be a bit insane, but having buttons/menu for "Profile 1-x" would be cool.

Xanoreus

Haymaker

Hello there, long time lurker, mod downloader and first time poster.
So, I was thinking what could make this CR boosted game of Rimworld even fun. Then as avid Eve online player and recent fan of Doom's Russian Overkill weapon WAD (Oh, also been watching YT channel that tests all kinds of shotgun slugs).. I present thee ideas of very unbalancing nature which could also explain the abudance of conventional firearms in age of plasma rifles!

Forget propelling just some shaped metal at enemies. With advances of computers and whatnot, miniaturizing warheads into bullets is here!
Examples
-Sabot slugs. Nothing like shooting encased armor piercing rounds at foes. Sure, cannons and shotguns can do this, but why not rifles in future as well?
Depleted nuclear ammo/poison ammo
-Dirty bullets might be illegal, but who's watching what you shoot in the space frontier?
Dragon's breath
-Yet another existing thing that could be expanded from shotgun only to rifle calibers
HE ammo
-"Igor, with exploding bullets you no need aim with assault rifle!"
Glaser and fangible ammo
-For those who want their rounds to shatter into million pieces against/inside enemies..

Plasma/proton/fusion/ion/<favorite scifi term here> ammo
-Pssh, lead propelled by explosion? That's so 20th century! Make it fancy and maybe even have various types of damage, like fusion doing some EMP and perhaps even incendiary along the normal damage

Now, I'd start modding this all myself (for personal use of course), but that'd take time since not only I'd havta learn how modding the regular game works, but also how whole beast of CR works.. That might happen when I stop playing the game and actually spend my freetime staring at text instead of raider corpses
Dunno, might be out of the intended scope of the mod, but mayhaps this ammo pack idea serves to inspire much better future features.
..And probably need to

gariba

I'm getting visitors and raiders that spawn with loadout generator dummies. Relevant mods besides CR are Rimfire (CR version) and Hospitality.

Edit: Ok, seems the items converted into proper weapons and ammo when they entered combat mode.

WereCat88

There is a small annoyance when colonists pick up ammo they pick the whole stack but it fixes itself after some time.
I am The Primal Mammelon

gariba

Bug/oversight: Mechanoids have no protection whatsoever from beanbags, and do not have immunity to muscle spasms, which renders them helpless with 1 shot.