[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

French translation now added to the mod. enjoy ! special thanks to Jozay.

wdpk42

Quote from: Rah on February 05, 2017, 07:45:18 AM
Quote from: wdpk42 on February 05, 2017, 07:28:23 AM
When installing a prosthetic arm, I don't seem to get the original arm off the person?

Natural arm and leg harvest options are not a part of any A16 mods anymore, simply because they are not balanced and can mess up the gameplay. If you still want to have them in the game, there's a working A16 limb harvest addon file in the Extras section, which you can put into the EPOE hardcore version folder.

I see that now, sorry for not catching in the first post. Is there a way to install the addon with the steamworkshop version? I can't seem to find where steam stores workshop versions of mods.

Rah

Quote from: wdpk42 on February 05, 2017, 04:51:49 PM
Quote from: Rah on February 05, 2017, 07:45:18 AM
Quote from: wdpk42 on February 05, 2017, 07:28:23 AM
When installing a prosthetic arm, I don't seem to get the original arm off the person?

Natural arm and leg harvest options are not a part of any A16 mods anymore, simply because they are not balanced and can mess up the gameplay. If you still want to have them in the game, there's a working A16 limb harvest addon file in the Extras section, which you can put into the EPOE hardcore version folder.

I see that now, sorry for not catching in the first post. Is there a way to install the addon with the steamworkshop version? I can't seem to find where steam stores workshop versions of mods.

should be in steamapps\workshop\content

Shinkai

I was going to ask about the AI Chip but I see you've removed it for balancing.

I dunno.

I feel like you should be able to still reverse brain damage(or Alzheimers as I'm currently experiencing in my current game.)

But maybe make it prohibitively expense?

Or is it possible to only make them available through orbital traders?

At least in this way you can kind of workaround the "cheatyness" of the item by saying its from a glitterworld rather than being made by what is essentially an industrial level city.

Rah

Quote from: Shinkai on February 06, 2017, 01:41:39 AM
I was going to ask about the AI Chip but I see you've removed it for balancing.

I dunno.

I feel like you should be able to still reverse brain damage(or Alzheimers as I'm currently experiencing in my current game.)

But maybe make it prohibitively expense?

Or is it possible to only make them available through orbital traders?

At least in this way you can kind of workaround the "cheatyness" of the item by saying its from a glitterworld rather than being made by what is essentially an industrial level city.

It's a tricky one, because some people love having cures for all the ailments and problems, while others hate having too much of it. But I have been thinking about adding in a small neuro-stimulator of some kind. Thanks for the suggestion.

-----------------------

Korean translation added to the mod. Special thanks to MilSu-UpZa. Enjoy !

TerrorThomasCao

Hey Rah, great mod but I was wondering if this would work if I replaced my current EPOE mod with this and vice versa, for example if later on I had this installed and wanted to revert back to normal EPOE.

Rah

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on February 06, 2017, 03:12:22 PM
Hey Rah, great mod but I was wondering if this would work if I replaced my current EPOE mod with this and vice versa, for example if later on I had this installed and wanted to revert back to normal EPOE.

I presume you mean inside a current save file. That would probably not work very well seeing as several items were removed in this mod. So if you have those items on pawns in game or laying around, it would probably throw a few errors at you. If the items in question are not in your colony, it could work though. If you have a backup save, it can't hurt to try. Sometimes the error messages disappears after you save and reload.

yavorh

Hello Guys, just a quick question, if anyone has encountered this bug where no matter what colonists will NEVER do joy activities? At this point I'm convinced it's a mod bug, so I'm just going down the list of major mods I'm using and seeing if anyone using them has encountered this bug.

Rah

Quote from: yavorh on February 07, 2017, 08:46:02 AM
Hello Guys, just a quick question, if anyone has encountered this bug where no matter what colonists will NEVER do joy activities? At this point I'm convinced it's a mod bug, so I'm just going down the list of major mods I'm using and seeing if anyone using them has encountered this bug.

Hey Yavorh, this mod doesn't touch any of that, so it's probably something else. Never encountered that one before either. Try turning off all mods, and putting one by one back online.

yavorh

Quote from: Rah on February 07, 2017, 09:37:32 AM
Quote from: yavorh on February 07, 2017, 08:46:02 AM

Hey Yavorh, this mod doesn't touch any of that, so it's probably something else. Never encountered that one before either. Try turning off all mods, and putting one by one back online.

Thanks for the reply! I doubted that too, I've just heard of some strange interactions before. I'll be looking into that solution in a bit, yes.

Rah

Chinese translation now added to the mod !! Special thanks to Duduluu for his work.

Rah

German translation added. Special thanks to AmUnRA !

Flimflamshabam

If you could return the Neolithic/Medieval Prosthetics I might consider switching over to this.
(i.e, eyepatch, metal arm, golden eye, etc.)
They have some meaningful use for tribal starts, technically speaking considering the ridiculous level of "surgery" failure. I've had instances where I have a colonist whose foot is specifically shattered and it's more efficient to replace their foot than their whole leg.

The Metal arm specifically I couldn't care too much about but the "Medieval" level prosthetics aka, Artificial or w/e it was, which require like microelectric basics (logic) to research, they're highly simplistic prosthetics but more advanced than just peg legs. (I'd like to imagine they're poseable like an actionfigure/doll arm etc), those I like for being pre-industrial but post tribal, they offer some real reason to replace a broken arm than the metal arm does. More Industrial level would be replacing the bones not the whole arm which sounds like you offer some minor surgeries to do so (eg the clavicle)

Rah

Hi flimflam, I think some would argue that the tribals are supposed to be hard and that they're not supposed to have access to all kinds of medical surgeries, at least in the early game. But I do understand that tribal starts can be quite brutal sometimes, and that maybe it would be nice to have some primitive surgeries available.

The problem I have with the "basic prosthetics", which is what they were called in the regular EPOE mod, is that they offer so little IMO, other than just cluttering up the game, especially for colonist starts, which is what most people play. For colonists, simple prosthetics and bionics are not hard to research, and those unlock a ton of parts and surgeries.

For tribals it's a bit harder to research those quickly, but is the wooden foot or the eye patch really that important? The wooden foot is basically another peg leg, and the eye patch gives you 0 sight back, and you need to perform a surgery to put it on. But like the golden eye, it does remove the disfigured debuff. The steel arm overlaps a bit with the simple prosthetic arm, which is not hard to get as a colonist. It also doesn't really fit into the early tribal game. --- So I think this all comes down to the disfigured debuff removal, and how important you think that is.

Feel free to give me a counter argument. It would also be nice to get some other tribal players perspectives on this !