Ninja fauna

Started by Supert, July 28, 2016, 07:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supert

Wildlife in 14a can avoid traps (it developed spider sense during evolutionary process I believe) and apparently can stay invisible in front of security turrets.

stigma

Quote from: Supert on July 28, 2016, 07:11:38 AM
Wildlife in 14a can avoid traps (it developed spider sense during evolutionary process I believe) and apparently can stay invisible in front of security turrets.

It is a bit strange how nobody reacts at all when a pack of wild panthers stroll into your base and start stalking your pets. By the time you get notified the damage is done.

It would be useful to have a "hostility zone" or something like that where you can define that "when animals X,Y,Z step into this area - treat them as hostile". Maybe for balance purposes require that predators must be seen by an actual colonists so they still have some chance to sneak in. Otherwise sentry-turrets might trivialize this a bit.

Another way would be to have some function that you can set up to generate a "letter" alert whenever X,Y,Z animals are spotted by colonists - then you can deal with them as you see fit.

I think we want jungles to be dangerous in it's fauna, but at the same time predators near the home-zone should cause some level of alarm. Otherwise the only real option is to lock away all smaller animals completely behind walls because even very attentive players will not catch all the wandering predators manually.

-Stigma

Juan el Demgrafo

For some reason the turret ai doesn't register predators to be enemies when hunting. I don't know why whether it's a bug or (dumb) feature.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

Crowbar Felt

Go about it like Garrys mod. Make a KOS area (That makes an exception for visitors.) I'd love an entire KOS room area for turrets so stalker predators don't come in and eat all my chickens.
Someone's organ harvested.  x5

milon

Turrets used to attack anything that was remotely hostile, and could even be force-fired at the ground if you desired.

But that got nerfed.  I miss those good old days.   :(

Supert

Quote from: milon on July 28, 2016, 04:57:07 PM
Turrets used to attack anything that was remotely hostile, and could even be force-fired at the ground if you desired.

But that got nerfed.  I miss those good old days.   :(
Turrets do not shoot colonists.
Turrets shoot berserking colonists (I don't really sure, please somebody confirm with 14).
Turrets shoot breaking/berserking prisoners.
Turrets shoot raiders.
Turrets do not shoot traders.
They shoot maddened animals.
They do not shoot hunting animals.

At first it didn't make any sense for me. But there is very simple explanation.

Turrets can remotely detect high level of adrenaline in blood.

Oh wait, I forgot about mechanoids. Back to drawing board.