Curing gut worms

Started by BLACK_FR, September 12, 2018, 08:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLACK_FR

As I understand now quality of treatment of gut worms affects how many treatments will be needed to cure them. Does anyone know how it affects it excatly? Almost a year I can't cure them treating them by the clock (with crappy treatment quality).
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me

OFWG

It's not cured after a year of consistent treatment? If you do mean an actual year of 4 seasons that's absolutely brutal and doesn't sound quite right. And your doctor must suck
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

khun_poo

From my experience, all the worm will be cure after 5-8 treatment. With or without medicine. The quality of treatment just slow the symptom to be just low so the patient will feel less pain until the worm goes away.

BLACK_FR

I had doctor with 0-1 med skill who was self-treating himself without medicine. So treatment quality was around 0%. I treated by the clock for ~50 days with no effect.

But I'm more interested in new mechanics of those disease treatment. In B18 it was fixed amount of treatments. But how does it work now exactly?
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me

5thHorseman

In my YouTube series I had a colonist get gut worms on Dec 3 and after mostly being tended with herbals on a regular schedule, they went away some time before Apr 5th (Game doesn't tell you when they go away sadly so I had to just go by the first time I saw them not there) which is 17 days.

Episodes 2-3 and 2-4 if you're curious. She gets them on the road and I first see they're gone after a raider attacks our alpacas.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

BLACK_FR

Quote from: 5thHorseman on September 14, 2018, 09:39:07 AM
In my YouTube series I had a colonist get gut worms on Dec 3 and after mostly being tended with herbals on a regular schedule, they went away some time before Apr 5th (Game doesn't tell you when they go away sadly so I had to just go by the first time I saw them not there) which is 17 days.

Episodes 2-3 and 2-4 if you're curious. She gets them on the road and I first see they're gone after a raider attacks our alpacas.

But that doesn't answer the question how this mechanics works. I understand that if other pawn will tend it with herbal medicine it will go away faster. But how much faster?

bbqftw

Certain code wizard told me you need to get a certain X% of total tend quality, which would explain your finding

vzoxz0

So if your masochist gets sensory mechanites, you want him put to "no medication what so ever" for the duration. Got it.