[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

A quality of life for the player, please make human meat a forbidden ingredient by default. Not all the recipes do.

You also have Baking recipes set to ScupltingSpeed instead of CookSpeed. Is there a reason, or just an oversight?

Thanks for the grinding mill, it helps.

Now that we have corn meal, we need corn bread, to go with the stew :)

dismar

A quality of life for the player, please make human meat a forbidden ingredient by default. Not all the recipes do.

Try and remember this :P

You also have Baking recipes set to ScupltingSpeed instead of CookSpeed. Is there a reason, or just an oversight?

There is a reason!

Thanks for the grinding mill, it helps.

Your welcome :P

Now that we have corn meal, we need corn bread, to go with the stew :)
Yea future foods :P

WHiZ

The soymilk pressing and soy cheese really need balancing... and or bulk updates... as when you count how long it takes to make 2 milk each till you hit 10 when you can then make some cheese to then make a pizza or sandwich or taco etc... the milk and cheese could use some tweaking to balance the excessive time requirements...  great job on the bulk grinder btw.. it helped out a lot.

WHiZ

The recipe for the fruit pie only lists your fruits as ingredients and doesnt list the built in raspberries/strawberries as options

Demonlord091

Is the Bio Generator compatible with the Zombie Apocalypse Mod?

Figured I'd ask.

Keep up the good work.

dismar

Quote from: Demonlord091 on October 05, 2015, 09:03:13 PM
Is the Bio Generator compatible with the Zombie Apocalypse Mod?

Figured I'd ask.

Keep up the good work.
Yes
Zombie corpse are not selected by default tho.

Quote from: WHiZ on October 05, 2015, 06:56:05 PM
The recipe for the fruit pie only lists your fruits as ingredients and doesnt list the built in raspberries/strawberries as options

Stupid core crops!

Updates soon.

dismar

New version of GourmetGarden with recipe tweaks!
EnviroSeed Packs replaces Seedsplease!
Veg Garden 3.2 re-uploaded with minor tweaks.

WHiZ

Loving it!

I have a more complicated feature request for the tools if you are up for it.

Lets say you have a large base with a outpost up north, one to the east, and one to the south. It raises some kitchen/food management issues.

By default you will have people running all over the place picking up food from here going half way across the map to cook it over there etc. There is a fix for that with the ingredient radius option which i just finished implementing(pain in the butt) for all my recipes.

But there is still an even greater issue with a large base like this.. Let's say i want to keep 10 meals ready to eat at each outpost so people don't need to cross the map just to get food.

Well your only option is to make ALOT of meals and hope that some will be made and/or distributed to each outpost. If a meal is made at an outpost it will stay there, but the trigger to make a meal is based on global quantities. Aka, make until you have 50 meals. Well what happens when you have all or most of those meals all made at one spot? The rest can't feed people.

So the feature i'd like to see is piggy backing on the ingredient radius and other radius implementations. I'd like to see an option for meal count circle radius/square width, and change each stations count for each recipe as a distance implementation, defaulting to 999/whole map as it is now. This would change things from you have 50 meals of this globally, to where you could instead set it to know you have 0 of these in your radius so it needs to make some.

Let me know your thoughts please. =)

dismar

Probably be easier to have some sort of stockpile setting to limit the number of stacks of food for that pile. Say like taking the refrigerator from containers for stuff and changing it to only hold one stack of food...

But if you went that way you want you'd have to set up some kind of permissions for the food system, of course way out of my understandings on modding :P

redink

love this mod, thank you for all the effort! for some reason I don't have orange trees in my plant list, but there's plenty without oranges to eat :)

dismar

Quote from: redink on October 07, 2015, 08:37:19 AM
love this mod, thank you for all the effort! for some reason I don't have orange trees in my plant list, but there's plenty without oranges to eat :)
It's an issue with the menu. A cheap fix is to change your resolution down or up then plant then change it back...

Beathrus

Tekuromoto

Quote from: dismar on October 07, 2015, 08:53:26 AM
Quote from: redink on October 07, 2015, 08:37:19 AM
It's an issue with the menu. A cheap fix is to change your resolution down or up then plant then change it back...

EdB UI has a new grow window that scrolls instead of trying to fit all the options onscreen at once. Works very well, though the caveat is that it's a little harder to click through all of your growing zones and see at a glance what's set up in each.

Quote from: dismar on October 06, 2015, 12:06:39 AM
New version of GourmetGarden with recipe tweaks!
EnviroSeed Packs replaces Seedsplease!
Veg Garden 3.2 re-uploaded with minor tweaks.

So I'm a little confused on this one. I really like the idea of seeds but last time I tried (admittedly, before VG and GG were recently overhauled/updated) it seemed to have a bunch of problems.

- Do I need to use both EnviroSeed_SK and VG 3.2 ESeeds?
- Is this new one fully integrated with VG 3.2? More importantly, will they both be maintained in lockstep?

Thanks for your hard work - I love all the gardening options!

dismar

OMG im so downloading the new EdB UI!! lol i missed the scrolling menus!

Anyway simple wlkthru for EnviroSeeds.

If you just want Core seeds load EnviroSeeds last on our mods.

If you want Seeds with the garden load : EnviroSeeds then VegGarden using Seeds. But not normal veg garden!

And if you want you can throw the PleasureSeeds anywhere after EnviroSeeds.

So EnviroSeeds is a Core mod
Veg Garden using Seeds and Pleasure w/Seeds are Add-ons to that Core file.

dismar

YAY its a Spooky time of year! Are you colonies ready for the fun?
This is a small add-on mode to put you in the Halloween spirit!

Halloween Stuff
Adds a glowing pumpkin.
New sculpting table recipe to paint wood orange and black. And to make spooky tombstone artwork for around your base!
Also what would it be without some new treats! Candy corn and caramel apples at the candy table!
Downloda a12!