[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rijndael

Quote from: Yoso on January 04, 2017, 11:52:42 PM
Quote from: neltnerb on January 04, 2017, 08:47:49 PM
Quote from: Canute on January 04, 2017, 07:46:50 AM
QuoteMushrooms are amazing.
- Mushrooms are the best cash crop, producing over 20% more value per day than pineapple and watermelon (the second and third best).
- They can also be used for meat.
- Lentils don't provide a joy bonus. They are more dense stacks though, if your refrigerator is limited enough that this matters somehow.
- Their nutrition produced per day is very barely worse than lentils, and on par with trees and fruits.
Lentils count as meat too.
Both lentils and mushroom's can't be used as vegetables. This mean you can't made fine meals or stew/stirfry out of lentils+mushrooms.

Sorry, I thought about being more verbose but didn't want to make the post too long.

What I meant was that of the two meat-plants (mushroom and lentil), they both have roughly the same nutrition production per day (64% of the best for lentils and 59% of the best for mushrooms, basically the same) but mushrooms are the most valuable crop per day while lentils are at 72% of mushrooms. Add in that lentils don't give any kind of joy bonus (like mushrooms) there's basically no reason to ever plant them. Lentils and mushrooms are both unlocked at Tier 1, so there's no obvious reason why (except that dismar likes mushrooms :-D ).

Given how much better agave is than all the other fruits and vegetables, the obvious combination is agave for the vegetable part of the meals and mushroom for the meaty part of the meals.

I usually go mushrooms/corn or mushrooms/beans. Corn becomes flour and cornmeal, beans can become tofu, soy milk, and cheese.

Mushrooms give a joy bonus? I couldn't find it in the files and ingame it doesn't show up too!? I don't know much about the xml game files though.

I would also like to mention, that the Soy milk recipe on Food prep table is kinda broken. You can make 8 Soy milks ( 4 Nutrition) out of 10 Beans (0.5 Nutrition), so you are getting 800% of your input nutrition.

Edit: market value-wise you get 666.666% out of this recipe, which makes beans and soy milk probably the most efficient nutrition and money-wise

carpediembr

Proposed suggestion: Change the buff given by the bowl of stew with pizza.

Bowl of stew gives a big boost and is quite easy to make (it does take alot of ingredients, but is meat and vegetable, which is rather easy). It is a lavish meal, just like pizza, but pizza takes longer to make (need cheese, which needs more processing). And between you and me, pizza taste is way better than bowl of steel ;)

asquirrel

Problem with cooking tools.  It seems to be inactive for me even though I have it near a stove.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks! :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

carpediembr

Quote from: asquirrel on January 06, 2017, 09:30:03 AM
Problem with cooking tools.  It seems to be inactive for me even though I have it near a stove.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks! :)

Do you have any other mods that adds worktables?
Is that an electric or regular stove?
Tried to replace it?

dismar

Quote from: carpediembr on January 06, 2017, 08:59:01 AM
Proposed suggestion: Change the buff given by the bowl of stew with pizza.
bowl of steel ;)

gross :) anyway "stew" is a generic name for many foods... like chili, curry, goulash, and many many other stew like. It's really what you put into it you know!

Quote from: asquirrel on January 06, 2017, 09:30:03 AM

Yeah what other mods you have that might over write it..i'll pop into a game and look

dismar

Moooo, Build 11 Garden 5.3d Released!

1/6/17
-reviewed vanilla changes to price and crops
-resource pricing
-sunlamps reworked
-heated lamps research / cost list updated.
-pile of soil added
-digging spot in garden tools added
-place / reclaim soil now require soil.
-feritilizer recipe change

1/5/17
-Bread recipe.
-Fruit weight
-Bread weight
-Tree yields up
-Mushrooms nutrition slightly lowered
-Agave overall changed.
-recipe for fertilier at campfire
-place soil research cost.
-resource leaves higher research.
-raspberry bush art
-cloth recipe balance due to market value changes
-unpacking spot for alcohol in brewery menu.
-heated sunlamps

Trigon

Yay! Also dismar did I ever mention my favorite thing about your mod is that it allowed me to live my dream of growing agave on an ice sheet. The true dream.

neltnerb

Quote from: Rijndael on January 06, 2017, 08:15:17 AM
Quote from: Yoso on January 04, 2017, 11:52:42 PM
Quote from: neltnerb on January 04, 2017, 08:47:49 PM
Quote from: Canute on January 04, 2017, 07:46:50 AM
What I meant was that of the two meat-plants (mushroom and lentil), they both have roughly the same nutrition production per day (64% of the best for lentils and 59% of the best for mushrooms, basically the same) but mushrooms are the most valuable crop per day while lentils are at 72% of mushrooms. Add in that lentils don't give any kind of joy bonus (like mushrooms) there's basically no reason to ever plant them. Lentils and mushrooms are both unlocked at Tier 1, so there's no obvious reason why (except that dismar likes mushrooms :-D ).

I usually go mushrooms/corn or mushrooms/beans. Corn becomes flour and cornmeal, beans can become tofu, soy milk, and cheese.

Mushrooms give a joy bonus? I couldn't find it in the files and ingame it doesn't show up too!? I don't know much about the xml game files though.

I would also like to mention, that the Soy milk recipe on Food prep table is kinda broken. You can make 8 Soy milks ( 4 Nutrition) out of 10 Beans (0.5 Nutrition), so you are getting 800% of your input nutrition.

Edit: market value-wise you get 666.666% out of this recipe, which makes beans and soy milk probably the most efficient nutrition and money-wise

Probably my whole spreadsheet is out of date with the latest update changing mushroom nutrition as well as agave, but my parenthetical was to point out that they are the same as lentils (both with no joy bonus), but with much higher value and similar nutrition.

Yay!

I didn't include cooking options, it would have made my spreadsheet impossibly complicated to manage. Baked goods are pretty valuable, so if you allow cooking probably wheat, corn, and sugarcane pull much further ahead. But I don't think I have enough time to try to figure that out. I really like sweet rolls and corn bread, but I'm from the midwest originally...

kenshinoh

I can't seem to find anyone mention this before or whether this is a bug or not . But my pawns don't get the mood buff for " Eaten Lavish meal " after consuming Pizza or Bowl of Stew . Can someone help me with this ?

neltnerb

Quote from: dismar on January 06, 2017, 10:59:21 PM
Moooo, Build 11 Garden 5.3d Released!

1/6/17
-reviewed vanilla changes to price and crops
-resource pricing
-sunlamps reworked
-heated lamps research / cost list updated.
-pile of soil added
-digging spot in garden tools added
-place / reclaim soil now require soil.
-feritilizer recipe change

1/5/17
-Bread recipe.
-Fruit weight
-Bread weight
-Tree yields up
-Mushrooms nutrition slightly lowered
-Agave overall changed.
-recipe for fertilier at campfire
-place soil research cost.
-resource leaves higher research.
-raspberry bush art
-cloth recipe balance due to market value changes
-unpacking spot for alcohol in brewery menu.
-heated sunlamps

Love the heated sunlamp! Agave and mushrooms look nicely balanced too.

I noticed that raw tea leaves are listed with a nutrition of 0.2, maybe a typo?

dismar

Quote from: kenshinoh on January 07, 2017, 02:23:33 AM
I can't seem to find anyone mention this before or whether this is a bug or not . But my pawns don't get the mood buff for " Eaten Lavish meal " after consuming Pizza or Bowl of Stew . Can someone help me with this ?

That was was a big two versions ago but was fixed, what version you using?

Yeah tea leaves shouldn't have such a high value.

Nomsayinbrah

Wow... This is... Big.. and complicated o.O

will be giving this a try once I have the base game figured out LOL. wow!

kenshinoh

Quote from: dismar on January 07, 2017, 08:48:21 AM
Quote from: kenshinoh on January 07, 2017, 02:23:33 AM

That was was a big two versions ago but was fixed, what version you using?

My apology . I didn't notice the update this morning . And yes It is indeed fixed . Ty for your reply dismar  :P :P :P

Lanid

Can i make a Russian localisation for this mod?

dismar