[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Etherdreamer

Nice mod!, btw I asking myself alot of times, if your super moded human would "live" forever, I ve seen alot of oldfarts with eye-back problems, I can fix the eyes oc, but the back keep saying "bad back", There is  way to totally fix an old body?.

I want to make a colonist live forever or if some stuff get old, just replace it with a new part. Cyberstorm and this mod could do the trick?

Ykara

Quote from: Etherdreamer on February 20, 2015, 11:23:27 AM
Nice mod!, btw I asking myself alot of times, if your super moded human would "live" forever, I ve seen alot of oldfarts with eye-back problems, I can fix the eyes oc, but the back keep saying "bad back", There is  way to totally fix an old body?.

I want to make a colonist live forever or if some stuff get old, just replace it with a new part. Cyberstorm and this mod could do the trick?
For that you have to replace the torso and I've unfortunately not figured out how this works ^^ But I'll see what I can do to pimp your oldfarts ^^

Dr. Z

Sorry if I'm missing something but you say in vanilla you need 20x of a normal resource to make someting out of gold. E.g. 120 gold instead of 6 other material. Now you say you even lowered that, so like 3 gold instead of 6 other material? And you even raised the value? This seems like OP to me.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ykara

Quote from: Dr. Z on February 20, 2015, 11:41:33 AM
Sorry if I'm missing something but you say in vanilla you need 20x of a normal resource to make someting out of gold. E.g. 120 gold instead of 6 other material. Now you say you even lowered that, so like 3 gold instead of 6 other material? And you even raised the value? This seems like OP to me.
I've not lowered it, gold now has a normal volume so a wall costs 6 gold, in vanilla it was 120 gold. That makes gold much less valuable so I raised the market price from 15 to 45.
So a little calculation:
Vanilla: 120x15=1800
Modded: 45x6=270
In my mod gold is incredibly less valueble than it was in vanilla, I've just raised the market price to not make it completely cheap. Hope you understand it ^^

Boboid

Out of curiosity why didn't you just scale the cost proportionately to the volume change? That would leave gold at exactly the same cost-to-value/useage ratio as before.
The only limiting factor would be the cost of a single piece of gold being too high for whatever it was being used for, which seems a fairly minor concern.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Ykara

Quote from: Boboid on February 20, 2015, 12:31:51 PM
Out of curiosity why didn't you just scale the cost proportionately to the volume change? That would leave gold at exactly the same cost-to-value/useage ratio as before.
The only limiting factor would be the cost of a single piece of gold being too high for whatever it was being used for, which seems a fairly minor concern.
Maybe I'll tweak the gold value in future versions, the reason why I didn't change it proportionately is because of the traders limited silver stock and vancidium. One unit of vancidium would cost over 2000 silver to produce and that's incredibly much. I just wanted to make gold usable in recipes and if you don't build your colonys out of gold, I'm sure you won't even notice something ^^

Dr. Z

You see, that was my concern.
In vanilla:
Let's say you have 200 gold in stock and you want to build a gold wall (for whatever reason).
You needed 120 gold for the wall and could sell the remaining 80 gold for 1,200 silver.

In your mod:
If you have 200 gold in stock you can use 6 of them to build your wall and sell the remaining 194 for 8,730 silver.

That was what I ment with overpowered. You can build more AND get more silver out of a given amount of gold then in vanilla. Also, in a more common case, if you just want to sell the gold to get more usefull stuff you now get the tripple amount of silver for your gold which is definitley nothing I "wouldn't notice".
Prasie the Squirrel!

Hoovytaurus

Another can't-install-stuff problem - it appears advanced bionic jaws can't be installed. Normal jaws show up, the advanced ones don't. Just thought you should know.

Ykara

Quote from: Hoovytaurus on February 20, 2015, 12:56:14 PM
Another can't-install-stuff problem - it appears advanced bionic jaws can't be installed. Normal jaws show up, the advanced ones don't. Just thought you should know.
Thanks, I found the problem and fixed it. Look in the attachements and put the file in the RecipeDef folder (just overwrite the old file).  Keep reporting bugs, I really appreciate it. I think I'll release a fix with this and some other minor fixes tomorrow.

@Dr. Z: I get your point. t It's not a big problem in my opinion because I've never built any walls out of gold, but I'll think about a solution. Do you have an idea how to fix this problem? I can't change the volume, because it couldn't use it in recipes with a small volume.

[attachment deleted due to age]

shade88

Quote from: Ykara on February 20, 2015, 02:08:01 PM
Quote from: Hoovytaurus on February 20, 2015, 12:56:14 PM
Thanks, I found the problem and fixed it. Look in the attachements and put the file in the RecipeDef folder (just overwrite the old file).  Keep reporting bugs, I really appreciate it. I think I'll release a fix with this and some other minor fixes tomorrow.

@Dr. Z: I get your point. t It's not a big problem in my opinion because I've never built any walls out of gold, but I'll think about a solution. Do you have an idea how to fix this problem? I can't change the volume, because it couldn't use it in recipes with a small volume.
Why not just keep market prices the same as vanilla? The lower build cost will make it easier to use the gold in recipes, but with market prices the same, people won't be able to make an easy profit off the leftover gold.

BinaryBlackhole

My colonist lost its left radius is there a prosthetic for that,

Boboid

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on February 20, 2015, 02:35:24 PM
My colonist lost its left radius is there a prosthetic for that,

A Radius is a bone in your forearm, one of two(the other is your Ulna iirc). It runs along the thumb-side of your arm.

Can always replace his arm.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Asfalto

I think you need a new colony for the fix to fix the issue :\

Ykara

Quote from: Asfalto on February 20, 2015, 05:24:27 PM
Do you mean the advanced bionic jaw fix? This fix doesn't requiere a new colony. I don't know how it is with 1.01 but it shouldn't make problems, too. Maybe there's another problem with the jaw, I'm gonna take another look at it.

Asfalto

Quote from: Ykara on February 20, 2015, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: Asfalto on February 20, 2015, 05:24:27 PM
Do you mean the advanced bionic jaw fix? This fix doesn't requiere a new colony. I don't know how it is with 1.01 but it shouldn't make problems, too. Maybe there's another problem with the jaw, I'm gonna take another look at it.

No,no, wait!

I am upgrading bionic legs to advanced, i just crafted one, but i can only see install bionic leg in the operations menu on the colonist, not install advanced bionic leg..