[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Hoovytaurus

Another bug - advanced bionic ears cannot be installed either.

Ykara

Yep, the ears were buggy, too. I've fixed it and put the fixed def in the attachements, just override your old file in the RecipeDef folder. But I don't have any issues with the leg, for me everything works just fine. Do you have any other mods installed? Because I can't reproduce this bug.
Anyway, have fun!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tatte

~Tatte~

Asfalto

Well i'm using few mods, but none interfering with medical operations or parts..

Uhm.

Ykara

Quote from: Asfalto on February 20, 2015, 07:20:36 PM
Well i'm using few mods, but none interfering with medical operations or parts..
Okay, that's strange. I don't have any problems with the legs :/ I've tried crafting them and that works fine, too.

Quote from: Tatte on February 20, 2015, 07:19:27 PM
I cant seem to install it? Help!
Where's the problem? Everything I've tested works fine, can't you install one of the advanced bionics?

Ganimedes

i can't install a harvested nose (natural nose) to one of my colonist. the nose is right there in the stockpile but the option to install is not :( my poor ben is stuck beeing ugly

Ykara

Quote from: Ganimedes on February 20, 2015, 07:35:27 PM
i can't install a harvested nose (natural nose) to one of my colonist. the nose is right there in the stockpile but the option to install is not :( my poor ben is stuck beeing ugly
Oh, that's not a bug. I've temporarily removed the option to install natural parts because it caused some problems, I'll release a fix when I've found a solution. Meanwhile you could give your Ben an artificial nose ^^

Ganimedes

oh.. ok too bad he is a protophobe, prostophobe prostatephob... anyway he doesn't like bionic stuff :P i'll be waiting for your next update, really enjoy making my colonist into terminators  8)

Tatte

Quote from: Ykara on February 20, 2015, 07:23:20 PM
Quote from: Asfalto on February 20, 2015, 07:20:36 PM
Okay, that's strange. I don't have any problems with the legs :/ I've tried crafting them and that works fine, too.

Quote from: Tatte on February 20, 2015, 07:19:27 PM
I cant seem to install it? Help!
Where's the problem? Everything I've tested works fine, can't you install one of the advanced bionics?

What folder do i put into the mods? because the folder that has everything in it is a .rar, so what do i do?
~Tatte~

Ykara

Quote from: Tatte on February 20, 2015, 08:56:09 PM
What folder do i put into the mods? because the folder that has everything in it is a .rar, so what do i do?
I'm sure this will help you ^^

harpo99999

Quote from: Tatte on February 20, 2015, 08:56:09 PM

extract the rar INTO the mods folder next to the core 'mod'(this MUST NOT BE REMOVED OR DISABLED or rimworld will NOT work)

Dr. Z

Quote from: Ykara on February 20, 2015, 02:08:01 PM
I get your point. t It's not a big problem in my opinion because I've never built any walls out of gold, but I'll think about a solution. Do you have an idea how to fix this problem? I can't change the volume, because it couldn't use it in recipes with a small volume.

THAT is the problem: If you don't build things out of gold you can make vast amounts of money without much effort. Can you manually set the costs for buildings made of gold? In this case you could set the costs of any golden buildings to the 20x of the normal cost and keep the price like vanilla. Or, if thats not possible, change the volume and let the price unchanged, because THIS wouldn't be a problem at all if you're not building anything out of gold and far better than let us sell it for the tripple amount of silver.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dragoon

Quote from: Dr. Z on February 21, 2015, 07:26:17 AM
THAT is the problem: If you don't build things out of gold you can make vast amounts of money without much
THIS wouldn't be a problem at all if you're not building anything out of gold and far better than let us sell it for the tripple amount of silver.

I'm confused you are angry because the amount of gold needed to make something like a wall is low or are you angry that you can sell gold for a large amount?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Dr. Z

Both. Especially because the modder unbalanced the gold to have higher volume (which is neccesarry and nobody is building with gold anyway) and than say he would balance this by increasing it's value but actually making it more unbalanced that way.

And it's not that I'm angry I'm just trying to say that a benefit not wanted in the original game is not balanced by giving another benefit that isn't wanted by the original game either.

Also I think you missunderstood my quote by cutting out the middle, I said that keeping the value unchanged wouldn't be a problem when you're just selling the gold not building with it.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ykara

Update 1.02 - Be Frankenstein!

Hey guys, I've just finished a quick new update with some minor fixes. It's now possible to install natural body parts again, I've added a new advanced bionic and balanced the gold market value.
You can download the update from the original post or directly from here!
Enjoy!

Changes:
*  You can now install natural parts again!
*  Added advanced bionic spine!
*  Fixed problems with some advanced bionics
*  Renamed "Prosthetics"-research to "Simple prosthetics"
*  Lowered the market value of gold to 25
*  Fixed a bug with the bionic spine (now it enhances manipulation and moving instead of doing nothing)
*  Injuries on the spine now have a high chance to become permanent
*  Polished and structured some of the defs