[A11b] Prison Improvements v1.1 updated by kexici

Started by Wastelander, February 05, 2015, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrin

An interesting expansion to the vanilla prison options. Allows for far greater control over prisoners at any rate. I kinda like the idea of building a small "Colony within a colony" to deal with any captured individuals. Being able to mark a room as for prisoners without actually having a bed in there is nice. I hate having to build tables and the like for every prison room.
**Silence is the only answer to the mundane**

nuschler22

I don't know if this has been answered, but I made a yard and the warden keeps bringing the prisoner back to his bed every time he goes outside.  What am I doing incorrectly?

Edit: I think I figured it out.  Add a security camera to the area.  Duh. :)

bigfuzzy

I'd love to see an option where you risk the prisoners escaping if in an outdoor area.  Then you have to weigh the options of whether or not you want to have a nice prison, or a dark hole in the ground!  Then you'd also have to plan for other ways to contain them. 
Also, you could implement an "alarm" going off when they've been discovered gone! ;)
Great work, going to try it tonight.

SilverTitch

excellent mod. couple of things about the enslaving. can i still recruit while their slaved? and the -3 de-buff, i'm assuming that stacks with the -5 from imprisoned.

><

Wastelander

Quoteexcellent mod. couple of things about the enslaving. can i still recruit while their slaved? and the -3 de-buff, i'm assuming that stacks with the -5 from imprisoned.

Enslaved people act just like colonists, they are not prisoners, so they don't have the imprisoned mood mod. You can order them around, draft them, all that. They just suffer the -3 mood mod forever, and I don't think there is a way to 'graduate' them up from slaves to full colonists.

SilverTitch

sound cheers. So skips the recruit stage for a permanent -3. no more 1% chance fails. woohoo!

brilliant mod. I'm loving the whole proper jail system going on. seperate cells yards etc. thanks wastelander.

><

WhiteRider

Quote from: Dragoon on February 28, 2015, 11:23:10 PM
Quote from: pro447 on February 28, 2015, 09:20:14 PM
where is the download  link

front page under known bugs click  PrisonImprovementsA9v1.1.zip
You have to be logged into the forum in order to see the download link.  If you're not logged in then the link is not visible.  (I was looking for ages as well!)

Rock5

You're right! I didn't know that. That means a user has to join the forum just to download attached files. Seems harsh.

Of course the mod creator can probably just add a link directly in the post which would be visible even when the user is not logged in but would that go against what the forum admins wants? Are they trying to increase their sign-ups or was it unintentional?

That raises another question that I've wondered about sometimes, do the admins mind some of us hosting the mods on this forum or would they prefer the mods be hosted at one of the mod sites?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Wastelander

Quote from: Rock5 on March 04, 2015, 08:15:56 AM
You're right! I didn't know that. That means a user has to join the forum just to download attached files. Seems harsh.

Of course the mod creator can probably just add a link directly in the post which would be visible even when the user is not logged in but would that go against what the forum admins wants? Are they trying to increase their sign-ups or was it unintentional?

That raises another question that I've wondered about sometimes, do the admins mind some of us hosting the mods on this forum or would they prefer the mods be hosted at one of the mod sites?

Naw, not against forum rules, I was just lazy. (And I like seeing the little download counter, gives me the warm fuzzies.) According to the "how to post a mod" sticky, I don't think they really care where you attach the files.

I've added a download link to the first post in this thread.

MrSurvivor

From the slave collar, does it still make them rebel like in the slavers mod or do they stay forever obedient?

Wastelander

QuoteFrom the slave collar, does it still make them rebel like in the slavers mod or do they stay forever obedient?

Nope, none of the other features from Slavers is in this mod. Enslaved colonists just act like regular colonists forever.

jal21

when i furst saw this mod i thiut "i dont need this this mod will just to unued if i install this then i started to think about it and i thout that this is needed very much so thank you for makeing a mod that took me three day to ponder if i need this

GiPSyFiSH

Right, I have a prison block with a yard, a cell with beds and a freezer with storage for prison meals. All connected by prison doors and with cameras.

Works perfectly, except... My colonists are still bringing them simple meals, even though their freezer is full of prison meals...

They have access to the prison meals, they eat them, yet they get extra food on top of that. Am I missing something?

Wastelander

Quote from: GiPSyFiSH on March 08, 2015, 12:12:34 PM
Right, I have a prison block with a yard, a cell with beds and a freezer with storage for prison meals. All connected by prison doors and with cameras.

Works perfectly, except... My colonists are still bringing them simple meals, even though their freezer is full of prison meals...

They have access to the prison meals, they eat them, yet they get extra food on top of that. Am I missing something?

Make sure "gets meals" is unchecked in the Prisoner tab. Colonists only hand-deliver them meals if that is checked.

Monkeysaur

One idea could be that a slave has no autonomy and has to be directed at all times. Self direction is kind of at conflict with being a slave and it adds some needed disadvantage to enslaving people, or perhaps a better way to do it would be to allow a slave to be self directing, but also add in the risk that if the slave goes too far from the home zone or if the slave is ever far away enough from an armed colonist, they will try to escape. This could be dealt with by giving them only the tasks which you know will be localized to the home zone. A slave who travels half way across the map to hunt would be stupid to return with food for his/her captors when they can just leg it and be free.