[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshadow

Was playing around with this mod today and I thought 'hey, wouldn't it be fun if I started off a colony that already had the airborne virus'. I tried to execute the Virus Airborne incident via the 'execute incident' dev tool and it did nothing, I'm running quite a few mods alongside this mod, but none of them appear to be conflicting with this mod.
Anyways, in short: I was wondering if there was another way to force the airborne virus incident to happen. Either that or does the incident not have an alert(the red/yellow/blue messages on the right middle corner) and I've been triggering it this whole time without noticing?
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

LustrousWolf

Quote from: LustrousWolf on March 29, 2015, 04:59:31 PM
Will this mod work if I have these mods already? http://gyazo.com/0627a1651a09679162977afb9a35be3e
(Yes I have tested if all these work together and they do, only reason I am asking is this look pretty big :O)
If I get this mod I am guessing I will need a mod that allows me to get weapons faster maybe? by crafting or something? or is it easy to begin with with the zombies?
I'm pretty sure Zombie Apocalypse will be incompatible with some of the mods you are currently using. Any mod that modifies Pawns in any way will have compatibility issues with Zombie Apocalypse.
[/quote]

So I was kinda upset about it since this mod looked as if it would show a different kind of game play for rimworld, so i tried it, with all the mods on that photo, and it works fine, no bugs / flaws so far :D

Stryker

Can you make a version without the airborne virus event?

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Stryker on April 02, 2015, 12:38:18 AM
Can you make a version without the airborne virus event?

yes, that would be nice. that thing annoys me so much. hope it does happen :)

Kaballah

Fairly sure you can just comment out the block for that incident in Mods\Zombie Apocalypse\Defs\IncidentDefs\BaseIncidents_Zombies.xml

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Kaballah on April 02, 2015, 04:18:17 PM
Fairly sure you can just comment out the block for that incident in Mods\Zombie Apocalypse\Defs\IncidentDefs\BaseIncidents_Zombies.xml

so if i take out whats highlighted in grey the airborne virus wont pop up anymore??
http://gyazo.com/9183a6f17c7062d9c2bfa636ed9acfea

Kaballah

I dunno, but it seems likely /shrug

I'm sure the mod owner will be along soon to say for sure.

Justin C

It will probably break the mod if you comment that out. It will still attempt to run the event but it won't find it, and it will throw an error.

Vonholtz

I like the airborne virus event.  But out 4 game I have played with the zombie mod that in game have last two + years only one has gone airborne.  Seem ether I or some other are have good luck or bad when it come to the airborne event.  ;D

Kaballah

Quote from: Justin C on April 03, 2015, 02:56:51 AM
It will probably break the mod if you comment that out. It will still attempt to run the event but it won't find it, and it will throw an error.

Rather than make a whole separate version that writes it out, could you maybe make it something easy to customize on or off (I see the 'chance' tag but I don't think it actually does anything)

Justin C

Quote from: Kaballah on April 03, 2015, 02:05:07 PM
Quote from: Justin C on April 03, 2015, 02:56:51 AM

Rather than make a whole separate version that writes it out, could you maybe make it something easy to customize on or off (I see the 'chance' tag but I don't think it actually does anything)
I'll try to work it into Alpha 10.

Quote from: Vonholtz on April 03, 2015, 11:23:28 AM
I like the airborne virus event.  But out 4 game I have played with the zombie mod that in game have last two + years only one has gone airborne.  Seem ether I or some other are have good luck or bad when it come to the airborne event.  ;D
Yeah, it's hard to find a balance that everyone is happy with for a feature that everyone seems to either love or hate.

rexx1888

heya, just a quick question, is this mod integrated with the storytellers. It seems the zombie hordes spawn on a timer of sorts. It creates some cool emergent gameplay, but its also shit annoying to have a half dozen raids and a horde turn up and then have to burn all the copious amounts of bodies(and deal with the random reanimations to boot). An i dont bring this up because its hard, it just creates a bunch of extra busywork. if the mods integrated with the storyteller, then it isnt your problem and its just a quirk of cassandra an such, but if it isnt an it just spawns them on a timer then the storyteller isnt taking the hordes in to account and just spawns more busy work.

basically, i dont find it hugely fun to have to haul dozens of corpses for hours of game time an was curious if that was somehow intended or a weird quirk?

Justin C

Quote from: rexx1888 on April 04, 2015, 01:10:07 AM
heya, just a quick question, is this mod integrated with the storytellers. It seems the zombie hordes spawn on a timer of sorts. It creates some cool emergent gameplay, but its also shit annoying to have a half dozen raids and a horde turn up and then have to burn all the copious amounts of bodies(and deal with the random reanimations to boot). An i dont bring this up because its hard, it just creates a bunch of extra busywork. if the mods integrated with the storyteller, then it isnt your problem and its just a quirk of cassandra an such, but if it isnt an it just spawns them on a timer then the storyteller isnt taking the hordes in to account and just spawns more busy work.

basically, i dont find it hugely fun to have to haul dozens of corpses for hours of game time an was curious if that was somehow intended or a weird quirk?
I did separate the raids from the storyteller. The reason I did this is because the storyteller never spawns two raids close together. This means that if the storyteller was in charge you would never have a zombie hoard clash with a different group of enemy raiders that spawned at roughly the same time.

The corpse pileup is pretty much unavoidable in the late game with or without Zombie Apocalypse installed.

Polok432

Ninefinger

Quote from: Justin C on April 04, 2015, 04:34:09 AM
Quote from: rexx1888 on April 04, 2015, 01:10:07 AM

I did separate the raids from the storyteller. The reason I did this is because the storyteller never spawns two raids close together. This means that if the storyteller was in charge you would never have a zombie hoard clash with a different group of enemy raiders that spawned at roughly the same time.

The corpse pileup is pretty much unavoidable in the late game with or without Zombie Apocalypse installed.

This is what makes the mod absolutely great adding more diversity and increasing difficulty, part of the difficulty being able to manage the dead bodies, also the airborne virus event is what makes the bodies piling up a further dynamic of the game itself when they rise back up, but hey rexx1888 if you are just not being challenged enough than i suggest you try my modpack that has Zombie Apocalypse mod integrated into it. not to be rude by posting my modpack here or anything, i love zombie apocalypse mod a lot that's the reason why its in my modpack. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11934.0