[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on July 07, 2015, 11:23:31 AM
1) I opened a File Explorer window with C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config in it
2) I tried hitting + and then R and got a lovely tone but no action.
3) I opened a command prompt window using the mouse by clicking on File in the action bar and then on open command prompt
4) I tried typing "%APPDATA%\..\LocalLow"   I then hit enter and got an error message.

Can you explain what you were saying a bit?
Any reason why I can't just locate "ModsConfig.xml" in C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config and copy yours over it? Or better yet...
1) Copy the mods in your archive into the \mod directory
2) just delete C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld
3) activate the mods in the game?

What he was saying is to use "windows button" + "R"  in fact ;)

And there reason for you to put the "ModsConfig.xml" instead of yours ==> It's just for the mod load in the correct order

Now you can locate "ModsConfig.xml" in your appdata the way you wan't (or feel comfortable too) as long as you effectively replace it with one provide for the pack. Even in full prompt Dos mod ;)

Hope it clarify things a bit for you

Havan_IronOak

OK... Got the mod to work by doing my standard mod install.
1) Download the mod and extract the contents to a directory called \WORK
2) Moved all the sub-directories in \WORK to my \Mods directory (except for \Core)
3) Launched the game
4) Added all the mods via the Mods button

Sorry for my confusion earlier. I'm really liking the mod so far! Though I DID expect more information after completing the 10 research than I got in in the initial bubble. (Maybe something about how to make parts would have been good... or even a tip about setting up space for the sand and crushed stone that are by-products of making blocks etc.)

I know that it's cheating a bit but I'm gonna adjust my preset to include a half dozen spare parts,  2  steel parts, swap 30 steel bars for steel and finally swap 200 planks for raw wood. I figure it's a better start and the colonists would have had enough sense to grab a few things on the way out. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

d3mons

wich rechearched do i need to get to ai core crafting ?
or do i have to rely on ship drops for m2d droids to be abele to be build ?

villert

The parts and stuff is cool, I like the extra difficulty it brings to getting a colony running properly - makes every accomplishment feel that much more rewarding. I do really, really hate the colour of wood planks though; feel like I'm living in a gold plated tin house.

Havan_IronOak

Yes, it DOES seem to be very crafting oriented but I like it. It gives the just starting out colony a much more realistic feel.

I also like the Info Drop about Shift K at the beginning. That's a good tip.

d3mons

anoyne knows the table to craft the ai core at? im at 200 days would love to get some drones running finaly XD prety much have al the rechearched i think

Havan_IronOak

For what it's worth...

1) There is some kind of bug in the lower left corner descriptions for plants. I've got potatoes and xerigium planted so far and they both show what looks like xml code in the lower left descriptor window when highlighted. The information window pop-up looks OK though. (What SEEMS to be missing is the % grown data)

2) I agree that Wood Plank Walls should be a warmer, redder, wood-like color.

Uglyr

Erm... 1.8b looks more like 1.9. There is no more starting loads of steel bars (as well as chips, glass, turret weapons and ammo). To build my first simple door I need spare parts and wood planks.
Now I don't know how should i start my ice colony. Carry as much as i can and then conservate myself in mountain? Impossible as there is no log walls. Looks like I have to deconstruct some relict walls first. After that (if my colonist don't freeze to death) I'm not sure if I have enough starting wood to build sawmill and make some kindling for campfire and then wood planks for stonecutter table.

Yeah I know it's hardcore pack, but I think it became too much hardcore in 1.8b.

kexici

Fisching is bugy - made from wood plank -> silver bar fisching post ?
                       - made next from wood plank -> plastel bar fishing post? :)
-> no one go fisching (with any  fisch tool) with any priority

thx :)

skyarkhangel

Update: 1.8c with seedplease fix by Latta
Works in new game.

Havan_IronOak

Two things...

1) Looks like there's a bug in the harvesting of fully grown plants.
I got one guy whose primary responsibility is growing.  He has a bunch of other duties but his #1's are: Firefight, Patient, Flick and Grow.  The first potato crop is ready and he walks out to the field, and then alternates between standing and harvesting. No potatoes actually GET harvested, and he doesn't move on to other tasks.

I've manually assigned the guy other tasks and he does those OK but NOT the harvest task. Any ideas?

2) Can you give me a hint on how to procure "synthetic materials?" Plastic, Rubber, Synthetic Fibers... none of these things seems readily obtainable through bootstrapping (using materials in every world and the production facilities one can make from them)

e.g. I finally made an aluminum bed. 
Mine Steel
Make Steel Bar from steel.
Make Spare Part from Steel Bar
Mine Aluminum Ore,
make aluminum bars,
Make Aluminum Part for spare part and aluminum bars
Make bed from 1 spare part 2 aluminum parts

But I can't get started on anything that makes Plastic, Rubber, or Synthetic Fibers.

DaLosar

For plastic and rubber you need to refine crude oil on a chemical laboratory. To get crude oil you must first create a drill to make a fissure on the ground, then use an automatic miner to extract the oil (it can also extract other materials, such as steel).

At least thats how it worked on 1.7

skyarkhangel

Already done, to update 1.8d:

Reworked chain production with rubble and sand. Added recipe for sand from rubble.
Added wires. As new component 1.8 realproduction crafting system.
Fixed cost for buildings from vegetable garden mod (eg.. Oven)
Unique weapon craft system.

Uglyr

Quote from: Enjoyment on July 08, 2015, 04:08:37 PM
Why the heck Nexusmods knows about 1.8c, and Ludeon Forum doesn't? Not cool, man, not even close to that... >:(
He just forgot to update text. The link is for 1.8c

Eclipse

Can anybody help me? I've been playing rimworld for a few days now and so I tried out this modpack. The only problem I have with it is now when I try to select which type of material to make something out of by right clicking it, nothing shows up. I keep getting a message at the top that I don't have the materials to build it and all I'm trying to do is to select wooden walls and wooden beds to build. I'm pretty sure it's EdB's UI mod causing this but I don't want to disable it.