[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Uglyr on July 08, 2015, 05:16:12 PM
Quote from: Enjoyment on July 08, 2015, 04:08:37 PM
Why the heck Nexusmods knows about 1.8c, and Ludeon Forum doesn't? Not cool, man, not even close to that... >:(
He just forgot to update text. The link is for 1.8c

Yes. But thanks for reminder. Corrected. Now i'am realizing new unique crafting system. You had never seen it before  ;)

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Eclipse on July 08, 2015, 06:50:50 PM
Can anybody help me? I've been playing rimworld for a few days now and so I tried out this modpack. The only problem I have with it is now when I try to select which type of material to make something out of by right clicking it, nothing shows up. I keep getting a message at the top that I don't have the materials to build it and all I'm trying to do is to select wooden walls and wooden beds to build. I'm pretty sure it's EdB's UI mod causing this but I don't want to disable it.

in 1.8 for most of buildings required parts as new stuff. But for walls work old type with bars.

projecttemp

Since i have been using your mod for a while, i guess i should point out some problems i found.

1. Certain work bench still have size of 1x1 when it is 1x3(specifically the EPOE ones)
2. Seeds are still kind of broken specifically when you save and load, the genome string disappeared(the data appeared to be intact)
3. Seeds genome are compared wrong, hence they do not stack ".genome.Equals(genome)". That there is not how you compared object, used the function it have ".genome.SameGenome(genome)"
4. Reinforce concrete cannot be made electrically?
5. Reinforce concrete should really be mixed in the concrete mixers
6. Certain plants still cannot be grown with seeds enabled, like watermelons
7. Strange artifact from misc gives error because it lack grenadier def
8. Shooting range require training bullet to be defined
9. Fish industry needs to be updated completely
10. Certain parts do not have their original beauty modifiers
11. Advance microchip appears to be way to cheap when buying, it require 5 electronic chips, yet it only cost little more than double cost of 1
12. You should make some icon for the new thingscatagories your created, they are all red crosses right now

Those are some of the things i found, i will let you know when i found more

Eclipse

Thanks for answering everybody. I assumed that's what I had to do. Just threw me for a loop since I was used to placing down a blueprint and just having the settlers build it once I get the materials.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: projecttemp on July 08, 2015, 10:12:17 PM
Since i have been using your mod for a while, i guess i should point out some problems i found.

1. Certain work bench still have size of 1x1 when it is 1x3(specifically the EPOE ones)
2. Seeds are still kind of broken specifically when you save and load, the genome string disappeared(the data appeared to be intact)
3. Seeds genome are compared wrong, hence they do not stack ".genome.Equals(genome)". That there is not how you compared object, used the function it have ".genome.SameGenome(genome)"
4. Reinforce concrete cannot be made electrically?
5. Reinforce concrete should really be mixed in the concrete mixers
6. Certain plants still cannot be grown with seeds enabled, like watermelons
7. Strange artifact from misc gives error because it lack grenadier def
8. Shooting range require training bullet to be defined
9. Fish industry needs to be updated completely
10. Certain parts do not have their original beauty modifiers
11. Advance microchip appears to be way to cheap when buying, it require 5 electronic chips, yet it only cost little more than double cost of 1
12. You should make some icon for the new thingscatagories your created, they are all red crosses right now

Those are some of the things i found, i will let you know when i found more

Big thanks, most of this fixed.

alatar

Plase do something about marine ghillie overalls, every TRIBAL raider have one lol...

Batpeter

skyarkhangel, this is amazing work. Best mod pack ever!
Do you have an indication on when 1.8d will be released? Sounds very promising and i want to start playing Rimworld again.

Delekhan

When I harvest crops and my pawns take seeds back to my stockpile, the 5 seeds they're carrying become 1 when it's placed in the stockpile, or on another stack of the same seeds.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: alatar on July 09, 2015, 07:31:56 AM
Plase do something about marine ghillie overalls, every TRIBAL raider have one lol...

Okay :)

Quote from: Delekhan on July 09, 2015, 12:45:00 PM
When I harvest crops and my pawns take seeds back to my stockpile, the 5 seeds they're carrying become 1 when it's placed in the stockpile, or on another stack of the same seeds.

Yes.. still something wrong with seedplease  :-[

Quote from: Batpeter on July 09, 2015, 07:38:02 AM
skyarkhangel, this is amazing work. Best mod pack ever!
Do you have an indication on when 1.8d will be released? Sounds very promising and i want to start playing Rimworld again.

Some part  with the additions and fixes are already done. But.. I too often update, players don't have time to play.. when coming next update  :D
Now I collect thoughts.. about tree research. To make it easier for new player.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Canute on July 09, 2015, 02:46:42 PM
QuoteNow I collect thoughts.. about tree research. To make it easier for new player.
Is this now the hardcore mod or not ? :-)

at that moment there are too many not important researches in the game start that knocked thought player. I think it's one of the reasons why are not a large number of players playing in Hardcore SK.

Batpeter

I think you're right. Things don't need to be over complicated if you want to play hardcore. Should be fun and accessible as well.

ChiefSlapahoe

I like the focus on making your decisions actually matter, and combat more challenging. You must manage your resources much more now. Having shrapnel and buckshot are great additions. The only thing I would like to see added is a balanced Project Armory to add in some more variety. I had pretty much all these mods in all myself last alpha and its great you guys are working to integrate them all smoothly.

The only suggestion I would say is either an in-game or .jpg tech web style thing to help newer players know what they want to research and what benefits it provides/unlocks. Perhaps try to combine more related tech things together to reduce the amount of clutter tech; maybe reduce tech costs in some areas so they can get things they need to start off quicker. You could justify this in that the passengers came with some knowledge from their advanced society already, the hard part is actually making the things.

People are probably nervous about trying it just because it completely changes the game from relatively easy to very hard, hence the name. All the tech and production cycles make the game much harder and longer to do; even just the fact that you have to smelt steel into bars. My suggestion to people that are looking for an easier time or more time to learn the new system is just to use Prepare Carefully to give yourself an easier start. Its definitely a much more rewarding experience being able to survive. Having to lose colonists and fighting against the odds are what make the game great. 

Batpeter

How would you set up Prepare Carefully to make this easier? Might be good for players who want the game to get up to steam faster and have a little easier time. Including me i guess  8)

kaptain_kavern

After choosing your characters be sure to embark with some spare parts also.
That's how I will do next time. But I like the extra difficulty.

BTW Skyarkhangel those zombies are so much better with your patch. Now they're real threat. I like it that way. And I like the Xtra Hardcore crafting mode too... Keep up the great job
Bring me Hardcore man Thx ;-)

Delekhan

I agree this modpack makes the game much deeper, more interesting, more engaging, and more fun for me. I prefer it over Ninefinger's modpack which is also good, but lacks the depth that this one has.

That said, this modpack still has a lot of bugs which are a problem, hope they are fixed soon :)