[TOOL] RimEdit (v.2.1)

Started by Darker, January 05, 2014, 06:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darker

Oh thanks :)
There was a mistake due to the way I changed map parsing. All rock/debris buttons would spawn something else (unbuilt sandbags, grenades, nutrient paste meal).

Fixed now.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

central

Would you mind opening up your amazing project to the open public by either a download or posting it on github?

Darker

It's all javascript - you can download it and alter it as you wish. I tried to comment it well, though in some later scripts important coments are missing.
Just a note:
All images are either downloaded, stolen from paid image sites or screen-captured from rim World. Tynan has given me his permission and also has sent me some graphics for terrain surface. After testing, I don't use these for performance reasons.

I'm also working on possible modability using userscripts (eg. greasemonkey). Main editor object is a global variable (window.world) so you can see what's going on there.

However, posting it on github ain't bad idea - people will fix bugs for me :)

Darker

So, after a lot of pain, I created a GitHub repo for Rim World editor. Any good edit will make me happy.

central

There's an pull request incoming with the following feature addition:
map zooming

I implemented it with buttons, as the toolbar-api was a bit restrictive. Might be cool to implement it as a slider?

Question: I had to pull index.html from the history, used to be an php file? Did you remove it on purpose, I suppose there should be something to replace it, right?

Darker

I'll try to add this, however, there is something you should know about the editor:

Since browsers had a tendency to crash when 200*200 table joined the HTML, I've implemented a pseudo-class that only shows cells in and around the screen. Other cells do have "display: none" until needed.

I'm not sure how this will work with zooming. I used to zoom with Ctrl+mousewheel.

Darker

Index.php was removed on purpose, I often use it to test functions (like popups). In the future, I'd like to have one public and one private/testing index.

Semmy

Editor looks awsome.
I hope you will keep this up through the updates towards the final feature.
I always liked changing my game of dwarf fortress into what i wanted it to be and leave out the stuff i didn't enjoy.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

CodyRex123

What do we save it as, and how do we set it to a save?
Dragons!

ItchyFlea

I have to say, I'm extremely surprised that this works with the current version of RimWorld. Mostly anyway.
How it treats rock, minerals and empty space are interesting, but otherwise it's fine.

I'm just hoping the world I've created will work without issues for the intended use of CustomScenarios.  :)

I'm sure I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again, Thank-you very, very much for this map editor Darker.  ;D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Darker

I had new map saving semi-implemented, but at this moment, I have big problems not to get kicked off school so I had to stop playing Rim world and start learning math.

Next month, I'll release new version that will have way better performance and will understand new maps.

QuoteWhat do we save it as, and how do we set it to a save?
Instead of random name browser gives you, insert "test.rim" (the .rim makes it a gamesave). Check help for gamesave location, I'm unsure as of new versions.

mfxoxes

I am not able to load anything in the editor :/ It gets to 100% then it doesn't do anything from there.

eagleFMJ

404 error webpage doesn't seem to exist

Darker

I must say it pleases me to see that even 24hr server-down won't go unnoticed. The problem is fixed now, I happened to exceed file count limit on the webhosting.

Darker

So, in this update, the best changes are these two:

• The command line
  • The new way how selected tools are being handled. It's hard to explain, but you'll see.