[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Red Perversion on August 17, 2015, 06:16:33 PM
Can't find where can I construct the advanced turrets? Like Vulcan for example. Help?

Research their technology first.

Quote from: The13thRonin on August 17, 2015, 05:04:35 PM
Any chance Glittertech will ever be incorporated?

And can we get official instructions on how to add the zombie mod? No idea where it would go in the load order.

Note: Auto-seller has also been updated with more functionality.

New version Autoseller with bunch of red bugs too. Even worse than the previous one.
Nope. Glitter tech - cheater tech with poor quality textures.
Later make a 3th topic for addition patches with more details. First = 20k limit.

Red Perversion

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 17, 2015, 11:02:59 PM
Can't find where can I construct the advanced turrets? Like Vulcan for example. Help?

Obviously I already have researched them, otherwise I would not see them. Going into Architect only lets me build turrets from "packages", but I do not know where to assemble those. No explanation whatsoever in the techs.

The13thRonin

Quote from: The13thRonin on August 17, 2015, 05:04:35 PM
Any chance Glittertech will ever be incorporated?

And can we get official instructions on how to add the zombie mod? No idea where it would go in the load order.

Note: Auto-seller has also been updated with more functionality.

New version Autoseller with bunch of red bugs too. Even worse than the previous one.
Nope. Glitter tech - cheater tech with poor quality textures.
Later make a 3th topic for addition patches with more details. First = 20k limit.

You're running out of mods to add though, this saddens me :(.

I want to watch the mod-pack grow, it is so great already :).

isistoy

Don't worry, there is a big one coming and it's called A12 - Tameable animals ;)
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Nanako

Hello author of this mod pack. Me and a friend have been playing for a week. I want to bring your attention to a glaring balance issue.

Soylent Green is kind of broken.
Currently, i'm running a colony in the extreme northern reaches of a planet, temperatures go as low as -75c, nothing grows here without fancy tech, living is hard, and cannibalism is my main food source. Or it was, that is normal cannibalism with cooking people into simple meals.

Soylent green changed all that, and made it too easy.
First of all, the market value is screwed up. With a nutrition of 60% and a market value of only $1.00 per block, soylent green is ABSURDLY cheap to just buy in bulk from passing traders, and live off of permanantly. I figured i'd be importing food, but this is so cheap it barely matters. i can sell a few mended shirts and feed my colony for several months.

It needs to be made more expensive to buy, okay? Thats the first issue.  OR just lower its nutrition so that each block matters less.

The second problem, is that the soylent green machine is worthless for food. It converts a human corpse into 5 soylent green, which is a total of 300 nutrition points. But this is far less than the total  nutrition you get by just butchering that corpse into useable human meat.  Butchering gives 75 chunks of meat, for 10 nutrition points each. 750 vs 300 is a clear no contest

Thirdly, soylent green machine is worthless for making money. A corpse fed into the soylent machine DOES NOT yield human leather, which can be sold for 50-80 dollars per corpse normally. And the soylent green itself is worthless as we've already established

Fourthly, soylent green, with its 60% nutrition value and its small stack size, is presumably intended as a finished meal, (compared to the usual 5-10% values for ingredients)
However its technically categorised as a raw ingredient still. This results in some wierd behaviour. For example, colonists will attempt to cook 10x soylent green  (600 nutrition points!) into a single simple meal, which only yields 85 nutrition

This is a massive loss of nutrition, its pretty broken

Because of all these problems, even though i'm still eating humans, i'm not turning them into soylent green. Instead i'm butchering the corpses, selling the meat AND the leather, and then using only some of that money to BUY soylent green from traders, making a huge profit in the process in both nutrition and money.
This is absurd, and the fact that this is the most efficient way to do it, indicates your balance is screwed

There are quite a few bugs here, i think you really need to step back and look at the original source material. Soylent green was supposed to be a way to provide a cheap food source by processing human meat into something more palatable. It should be a good option for people facing tough times.

As a result, i suggest the following balance changes:

1. Increase the value of soylent green, to somewhere around 3-6 dollars
2. Make the soylent green machine NOT take corpses, but instead directly take human or norbal meat chunks. You should butcher first and then feed the meat into the machine .This prevents the loss of leather.
3. With regards to the nutrition values, soylent green' value of 60 should be made with some entropy, so have it require 8 chunks of human meat to make one soylent green.
4. Have eating soylent green give a debuff the same as eating a nutrient paste meal. -4 mood
5. Have soylent green properly marked in the game files as being a meal, NOT an ingredient.  so that people won't try to put it in hoppers or make other meals from it. (this should also remove the "ate raw food" debuff)

As a result, this would make soylent green be what it was originally intended, a way for human meat to be incorporated into the regular food intake, without suffering such massive debuffs as are given for cooked cannibalism.

Nanako

Also i want to ask, what the heck is with auto turrets?

As far as i can tell, the only autoturrets you can have are a base with a normal gun mounted on top. Like, a personnell weapon. This seems really dumb

I've tried them out, and the interface is buggy as hell. When i right click the base, i'm given a list of guns to choose from, but only one of them is not greyed out, and thats the only one i can pick.  it took me a lot of fiddling and luck to mount a sniper rifle on one of them
wtf is going on?

What about all the other big turrets, like the Mg12, and the 50 cal antimateriel rifle? How can i make them automated, all i can seem to do is place them as mannable guns.

zenfur

Nanako, quality post  8) I agree with you. Regarding auto turrets I posted this issue a while ago.

I have some feedback again, lots of small things:

You can brew spectago tea only in simple cooking station. Imho it should be moved to brewery of coffee machine or add it to professional cook stove as well

The only way to repair broken rib is to craft damn expensive medical rib. Could you allow repairing ribs with artificial bones?

Advanced prosthetics in chem lab cost compared to bionic part is dirt cheap. Recipes for bionics have so many components... I wonder whether you could simplify it by using lower tier prosthetics in recipes of more advanced ones and add only few advanced parts. Also don't be afraid to use more plasteel in these advanced recipes than steel. Maybe entirely plasteel parts.

The amount of reinforced glass bionic eye requires is sufficient to build 15 reinforced glass doors. Just saying.

Don't be afraid to use more of biomatter in recipes, even for lower tiers. I've got full warehouses of this stuff.

Also funny thing: i't's possible to craft kevlar helmet which doesn't use kevlar at all :P

I was also quite confused with SAR-Device and its power armor crafting: with so many power armor parts introduced I didn't know which is which. I wonder how to fix it.

Renaming "Smelt weapon..." for "Deconstruct weapon..." or "Disassemble weapon..." would be more intuitive.

I've posted it once, but I'll post it again: making mulch sucks. A lot. It's 1$ for 1 at the shop so I just buy whole thing every time I can from the shop.

Introducing circuitry while your modpack already adds electronics is weird and confusing. Probably you could replace it with advanced chips and add some miscallenous ingredients like rubber for droids.

Shallow moat was originally in the mod indestructible... Did you change it? As the first raiders do is destroy my moat. It should be a terrain imho.

Also turrets you imported from that mod were automated with hoppers by design. Now they have to be mannable... which kinda sucks but it's understandable. Their description still suggests they are automatic, though (precision laser/plasma turrets, I'm looking at you)

Also some turrets require additional materials to be placed, while others - don't.

Please move advanced hydroponics pod to misc category as others. Also hydroponics is quite unbalanced. Advanced one is now the best effot, price and comfort-wise.

There is dicrepancy between crafting weapons' names and their names as items. Also regarding crafting and armor making: I think that crafting skill should be reserved for stuff like making parts. Smithing should be for ammo, weapon making/disassembling and armor making, while tailoring should be for, well, tailoring and looming. Crafting for the rest.

Orbital trading post doesn't offer any benefit apart from being smaller (which isn't really a thing) over trading post and they both work the same. Moreover, orbital trading is much more expensive than tent, so choice is obvious.

That's all. I hope you read this :P

Also I have a request: could you change disassembling mechanoids recipe to grant more electronic chips and steel/plasteel parts, spare parts instead just steel and plasteel? Possibly the more of it the more experienced dissasembler is.

Do you plan to add more mechanoids mod and rimsenal (tuned by rimfire overhaul I guess) to the mod pack? Rimsenal adds great stuff, it just could be tweaked so everything regarding that fractions is much more rare so it will make its items more exclusive.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Supes

is the modpack using the latest Autosell (1.0.2.3b hotfixed)

if you're getting a 1.0.1.1 version error, most likely you need to update the Miscellaneous compatibility patch to the latest compatibility patch

also can you show me what error messages are showing up

Edit: Added Misc compatibility patch to attachments

[attachment deleted due to age]

prassel

Uglyr

Any tips on floors? I want to build best (fastest) floor, but don't know what floor is best and what I need to reserach.
Where can I find floors movement speed modifier? I browsed their definitions but found nothing.

Also problem with research. I found ancient struture with stone slabs 144% - the best I'm aware of. But I have no recipe for that. Found FloorStoneSlabsLimestone def. I see there <ResearchPrerequisite>Stonecutting</ResearchPrerequisite>. "Stonecutting" is "Construction I" as I see in defs. But I already researched "Construction I" and still no recipe for that.

Red Perversion

Quote from: Red Perversion on August 18, 2015, 05:33:57 AM

Obviously I already have researched them, otherwise I would not see them. Going into Architect only lets me build turrets from "packages", but I do not know where to assemble those. No explanation whatsoever in the techs.

I still need help with where to build the MANNED turrets, please!

zenfur

Quote from: Uglyr on August 18, 2015, 05:21:46 PM
Any tips on floors? I want to build best (fastest) floor, but don't know what floor is best and what I need to reserach.
Where can I find floors movement speed modifier? I browsed their definitions but found nothing.

Also problem with research. I found ancient struture with stone slabs 144% - the best I'm aware of. But I have no recipe for that. Found FloorStoneSlabsLimestone def. I see there <ResearchPrerequisite>Stonecutting</ResearchPrerequisite>. "Stonecutting" is "Construction I" as I see in defs. But I already researched "Construction I" and still no recipe for that.

Trials and errors have shown that carpets are the best floor. They are the most beautiful and offer 144% as well. Also they are the cheapest, as you can buy cloth at textile/bulk resources trader for around 1$ a piece. Both concrete and steel bars are needed for numerous recipes, especially early game, so using them for floors would be such a waste.

Quote from: Red Perversion on August 18, 2015, 05:28:12 PM
I still need help with where to build the MANNED turrets, please!

They are in security tab with M letter. The research path for them is Security: path. Probably they are as early as in battle platforms.

I agree that all research is very obscure and should get upgrade in both in-game view and description.

BTW, skyarkh, SAR-Device recipes are using steel/plasteel ores instead bars. Is it intended? Could you upgrade the recipes to use bars?

(Oh, and upgrade force net to use bars too)

Do you know where can I craft scyther frame?

Cheers, zenfur
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Uglyr

Quote from: zenfur on August 18, 2015, 06:35:08 PM
Trials and errors have shown that carpets are the best floor. They are the most beautiful and offer 144% as well. Also they are the cheapest, as you can buy cloth at textile/bulk resources trader for around 1$ a piece. Both concrete and steel bars are needed for numerous recipes, especially early game, so using them for floors would be such a waste.
I agree about concrete, but I had to wait long before textile trader came (is it bad RND or luck having 2 combat suppliers at a time?). And I need cloth to make best beds - it's more important than floor. At the same time I had lots of stones and chunks (which need to be transported away or turned into blocks which also need space) so I'd prefer to build with them.

losinator501

Hey, I really enjoy playing this modpack, I think it makes it a lot harder and I'm having a lot of fun playing over and over trying to succeed.

One thing I've noticed is there's no playthroughs of it on YouTube except for Russian ones, so I started one since when I first came across the mod I had no clue what it was and was skeptical. So it would probably be useful to have screenshots or a video of some sort in the original post to show what it is like Ultimate Overhaul has. I'd love to offer mine, let me know if you want to see it.

Otherwise, great work on the modpack. Really enjoying playing it. Ran into some bugs with growing in 11b but all fixed now.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: zenfur on August 18, 2015, 06:35:08 PM
They are in security tab with M letter. The research path for them is Security: path. Probably they are as early as in battle platforms.

I agree that all research is very obscure and should get upgrade in both in-game view and description.

BTW, skyarkh, SAR-Device recipes are using steel/plasteel ores instead bars. Is it intended? Could you upgrade the recipes to use bars?

(Oh, and upgrade force net to use bars too)

Do you know where can I craft scyther frame?

Cheers, zenfur

I have ideas in near future to rework Apparello with introduction 4-5 new factions. So all recipes for armors would be reworked.

Quote from: losinator501 on August 18, 2015, 09:29:27 PM
Hey, I really enjoy playing this modpack, I think it makes it a lot harder and I'm having a lot of fun playing over and over trying to succeed.

One thing I've noticed is there's no playthroughs of it on YouTube except for Russian ones, so I started one since when I first came across the mod I had no clue what it was and was skeptical. So it would probably be useful to have screenshots or a video of some sort in the original post to show what it is like Ultimate Overhaul has. I'd love to offer mine, let me know if you want to see it.

Otherwise, great work on the modpack. Really enjoying playing it. Ran into some bugs with growing in 11b but all fixed now.

Thank you. I will add information about you. Yep, in Russian community project have already 3 youtube let's players and streamers and their number is growing... It's time to start with the English-speaking and not only. You can wait for the next version, it such soon. Thank you :)

Quote from: Uglyr on August 18, 2015, 07:07:38 PM

I can post changelog for 1.12, but in Russian (what is already done). Can you help me to translate into english? Because the translation is time-consuming that i would have to spend for work. There are about 60 lines.

with 1.12 Hardcore SK reached a new level and have own .dll libraries and a little team. Now it's positioning itself as a global project. Kindergarten ended  ;)