[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

The13thRonin

Is anyone else getting really low raids?

Playing Randy Random at Rough difficulty... Only had maybe 2 raids in 70-80 days?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: popster99 on August 22, 2015, 01:00:20 AM
Skyarkhangel can update the mods or wait for Ninefinger to update the mods that don't get updated because he did that last alpha

Yes... but many mods have DLLs + don't release its source code... so you'd basically be rewriting whole mods...

The13thRonin

I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring about the tools mod being a bit on the annoying side.

I like what you've done with copper and the larger quantities of parts being produced.

Some resources still need balancing... Glass frames for example require ridiculous amounts of sand. A batch of 5 glass costs 25 sand and 8 batches of glass makes 2 frames so:

10 glass frames requires 40 glass batches which requires 200 sand.

A single solar panel requires 60 glass frames or 1200 sand... I think this is probably a little bit too much...

If it were me I'd half this by increasing glass frame production to 4 per 'job' so that a solar panel required 600 sand (it works out to be half of your return on glass batches too which is a nice even figure).

Steel production is feeling like its reached a good balance though.

zenfur

Could we reduce slowing factor on A2B components? For something closer to moving through furniture. It's really a pain when your builders freeze for ages to repair some element deep inside
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

isistoy

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 22, 2015, 01:17:50 AM
Yes... but many mods have DLLs + don't release its source code... so you'd basically be rewriting whole mods...

Not necessarily rewriting them, but it may take some time to get sources extracted back, compiling and working in a newer solution, particularly when you get iterators IL code to write back to clean, working c#.
It also depends on migration scenarios: for some mods, it's tough work (things changed in vanilla code since last mod working alpha), for others it can be straightforward.
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

mickey

hi thanks you i use the windows install and this work ^^ ( alpha 11 ) you are test on alpha 12 ? :p thanks

bobisback

For some reason I cannot place the plasma geothermal power plant? It keeps saying "space already occupied." But if I place the normal one it places fine? Is there something I am missing with it?

Thanks,
Bob

P.S how do you use multch? I still have not figured it out.

zenfur

Quote from: bobisback on August 22, 2015, 09:42:52 AM
For some reason I cannot place the plasma geothermal power plant? It keeps saying "space already occupied." But if I place the normal one it places fine? Is there something I am missing with it?

Thanks,
Bob

P.S how do you use multch? I still have not figured it out.

I guess it's a bug with geo, I can't place it either (a11, modpack version c.).

Mulch: enrichen soil (ground) to make plants grow faster or after researching hydroponics - they need mulch in recipe.

notfood

We could use some iron bars and iron parts for simple things that don't require the strength/durability of steel. Makes me wary to spend hard earned steel on simple furniture things, they don't offer other options like plasteel or the rest.

Copper is a really show stopper in early game. I had an embark where I couldn't find any wherever I was mining. Couldn't trade because no beacon, couldn't do anything. Perhaps copper wires could be removed from trade beacon and put something else that is more available.

The13thRonin

Quote from: notfood on August 22, 2015, 01:06:10 PM
We could use some iron bars and iron parts for simple things that don't require the strength/durability of steel. Makes me wary to spend hard earned steel on simple furniture things, they don't offer other options like plasteel or the rest.

Copper is a really show stopper in early game. I had an embark where I couldn't find any wherever I was mining. Couldn't trade because no beacon, couldn't do anything. Perhaps copper wires could be removed from trade beacon and put something else that is more available.

That or copper should be spread around the map upon spawn such as steel so you always have at least a little bit... Same as steel.

zenfur

Marine pants are worn in the same slot as holstered chaps... which is kinda weird, don't you think?

donoya

Out of curiosity, how easy is it to update mods from alpha 11 to alpha 12? Judging from the speed at which some of these mods have updated, I would imagine it's really easy. Also, is it allowed for someone like yourself to make an updated version of the mods just for your modpack? And finally, I know alpha 12 just came out about a day or two ago, but I would appreciate it if you could make a frequently updated way to see what progress is being made with regards to updates, bug fixes and original content. It could be a web of projects with indicators telling what stage that project is in (idea, working on, finished, or postponed), or it could be a changelog that lists progress on the next pack version(s) as well as what was worked on in previous versions. I just want something to tell me how soon the next update will be and what to expect with it.

The13thRonin

Anyone know how to use the auto-seller? What's the mod do?

I don't want to put trade beacons all over my base but I hate manually assigning goods to be hauled to the outside beacon.

zenfur

Well in "Overview" you have auto-seller tab where you can set rules on what to sell. Auto-sell button is only at ship traders. I've put trading tents all over stockpiles with resources I wanted to trade with. This whole "must not be under the roof" thing doesn't work, so don't worry about this.

Yeah, making pawns haul things you want to trade with manually is crappy solution. They don't have enough time for hauling all stuff anyways.

Also notice auto seller options in that tab, for example I didn't want to auto quit with auto sell in order to control how much silver I get/what I sell.

iiSpeedy