[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Uglyr

About differences. Maybe this comparsion of modconfig can be helpful. Sure it's not 100% correct as some mods could be reshuffled, but for example I couldn't find bulk food maker in the 2.0a.

[attachment deleted due to age]

notfood

Quote from: halcyforn on August 27, 2015, 04:38:50 PM
i find small problem in this last version what make game unplayable in frozen climate, can you change campfire to use logs. in climate when the highest temperature is - 20 its imposible to get anything my people die until i build something.

I started in -40C. Best way to survive is just to find the closest natural building, deconstruct a wall to make an entrance, haul your wood, medicine and some food inside, and lock yourself inside with wooden log walls  until you have your hand sawmill. Make some kindling, make the campfire. Afterwards, play with restriction zones and deconstructing the wooden log wall avoiding frostbite. Haul some stone chunks, haul some slag if there is any and get yourself started.

If you start with prepare carefully, just bring a couple of spare parts to place a door between the outside, you and your mine.

I had the tools for jobs removed, I suppose it's just a matter of equipping a hammer before holeing yourself up.

It takes them some time to get frostbite anyway.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Uglyr on August 27, 2015, 04:50:17 PM
About differences. Maybe this comparsion of modconfig can be helpful. Sure it's not 100% correct as some mods could be reshuffled, but for example I couldn't find bulk food maker in the 2.0a.

All mods that included, in first post. Yep, bulk food not updated yet. No source.

Uglyr

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 27, 2015, 05:00:20 PM
Quote from: Uglyr on August 27, 2015, 04:50:17 PM

All mods that included, in first post. Yep, bulk food not updated yet. No source.
Hmm... I'm far from modding Rimworld, but what's the big difference between bulkfood and any other food making? Buildings and recipies are looks like in xml files. The only dll is BeanTekAlert_NeedMealSource.dll and it's name say it's just alert, so can be removed.

skyarkhangel

Soon will be added stone furnace in the start of the game. Previous one, not worked correctly. But Isistoy help with it. He create new "CompHeatPusherFeed" thingclass

Alex.QTK

First of all, you have done an amazing job with this mod pack Sky, it's easily my favorite mod compilation. Aside from the usual "Why is mod xyz not in the new update!?", there are a couple of things that are pretty weird. For instance, the new research tree, specifically the new 3 research projects ("Air circulation", "Temperature control" and "Gun turret cooling") that are available from the start really make no sense whatsoever. They don't unlock any new research and I don't see the reason for which they are available from the start.

Also, can I have your permission to modify some of the tooltips/descriptions so that they provide more relevant information? For example, information about the research projects that are unlocked if you research that specific project or how much power a specific plant generates, how much fuel it needs and so on.  Double also, where is the battery texture stored? Thanks in advance. :D

Nanako

I think the lategame comes down to too much grinding for several specific items:

Electronic Chips
Synthetic Materials
Steel Parts

These are too slow to make, but required in too high quantity, and it really drags things down. In my last game i ended up making a huge fortune from years upon years of raiders before i really felt i was at the endgame.

I really would like to see the required number of synthetic materials reduced a bit, and microchips made easier to craft (less sand and metal please!)

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Alex.QTK on August 27, 2015, 06:19:20 PM
First of all, you have done an amazing job with this mod pack Sky, it's easily my favorite mod compilation. Aside from the usual "Why is mod xyz not in the new update!?", there are a couple of things that are pretty weird. For instance, the new research tree, specifically the new 3 research projects ("Air circulation", "Temperature control" and "Gun turret cooling") that are available from the start really make no sense whatsoever. They don't unlock any new research and I don't see the reason for which they are available from the start.

Also, can I have your permission to modify some of the tooltips/descriptions so that they provide more relevant information? For example, information about the research projects that are unlocked if you research that specific project or how much power a specific plant generates, how much fuel it needs and so on.  Double also, where is the battery texture stored? Thanks in advance. :D

Thank you. It's very difficult to balance such a huge content, but it seems we are on the right track. Of course, send me tooltips/descriptions, will be very grateful. With the translation of the Russian version works even a few people!  Battery uses vanilla texture, so just does not get it  :D

RemingtonRyder

I gave the modpack a go tonight and I have to say, there's a fantastic amount of content in there. Lots of crafting stages, but I was eventually able to figure out how to get a colony fitted out with doors and steel beds. :) Plus, has to be said, a lot of improved textures. Much kudos to the artists out there.

Alex.QTK

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 27, 2015, 08:04:39 PM
Battery uses vanilla texture, so just does not get it  :D

Hmm, after I apply the mod pack, the batteries just look like plain gray rectangles. Is it a bug? :(

Nanako

So i'm playing the new version. It seems that the Night Owl trait is completely broken. It doesn't give any bonus at night, or any penalty during the day. doesn't do anything.

My colony is in the middle of a desert. How do i pick up sand off the ground for using?

Also, you should really update the tutorial messages to be more helpful. Like the one that says "Pirate raids will start soon, build some turrets". i'm not sure what we're supposed to do in the earlygame for defenses but turrets aren't it.

and i see you've added sex. How do i make that happen. i set people to do it and they don't seem to do anything. dpo i need to research double beds or something?

bobisback

Quote from: Nanako on August 27, 2015, 07:44:05 PM
I think the lategame comes down to too much grinding for several specific items:

Electronic Chips
Synthetic Materials
Steel Parts

These are too slow to make, but required in too high quantity, and it really drags things down. In my last game i ended up making a huge fortune from years upon years of raiders before i really felt i was at the endgame.

I really would like to see the required number of synthetic materials reduced a bit, and microchips made easier to craft (less sand and metal please!)

Ya I agree I ended up having to mod this to get it to fit better with my play style. It was taking so long to build things in really bogged the game down.

Nanako

what did you do, and how?

maybe you could share some of those changes?

Alex.QTK

Ok guys, to fix the battery texture issue that I posted earlier you will need to edit Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Power.xml. Specifically, search for the battery definition and change <drawSize>(1,2)</drawSize> to <drawSize>(2,3)</drawSize>

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

Thanks Alex.  Havent tested, but hope that works.

Skyhark, Although both "cats" and "more factions" seem to work okay when added, could you add them to the next sk release?  and may I request pre-transcendant and jaffa factions?  The jaffa patch only seems to add scout armor outfit and hat, could maybe add staff weapons... or am I not seeing it there?