Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perso

hey, in my opinion could be nice to change the color of the animal`s names,to be the same color may cause confusions in gameplay.

<3

Wex

Algae on the shores. To harvest for food.  :)
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Alistaire

Please fix baseBodySize:

Deer: 1.9
Human: 1.0 (alright so humans are bodySize 1)
Alpaca: 1.0 (.. and so are the clearly larger alpacas)
Warg: 1.0 (.. and so are the clearly smaller wargs)
Husky: 1.0 (.. and so are DOGS?)
LabradorRetriever: 1.0 (.. WHAT THE HELL?)
Pig: 0.8
WildBoar: 0.7
Monkey: 0.35
BoomRat: 0.2 (yea sure 5 squirrels fit in a human)
MegaScarab: 0.2 ("its size and hard shell make it dangerous when it attacks")

cunemous

When you start working on relationships and children (i assume you already plan to put those in..) can you put in a system where experiences influence the characteristics of a child/person? So, say a family member gets killed by a bandit raid, would it make a child get a background as frightened child or make it a psychopath? It would definitely be interesting to give some bonus points when a family member or love talks to the person, or extra minus points when he/she dies. I would love to see people getting the trait "nudist" because their clothes were on fire once!

zappy

Quote from: cunemous on August 26, 2015, 06:58:52 PM
When you start working on relationships and children (i assume you already plan to put those in..) can you put in a system where experiences influence the characteristics of a child/person? So, say a family member gets killed by a bandit raid, would it make a child get a background as frightened child or make it a psychopath? It would definitely be interesting to give some bonus points when a family member or love talks to the person, or extra minus points when he/she dies. I would love to see people getting the trait "nudist" because their clothes were on fire once!

Somehow this does ot feel cheap to me ....

On topic: make psyhopaths actually enjoy slaughter, so it will be their 'joy' pasttime. Makes no sence when bloodthirsty, or cannibal nejoys building a snowman, and no joy from eating human flesh, f.e.

kingtyris

Frozen eggs should remain edible but be rendered inert and should no longer be able to hatch. I was a bit surprised when my eggs in the freezer hatched into baby tortoises.

Songleaves

I think an additional "Power use level" to heater and cooled of "none" should be added when no energy is being used. I was a bit scared that even after I turned my heaters off they were still running because their lowest level is "low".

b0rsuk

Quote from: zappy on August 27, 2015, 06:47:00 AM
On topic: make psyhopaths actually enjoy slaughter, so it will be their 'joy' pasttime. Makes no sence when bloodthirsty, or cannibal nejoys building a snowman, and no joy from eating human flesh, f.e.
But psychopaths don't enjoy slaughter. They just don't care about suffering of others. They're ruthless and manipulative, they don't feel many emotions, but they perceive them in others and like to pretend and use others for their profit. Psychopats aren't sadists.

Many CEOs are psychopaths. They don't murder people. They just squeeze them and ruin lives, make people burn out. Bill Gates sounds like one (his business tactics).

zappy

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 28, 2015, 04:56:42 AM
Quote from: zappy on August 27, 2015, 06:47:00 AM
But psychopaths don't enjoy slaughter. They just don't care about suffering of others. They're ruthless and manipulative, they don't feel many emotions, but they perceive them in others and like to pretend and use others for their profit. Psychopats aren't sadists.

Many CEOs are psychopaths. They don't murder people. They just squeeze them and ruin lives, make people burn out. Bill Gates sounds like one (his business tactics).
And you cant deny the fact that he nejoys it. Being all-powerful and wealthy, theres good feeling and joy in that.

And what about cannibals and their 'special' tenorman chili? Surely they get the joy out of that, cause you know, it's a bit tabbo, but still, they can savour it.

re1wind

cannibalism is simply the act of eating flesh of your same kind. the connotation that it also implies a barbaric, tribal, and bloody nature is a separate entity.

A person forced to resort to cannibalism to survive can't be compared to another person that, aside from eating the flesh of their victims, also enjoys torturing them.

Ergo, the cannibalism trait is misleading, but only because the pop-culture interpretation of cannibalism also implies enjoyment.  A pawn in rimworld that ate a human burger and got the negative thought is technically still a cannibal. a pawn that doesn't know he's eating a meal made with human flesh is also a cannibal. what kind of society/culture they came from will ultimately define how they react. Adding that kind of depth to rimworld is almost certainly not high on the priority list if it exists at all.

-----------------------

Various traits:

Vegetarian: Gains a minor +thought when eating raw non-meat food & non-meat simple meals. Gets very upset when eating anything with meat in it, neutral stance on rations. will eat lavish and fine meals as a 2nd-last resort. will eat meat as a last resort. 

Meat Eater: Gains +thoughts when eating food with meat in it. gains -thoughts when eating meals without meat in them. Eating raw meat has a reduced negative effect.

Asthmatic: dislikes dirt, loves cleanness. Looses breathing effectiveness after walking for a while, requiring regular rests. can get an asthma attack which can be alleviated with medicine.

LouisTBR

Strong Walls: A wall type that is 50% more durable than a regular wall. Requires plasteel to build.
Crossbow: A bow and arrow, but faster and more powerful. Short range and expensive.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Jamini

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on August 28, 2015, 01:09:07 PM
Strong Walls: A wall type that is 50% more durable than a regular wall. Requires plasteel to build.

Just build a stone or plastisteel wall?

king komodo

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on August 28, 2015, 01:09:07 PM
Crossbow: A bow and arrow, but faster and more powerful. Short range and expensive.

I wouldn't say faster, as one can draw and fire an arrow much faster than they can cock a crossbow. As for more powerful I can agree since the pope did at one point ban them from military use.

akiceabear

A new button in the work tab to reset all enabled manual priorities to the default number. Re-customizing priorities (but still keeping the same ones enabled) can be a real hassle in the current system. A single button to put them all back at 3 would greatly help.

zappy

Quote from: re1wind on August 28, 2015, 10:17:17 AM
cannibalism is simply the act of eating flesh of your same kind. the connotation that it also implies a barbaric, tribal, and bloody nature is a separate entity.

A person forced to resort to cannibalism to survive can't be compared to another person that, aside from eating the flesh of their victims, also enjoys torturing them.

Ergo, the cannibalism trait is misleading, but only because the pop-culture interpretation of cannibalism also implies enjoyment. 

Just read the cannibal description. It actually states that 'cannibal' person nejoyed that meal.

Also, i was always wondering-how them pawns understand that they actually ate a human burger? I mean, in prepared meal it's quite hard to distinguish it, especially if the ccok is good and uses spices and all that stuff.