[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: rdz1122 on September 09, 2015, 04:34:02 PM
Used this mod in various releases for quite some time.  I have a couple of challenges using it with A12d:
- I can buy Robots from Robot Trader (Hauling bot and Cleaning bot), I can "install" them to a location, but I can't start them (B or Play button); not sure if there is an additional requirement that wasn't present previously, but any help I would appreciate.
- I can build MAI, and she runs for a bit, but ultimately self destructs, every time.  I build the Assembly, bed and add-on for her recharge station/bed, but she doesn't use it (even when I "assign" it to her), and she destructs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; this is one of the more creative and useful mods.

For your first problem: Do you use the latest build? I had a build where there was a start problem, I think, but the latest one shouldn't have these problems anymore.
The second problem: MAI needs a recharge station. For how it looks, take a look on the first page. The recharge station is in the first picture on the left side (plus the nanite assembler that Ectoplasm mentioned, but that is only needed if you want MAI to repair lost/destroyed limbs)

Temeez

It would be really awesome if there was a custom zone or a building (which the player can place) for visiting traders. If non exists, then do as now.

forsaken1111

Quote from: Temeez on September 10, 2015, 11:18:29 AM
It would be really awesome if there was a custom zone or a building (which the player can place) for visiting traders. If non exists, then do as now.
I was just thinking the other day how it would be nice to be able to flag a zone as intended for guests, so I could build a nice roadhouse for guests with a little food/beer supply for them to use

rdz1122

Quote from: Haplo on September 10, 2015, 10:22:40 AM
Quote from: rdz1122 on September 09, 2015, 04:34:02 PM
Used this mod in various releases for quite some time.  I have a couple of challenges using it with A12d:
- I can buy Robots from Robot Trader (Hauling bot and Cleaning bot), I can "install" them to a location, but I can't start them (B or Play button); not sure if there is an additional requirement that wasn't present previously, but any help I would appreciate.
- I can build MAI, and she runs for a bit, but ultimately self destructs, every time.  I build the Assembly, bed and add-on for her recharge station/bed, but she doesn't use it (even when I "assign" it to her), and she destructs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; this is one of the more creative and useful mods.

For your first problem: Do you use the latest build? I had a build where there was a start problem, I think, but the latest one shouldn't have these problems anymore.
The second problem: MAI needs a recharge station. For how it looks, take a look on the first page. The recharge station is in the first picture on the left side (plus the nanite assembler that Ectoplasm mentioned, but that is only needed if you want MAI to repair lost/destroyed limbs)
I try to remember to check to see what your latest releases are, and if I use one, create a new world just in case.  The one I have been using is MAI 1.12.1B; I'll try the latest one and see what happens. 

I do have a recharge station for sure; I have to watch it to make sure a colonist doesn't claim it as a bed though.

Ectoplasm

Regarding the hauling and cleaning bots you buy from traders; there's some odd behavior going on with the activate / deactivate button. If the bot is in the charger the button will show as activate (even though it already is / I activated it before - it's just recharging) Then once it charges and leaves the station the button changes to deactivate automatically. This seems to be causing trouble when raids happen as I am turning off or on bots unintentionally, thinking that I have recalled them when in fact I've not, could this be related to the game state being paused when I try to recall them? Raid starts - hit pause to recall the bots as step 1.. Because the bots most definitely are wondering about even though I've hit deactivate.

Could a third state be added 'recharging' to more clearly specify its state? Would love to have MAI and the mini bots tied in to the tactical computer so they could be forced to recharge or sleep should I choose when a raid starts or if I recall any pawns through the computer!

Ectoplasm

Think I've figured out the odd behavior of the bots, if you hit deactivate whilst the bots are recharging, they wont stay deactivated and will head off to work once full charged. They only seem to stay turned off if they are actually out working at the time you hit deactivate.

macrosblackd

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the Android trait doesn't give the permanent +100 mood.

Minnigin

Quote from: macrosblackd on September 12, 2015, 08:07:54 PM
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the Android trait doesn't give the permanent +100 mood.

ya it does, just doesnt kick in right away or might have some other way its activated but it works eventually

macrosblackd

Quote from: Minnigin on September 12, 2015, 08:10:52 PM
Quote from: macrosblackd on September 12, 2015, 08:07:54 PM

ya it does, just doesnt kick in right away or might have some other way its activated but it works eventually

It doesn't. I just tested a theory I had and it seems the root element name needs to be changed from ThoughDefs to just Defs. Once I did that the Thought showed up in game.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: TheGentlmen on September 13, 2015, 09:46:26 PM
Using: Ultimate Overhaul Modpack V1.0131
Patches: GlitterTech
             Rimsenal
             Tools for hual.
Extra Mods:TuffLuck (Increases raid size and adds new storyteller, shouldn't affect this bug)

Bug:
The android trait does not give +100 moodboost

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B20MnOEi81xJZVhYQ3dCbm04dnM
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B20MnOEi81xJdnNrQ0MzWDNfTXM

I'm not sure but I believe its cuased by your mod, not the the modpack... if it is, hopefully you fix the bug... its annoying me... 

Haplo

Ok, I've updated it:
- The robots and Mai now gets the android thought
- Now the deactivate button is always visible once a robot is launched from the recharge station

Ectoplasm

Sadly a bug's been introduced in the last build, when you activate a MAI (not build one, but add a bill to turn it on) The automatic AI assembly table itself vanishes, pops out of existence, happened on the last 2 MAI's!

Ptolisgoodguy

I seem to be having trouble with the bots. They do not seem to be activating when I try and activate them. If someone could either explain the problem or direct me to a post that does I would be very grateful. ;D
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on September 15, 2015, 06:03:12 AM
I seem to be having trouble with the bots. They do not seem to be activating when I try and activate them. If someone could either explain the problem or direct me to a post that does I would be very grateful. ;D

The 2 bot types you by from vendors just need to be installed then you hit the activate button. The MAI robot needs to be crafted first of all at the AI assembly table, then you select the robot (by the table once it's been built) And add a bill to activate it. Make sure you have a recharge station installed before you activate a MAI robot or it will self destruct when out of power.

I've had a table disappearing bug since last release, be interesting to hear if your AI assembly table disappears when you activate a MAI.

Ectoplasm

I just started a new colony, with latest build, and this vanishing AI assembly table hasn't reared its head again. Odd.