What would you like to see next alpha?

Started by Mrred1, September 27, 2015, 08:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owlchemist

If there will be reproduction, I wonder if there will be some sci-fi magic to speed things along. 18 years + pregnancy is a long time to wait for new adults. I mean I think my oldest colony I ever had was only 4 or 5 years.

*pauses to think*

On the other hand, who cares about being 18? In pioneer days, children had to help out too. So, certain tasks could unlock as they age. Start with cleaning, then farm work, then cooking. By the time they're a teenager, they could begin an apprenticeship with a skilled trade, like crafting... or hunting with the old man ;)

FridayBiology

- Animal diseases, maybe Myxomatosis and other fun stuff to restrict breeding.
- Assistance equipment slot for colonists, walking stick, torches, fire brand, backpack or sling
- Additional cooking options
- Additional Traits from trait suggestion thread
- Grass only option for growing zone
- rotten only option for dumping zone
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

keylocke

game desperately needs more fluid RTS controls like : assign squads, squad hotkeys, easy group attack on same target (give warning if target is not within range of all group members), squad formations and auto-sort based on range (ie : brawlers up front, then midrange in middle row, snipers at the back)

JimmyAgnt007

id like pawns to grab some cover if its nearby.  on both sides of the fight.  say they start shooting near some rocks.  they dive behind one and then start shooting.  obviously there would be a limit to how far they go but it would be neat.

TheDirge

Cataphract

Expanded relationships between settlements (trading at the very least) and individual colonists (dunno about making babies but friendship, enmity and romance would be a great start) is definitely high on my wish list. Ditto on expanded bionics, treating scars and other age-related ills.

More weapons and gizmos for our colonists to mess around with would be great too!

keylocke

Lord Fappington

What rimworld desperately needs more than any
More content is efficient ui and overall reduction in micromanagement.

The micromanagement growth in the last two alphas has grown so exponentially I've really been turned off and haven't played nor continued my modding work.

Ironically enough, my mod, the romance mod introduced the ability to reproduce and relationship oriented traits.  My next step was to make dynamic relationships and children spawn.

Please address the ever growing micro crush, it's killing my game experience.  Take starting a colony, or producing obtaining new items?  How many filters do I need to fiddle with or else you got a guy with no ac and worn socks going berserk!

NuclearStudent

Maybe for A14, not A13, but-

I'd like to see the trade ship system rehauled, and replaced with traders from the factions around you. Space travel is canonically difficult. The fleets of automated trading drones sending orbital drop pods to everyone with a radio doesn't satisfy me.

There is already a mod that makes travelers come, set up traveller's tents, and offer to trade. The radio could request that a trader group come along, and then we go up to the trader's tent to talk.

We'd only be able to request a trader come along every so often. The faction would be pissed off if any of their traders die, and we could check a box off in the comns console to tell the faction to send no traders.

It would be an incentive to keep good relations with the factions. The more friendly factions, the more opportunities to trade. If each individual kind of faction has different kinds of trading opportunities (eg. outlanders are more likely to trade weapons, tribals are more likely to want exotic textiles) then that would boost that incentive even more.

Just replace the orbital drop pod with the texture of a wooden crate, and it'd probably work fine.

Mrred1

I like all the suggestions. I agree micromanaging is way to prominent. I think there needs to be more big picture type of additions, like totally new game mechanics.
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

BetaSpectre

Asking for help will receive help equal or greater then the threat.
Faction relation now comes from long standing relationships instead of silver gifts.
Local Trade/Healing/Helping/Hospitality.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Cataphract

Another one I saw of the other day was the ability to tend to one's own wounds. I find it really jarring that my master-class doctor needs someone else to bandage a cut for them. Of course there has to be a limit to what one can do; it would be interesting if there was a threshold for that sort of thing depending on the traits of the colonist. Think of all those movies where a character has to, say, remove a bullet from their arm or leg or whatever and manage to patch themselves up, albeit after excruciating pain.

Hey, maybe Masochists could be great at that sort of thing! :P

FridayBiology

Quote from: Cataphract on October 05, 2015, 01:55:19 AM
Another one I saw of the other day was the ability to tend to one's own wounds. I find it really jarring that my master-class doctor needs someone else to bandage a cut for them. Of course there has to be a limit to what one can do; it would be interesting if there was a threshold for that sort of thing depending on the traits of the colonist. Think of all those movies where a character has to, say, remove a bullet from their arm or leg or whatever and manage to patch themselves up, albeit after excruciating pain.

Hey, maybe Masochists could be great at that sort of thing! :P

That would be cool, maybe operations/aid that doesn't require anesthetic could be self done?

+1 for Masochists, though maybe also allow the ability to cause self harm during a mental break aswell?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology