[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

kobar

Hague

I have around 10 colonists and two dogs. I'm playing on a larger than default map and I'm getting huge lag spikes. I'm using the latest released version of the modpack. I have Harsher environments disabled, Do not Disturb enabled, Zombie Apocalypse disabled, and Skynet removed as well. It's clearly a pathing issue with pawns as when night time rolls around, the lag disappears. When I use the development tools and enable draw paths, the message box reads "PawnPathPool leak: More paths than pawns. Force Recovering" This leads me to believe that somewhere along the way there are too many paths that are being made at one time. Is it the animal hunting behavior that carnivores exhibit or do I just have too many tasks going on at once?

Joeofthefallen

So Smooth Walls is listed as an included mod, but I don't see it in the mod folder and have no option to smooth walls when ingame. Is the mod included in a bundle somewhere or was it omitted and the front page not updated?  the other mods by the same mod author seem to work fine, it's just this one that seems to be missing/not working for me.

Can anyone else confirm or deny that it's working for them?

gattazzo

Great mod pack!
I have a problem, not being able to build vents and small cooler, when i select them and try to put it on a wall or in an empty space, the icon is always red not permitting me to click.

nya

Quote from: Hague on October 10, 2015, 05:24:22 PM
I have around 10 colonists and two dogs. I'm playing on a larger than default map and I'm getting huge lag spikes. I'm using the latest released version of the modpack. I have Harsher environments disabled, Do not Disturb enabled, Zombie Apocalypse disabled, and Skynet removed as well. It's clearly a pathing issue with pawns as when night time rolls around, the lag disappears. When I use the development tools and enable draw paths, the message box reads "PawnPathPool leak: More paths than pawns. Force Recovering" This leads me to believe that somewhere along the way there are too many paths that are being made at one time. Is it the animal hunting behavior that carnivores exhibit or do I just have too many tasks going on at once?

Have this issue too, but at very small map - PawnPathPool leak: More paths than pawns. Force Recovering.
Freezing extremly.
And i have only 4 colonists on a very small map with 16 Gb RAM and i7 CPU + clear install RimWorld and right installed 2.2e.
This modpack seems completely broken and unplayable at this moment.

Rapthor

Hi i want to ask if there is a possibility to get research tree and material tier picture of the things in the mod?

blutsager

A few things that I wanted to add, that would be nice to have on this mod:

1- I found that you wrote a "production line" for this mod, sadly it is in russian and me, as many others, do not speak that language. Is there any chance you could translate it?. If you need help, I (and probably many other players who use your mod this days) would gladly help: I dont speak russian, but if I could get a text file with all the words, I could translate it simply by using google translate (and polishing some translations since google translator kinda sucks).

2- I found that most of the new stuff that this mods bring, doesnt have the option to "uninstall" them. I have built a lot of stuff in my colony, but I did it in a very un-organized way, and now I cant re-arrange them without having to completely deconstruct and rebuild everything, whcih would cost me A LOT of resources. It would be nice to be able to pack them and install them elsewhere, just like objects in vanilla Rimworld are.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: gattazzo on October 11, 2015, 04:44:21 AM
Great mod pack!
I have a problem, not being able to build vents and small cooler, when i select them and try to put it on a wall or in an empty space, the icon is always red not permitting me to click.

They have to be placed on built walls only. You cant attach them / put them through unmined walls.

OutrideGaming

It's glad to see you again skyarkh. This modpack is epic man! I have to admit it is definitely a lot of stuff on it. It's crazy but it's what makes it even more fun. Don't get me wrong, the core is alright, but this adds levels on top of levels of difficulty & in-depth.

Great modpack!
"I'm like the Boeing 757-223 from Angola"

I'm a rising youtuber and would love it if you could give me a chance!
Youtube: /Outridegaming
Twitter: @OutrideGaming (not very-well updated :p)

Currently looking for skilled graphics designers for a logo and/or intro for the youtube channel! :D Pm me

Hague

I love playing this modpack but the lag I'm currently experiencing is unbearable. I've been doing some further testing with the development tools in-game. When I remove all animals from the map with the No Animals toggle the lag disappears. This confirms that the lag people have been experiencing is related to a leak with animal AI. When the animals are all forced to rest at night, the lag disappears. I noticed a routine that checks for pawns nearby. Perhaps this is firing too quickly?

Sephyr

First time playing this modpack i started on a large map like always and experienced similar lag-issues after about an hour in.
What i noticed when turning on the drawpath option was a small cluster of animals (mosquitoes) entrapped in a hidden area on the edge of the map (destroying a single tile corridor resolved the whole issue). Maybe you're having a similar issue?
Make a copy of your save/world, open up dev mode and go ham with the "21x21 destroy tile" till the lag clears and try to remember the area you cleared.

It seems that the amount of animals that are active on a map (even the hidden ones) put quite some stress on the game. I noticed tarantulas "pinging" the map multiple times while switching targets all the way across the map.

As i mentioned it was my first time playing this pack, I have to mention that it might be nice to note in the initial info-screen that the spawned in starter-resources are quite essential to get started of (parts, steel part).
Since the the only way to make steel parts is with the Assembling workbench, which requires steel parts :)
I could be wrong, but i went through the XML's tracing ingredients needed to get started. So if i am and someone else has found another way, please do tell xD

One final note; the LT_Infusion used has an issue with the infusion bonusses not being calculated into the final calculated value (e.x. bonuses to movement, work, social, etc.)
It got fixed in LT_Infusion 31b.
Its a fix that is backwards compatible with saves/world with prior infusion versions the only downside being that any infused item would get reset (items on the ground re-roll and colonist get un-infused gear of what they were wearing).

InsanityMoose

Very nice collection of mods, but I seem to have a problem with conveyors. If the game is saved with uranium on a conveyor belt, it gets stuck after reloading. Looks like it's related to radiation damage checks.

Exception ticking A2BBelt2647709: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at SK_Radiation.ItemRAD.CheckDamageRange () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SK_Radiation.ItemRAD.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingContainer.ThingContainerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A2B.BeltItemContainer.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A2B.BeltComponent.DoBeltTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A2B.BeltComponent.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A2B.Building_ConveyorBelt.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

reaper0022

Vagabond

Hello,

Really fun mod. I just have a couple questions regarding some of the tools:

1) There is a Hammer, Hand axe, and Pick axe. They only do one damage; do they improve any skills while equipped?

2) Is there a plan to make them craftable from other materials, and viable for combat use?

3) There used to be Pneumatic Picks which seemed like something ripped from Red Faction. Were those from a mod that wasn't included? Futuristic, high impact tools would be cool for both improving gathering, as well as melee; anything that crushes a building, rock, or tree should be good enough for combat. :D

I think it'd be cool if they could be used as weapons, to add more variety to the selection of melee weapons; bad ass miners with hard hats and pick axes and all.

cheers,
Michael

Cheshire

I've been wondering if this is a good idea.

It's manhunter pack of 250-300 enraged mosquitos. Colony is fairly fresh bit above 200 days with 6 people on board. I can understand raptors or some other dangerous beasts. But this up there makes the cpu cry and I can imagine how much more of these little nasty beasties can people get on bigger colonies.