[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

The only thing I don't really have is ad blocker, I don't really know why I never got it. I have an AV program, MalwareBytes, and SpyBot among other things. I removed junkware when I got this thing but maybe having an actual tool to do it would be good.

Thank you guys for your advise  ;D

Cheers!

Ps: MediaFire is still annoying regardless

TLHeart

Had the tactical computer give me an anomaly adventure. Sent 3 colonists, and 2 days later they returned, and the returned message says they found a dusty room with.....

and they speak of pursuers.

No loot was listed, yet they brought back 2 stacks of gold and a rail gun, and of course the following raid...

Just a heads up the loot text did not work.

TheGentlmen

Hello,

Under Miscellaneous_Buildings_TacticalComputer.xml I found this:
<!-- <designationCategory>Misc</designationCategory>
<researchPrerequisite>ResearchTacticalComputer</researchPrerequisite> -->

Is teh computer sopoused to be disabled?

Edit: The research is also missing.

Haplo

Yes, that isn't a bug. The terminal isn't researchable anymore. Only buyable from a trader :)

LustrousWolf

Not sure if this is your mods fault, but when I went to this trader in the tent, they are selling thrumbos for under $1?
https://gyazo.com/e188b3e815b7ca90f6d846f69f27de14

Haplo

Nope, not my fault. I just use the existing traders, I don't do any calculations on my own :)
It looks like something changes the thrumbos so that the base price is really low. But it's definitely not a fault of my trader code :)

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Haplo on October 10, 2015, 05:41:52 AM
Nope, not my fault. I just use the existing traders, I don't do any calculations on my own :)
It looks like something changes the thrumbos so that the base price is really low. But it's definitely not a fault of my trader code :)

Ok, just checking cos it was from a trader in a tent xD I will have to see if a trader from the comms console is also selling the thrumbos for a very low price as well. Other than that I have no idea whats causing the error >_<

The Weapon Bases don't work with Combat Realism, right? Or is it just my game?
After (what I think it was, at least) the weapon ammo got empty, which in my case was an LMG, the weapon base just wouldn't shoot anymore. Oh, and can you make the base to be able to switch the weapon without having to deconstruct it? Thanks in advance, and awesome mod! Keep up the good work!

RadaRadaRada

Quote from: 530698 on October 15, 2015, 01:53:02 PM
The Weapon Bases don't work with Combat Realism, right? Or is it just my game?
After (what I think it was, at least) the weapon ammo got empty, which in my case was an LMG, the weapon base just wouldn't shoot anymore. Oh, and can you make the base to be able to switch the weapon without having to deconstruct it? Thanks in advance, and awesome mod! Keep up the good work!

To make the turrets work, you will have to disable CombatRealim's weapon reloading by editing XML files within the mod.

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 26, 2015, 08:21:40 AM

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on September 25, 2015, 08:25:58 AM
Is there a way to disable reloading? I'm not really fond of the feature to begin with and it seems to break for some guns, leaving the colonist stuck in a daze about the concept of reloading, which makes it impossible for me to move them at all afterwards.

You'd have to change the XML entries for all the guns to use Verb_ShootCR/Verb_ShootCRShotgun instead of Verb_ShootCRReload/Verb_ShootCRShotgunReload

Weapon definition entries can be found within CR's mod folder. Go to Defs/ThingDefs directory and open the Weapons_Guns.xml with notepad or similar program. Then replace all instances of:

Verb_ShootCRReload with Verb_ShootCR and
Verb_ShootCRShotgunReload with Verb_ShootCRShotgun.

To do so quickly and without much work, I used my Notepad++ to do that automatically for me. Just be careful not to accidentally edit .dll files, like I did the first time: it will break the mod. So, then selecting where to search for the definitions, make sure that the program will only search within files in Defs directory.

If you use other CombatRealism compatible weapon mods (for example, I use Rimsenal and Rimfire), you will need to do the same with their respective weapon definition files too.

Thanks for that! Even though I did really like the reload, I really wanted to use those turrets. One other thing, I am running GlimmerTech, and whenever I try to put the Inferno Cannon on the turret base, it just disappears. Is there any way to fix that?

RadaRadaRada

QuoteEven though I did really like the reload

CR developer said that, among other things, he is planning to make the turrets reload too. So, in future, it might be possible to make turret bases work with weapons using reload mechanics.

QuoteOne other thing, I am running GlimmerTech, and whenever I try to put the Inferno Cannon on the turret base, it just disappears. Is there any way to fix that?

No idea, realy.

Haplo

QuoteOne other thing, I am running GlimmerTech, and whenever I try to put the Inferno Cannon on the turret base, it just disappears. Is there any way to fix that?

I've looked into GlitterTech (I think you mean that?) and there is a specific line in the inferno cannon:
<destroyOnDrop>True</destroyOnDrop>
This means, that you normally shouldn't be able to obtain one, as it will be destroyed on drop.
The problem with the turret base is, that the colonists carry the weapon to the turret and drop it on it. A few ticks later the turret checks if there is something on it, but at that time the weapon is already destroyed.
Sorry, but there isn't anything that I can do about it for now. I'll change the haul job most likely sometimes, but until then I can only advice you against using that..

On second thought:
I've changed it so, that the selfdestroying weapons aren't even selectable anymore.
Just exchange the ./Assemblies/WeaponBase.dll with the one attached (and ziped) to this post and you'll never be able to select it again :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Quote from: Haplo on October 16, 2015, 12:57:36 PM
I've looked into GlitterTech (I think you mean that?) and there is a specific line in the inferno cannon:
<destroyOnDrop>True</destroyOnDrop>
This means, that you normally shouldn't be able to obtain one, as it will be destroyed on drop.
The problem with the turret base is, that the colonists carry the weapon to the turret and drop it on it. A few ticks later the turret checks if there is something on it, but at that time the weapon is already destroyed.
Sorry, but there isn't anything that I can do about it for now. I'll change the haul job most likely sometimes, but until then I can only advice you against using that..

On second thought:
I've changed it so, that the selfdestroying weapons aren't even selectable anymore.
Just exchange the ./Assemblies/WeaponBase.dll with the one attached (and ziped) to this post and you'll never be able to select it again :)

Ahh, alright. That's sad though, really did want to use that inferno cannon on the turret base. Thanks anyway!
Also, yeah, it's glittertech, my bad  :P

redgoatee

what am I missing here? I downloaded it brand new from the front page which I assume is the most updated version? and this is the error screen that I get..
http://imgur.com/MyyHBcs

redgoatee

Quote from: redgoatee on October 19, 2015, 02:47:50 PM
what am I missing here? I downloaded it brand new from the front page which I assume is the most updated version? and this is the error screen that I get..
http://imgur.com/MyyHBcs

Addendum to this.. when I downloaded it, and extracted it all, my anti-virus said that one of the .dll files was infected.