Stockpile Issues

Started by kdfsjljklgjfg, February 05, 2014, 07:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfsjljklgjfg

Am I the only one who feels that the stockpile system as-is is extremely inefficient?

This is especially frustrating with a launch pad, as there's no way to move things from one stockpile to another without changing priority then placing an order to haul those resources, then changing the priority lower so that they don't use the launch pad as your primary stockpile. I feel like it should be much easier to have resources go where you want them to go.

Thunder Rahja

You can reduce the size of the stockpile and have multiple stockpiles on one launchpad. It takes a little work, but it can be done.

Semmy

Also they will haul by itself.
Unless your haulers have other jobs prioritized.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Galileus

Launchpads don't really work as of now, that's true. There should at least be a system allowing for a certain "order" to be fulfilled and stocked up on the pad. For now, I'm actually using launchpads instead of stockpiles... it's just much easier and more time-efficient.

In perfect scenario, trading system would account for things you have on normal stockpiles, and upon trade, colonists would automatically get a high-priority order to get goods on the pad - and you would get your part only after they are finished.

Coenmcj

That would be good, We don't want to be micromanaging ALL the time do we, sometimes something that is simple works best.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Thunder Rahja

Quote from: Galileus on February 05, 2014, 08:39:07 PMIn perfect scenario, trading system would account for things you have on normal stockpiles, and upon trade, colonists would automatically get a high-priority order to get goods on the pad - and you would get your part only after they are finished.

This.

Jones-250

Quote from: Thunder1 on February 06, 2014, 01:43:38 AM
Quote from: Galileus on February 05, 2014, 08:39:07 PMIn perfect scenario, trading system would account for things you have on normal stockpiles, and upon trade, colonists would automatically get a high-priority order to get goods on the pad - and you would get your part only after they are finished.

This.
Yup, I´ve tought the same.
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

Teovald

I like the idea of stockpiles, but I feel that this needs to be only a very raw first implementation.
The launchpads in particular are a mess.  I should be able to sell things from any of my stockpiles, which are then moved to the launchpad by the colonists. Then, when the colony part of the transaction is complete, the merchant would send the goods to the beacon. 
Standard stockpiles themselves are also unwieldy. It is a chore to have to manage the goods they accept and tune their priority levels to achieve a half sane goods distribution.
As with the rest of the game, the base is here to build a really solid system, but it needs a lot of work.

ApexPredator

Quote from: Galileus on February 05, 2014, 08:39:07 PM

In perfect scenario, trading system would account for things you have on normal stockpiles, and upon trade, colonists would automatically get a high-priority order to get goods on the pad - and you would get your part only after they are finished.

Galileus has the right idea here.

Evul

I have this solution to my stockpile.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225173030

Launchpads for money weapons, food and iron.
One warehouse for food, iron, medicine.
And a storage in the mountain for more money. And one ammo storage.