[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Quote from: NemesisN on November 24, 2015, 07:28:55 PM
I am having a problem with the storage where it keeps recourses fresh.....wherever I place the storage either next to wall or where are there no walls around it my colony can't use it....when I try manually getting something from that storage it displays the option gray and message (no path)

Hmm, I'm not sure if you mean the NanoStorage.. How did you place it to no longer work? Do you have a screenshot maybe?

NemesisN

Quote from: Haplo on November 25, 2015, 05:15:56 PM
Quote from: NemesisN on November 24, 2015, 07:28:55 PM
I am having a problem with the storage where it keeps recourses fresh.....wherever I place the storage either next to wall or where are there no walls around it my colony can't use it....when I try manually getting something from that storage it displays the option gray and message (no path)

Hmm, I'm not sure if you mean the NanoStorage.. How did you place it to no longer work? Do you have a screenshot maybe?

Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

viktoria.s

Hi,

I got the following error message:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MapGenerator.Genstep_CreateBlueprintVillage.TryGetRotationFromBuildingData (MapGenerator.MapGeneratorBlueprintDef blueprint, Int32 itemPos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapGenerator.Genstep_CreateBlueprintVillage.MakeBlueprintRoom (CellRect mapRect, MapGenerator.MapGeneratorBlueprintDef blueprint, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapGenerator.Genstep_CreateBlueprintVillage.ScatterBlueprintAt (IntVec3 loc, MapGenerator.MapGeneratorBlueprintDef blueprint, Verse.ThingDef& wallStuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MapGenerator.Genstep_CreateBlueprintVillage.ScatterAt (IntVec3 loc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Genstep_Scatterer.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapGenerator.GenerateContentsIntoCurrentMap (Verse.MapGeneratorDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I am using the Miscellaneous VanillaEnhanced version of the mod. And I have noticed the rotationLegend in the tutorial xml file, but not in the actual supplied blueprints xml file. (The tutorial mentions that that data is optional though...)
Thank you for any help in advance.

Haplo

That looks like I have made an error with the rotation code..  :-[
I'm sorry, but it needs to wait until iI get back from work..

@NemesisN: which mod pack are you using? The normal NanoStorage doesn't look like that. That's why I am unsure if it actually is a NanoStorage or one of the other storages around here.. I've never had this problem with the normal NanoStorage...
Hmm, could it maybe something with the entry? Try to make the entry gap 3 wide instead of 1.
Or it could be something about the code from the storage. But I'm rather sure it isn't a NanoStorage you have there but one of the others.
Like this: Brunayla's Security Co
or maybe this: Containers For Stuff
What does the status window of it say, what is it's name? And from which ModPack is it? Maybe with this info we can find out, which one it really is..

Austintrollinski

Haplo

BugFix update:
Due to a small copy/paste error the blueprints of the MapGenerator could throw a NullRefException.
This should now be fixed, thanks to viktoria.s ;D

Quote from: Austintrollinski on November 27, 2015, 01:56:57 AM
cool mod  8)
Thank you :)

devilyn

i dunno if it has been mentioned, but once i built a few nanostorages, the game became a slideshow so i had to restrain myself from using it. it may be due to fact that my PC is an old piece of crap tho.

anyway i've got a suggestion that fresh built nanostorages had all resourses disabled, so that pawns didnt drag all kind of crap in it, if u overlook it.

PickleSurprise

What are the chances of researching an upgraded Nanoprinter(s) to create things above normal quality? For an appropriate price of course.

Grimandevil

Quote from: PickleSurprise on December 02, 2015, 07:02:24 PM
What are the chances of researching an upgraded Nanoprinter(s) to create things above normal quality? For an appropriate price of course.
maybe to include some rare metals in production.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Techgenius

I miss MD2droids as well :/
All these little robots/drones are very well welcome since this mod is the only one now we can get them, but I feel combat is being left out somewhat, MAI's are expensive, if you fancy synths, because I don't think MAI's are colonists, more like androids, without the human-like features. I think the Xpansion requires combat droids and medic droids, specially if you like playing a "Loner" type of game where you get only one colonist and he survives on his own with technology. I'd like as well that it allowed me to craft them myself, instead of just buying them from robot dealers, miner droids are also welcome, humanoid-like, but smaller and with flash-light hardhats, oh man, I wish I had better graphic design skills, I'd love to create prototypes :D

To play as a loner you must use a mod known as "Prepare carefully", it allows you to change a lot of features, add/remove start items, add more colonists or remove them, you can even edit the colonists, craft them to fit your playstyles.

Haplo

The Expansion is meant as a template for how to add a new robot.
If you want to add it to a crafting table,  you can do this by adding the recharge station to the recipe. At least iI think this will work.
As I don't have time to make any graphics for the robots and their recharge station, I made this template so others can make them if they want.

Grogfeld

Hey Haplo. I was thinking about few things related with your Miscellaneous mod and just got an idea for traders. It shouldn't be to hard to do because everything is actually provided in your mod. I was thinking about creating opportunity to call for traders. Here how it could be done:

1. Creating "Diplomat Pack" It's an item created maybe in sculpture, or other kind of workshop, with food (something that will give you Nutrition for 4 days), wood (for campfire), cotton or any textile (for sleeping bag) and/or silver (for paying for the visit).

2. After creating you can build it like an statue or other movable building.

3. Activating it (like in your Artifact) will pop up Rumor window to select pawn for expedition. Pawn will leave map for 4 days and after he returns he will bring a trader caravan.

The same thing could be used in communications console but there is no need to send pawn, and of course trader would come after few days.

What do you think? Is it worth to implement? Could you or anyone else do it?

I'm playing on ModVarietyPack and here like in other modpacks researching communication console have lower priority that's why i thought about "Diplomat Pack". I was thinking that this could be a good addition for land traders. This could also give opportunity to send Pawns as an actually diplomat to raise relations but one after another ;)

MrWashingToad

Haplo - is there an easy way to increase the land trader 'time on station' time, or the time they stay once they plop their hut down? On the larger maps, I've seen them walk a day across the map, place hut, and 1 hour later they're packing up and leaving. Be nice if there was a way in options or config file we could edit the time they stay for.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Haplo

Quote from: Grogfeld on December 06, 2015, 12:09:13 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. It certainly has potential, but I won't do anything with the trader code in the near future until I've seen what Tynan and Ison are implementing for A13 about this (even if it's still a few month away).
Until then I see it as work that potentially is for the archive.

Quote from: MrWashingToad on December 06, 2015, 03:46:17 PM
Haplo - is there an easy way to increase the land trader 'time on station' time, or the time they stay once they plop their hut down? On the larger maps, I've seen them walk a day across the map, place hut, and 1 hour later they're packing up and leaving. Be nice if there was a way in options or config file we could edit the time they stay for.
No, sorry. The time is hardcoded: When they are at their defense position (Trading Post) until they leave they stay a random time between 7000 and 18000 ticks. BUT the time should only start when they reached their defense position.. Before that they have a 'travel to' state..
Maybe I'll expand the 7k to something like 9k or 10k.. In the next release :)

giannikampa

So, as always this mod is outstanding..

Have a question: why i see a Turret base A (excellent) value =700, HP = 160 BUT a Turret base A (normal) value 850, HP = 350 ? should be kinda the opposite.

Just noticed, did not do further checks, alt tabbed and opened the forum right now

Must say that i'm playing the mod installed on an preexisting vanilla save, could be that messing things around, in this case i apologize for the reporting.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english