[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimandevil

SocialAnxiety:  have you tried manually ordering one of your colonists to do it?
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

RickyMartini

Was my bug confirmed Haplo? Can anyone else confirm my bug?

Haplo

I've looked how I made it and this is how the repairing of limbs with MAI is working:
1. it checks every 1200 ticks if a limb is missing
2. It has a 50% chance to do nothing
3. It checks, if a recharge station is at its position
4. It checks if there are 30 plasteel in adjacent nanite assemblers
5. Now it restores one random missing bodypart

So it should always work inside a recharge station if you have the plasteel available.
BUT it also always has a 50% chance to do nothing at all!

SocialAnxiety

Quote from: Grimandevil on December 18, 2015, 01:11:21 PM
SocialAnxiety:  have you tried manually ordering one of your colonists to do it?

Yes, obviously I have. So, messing around with DevMode to spawn in the resources and buildings, it's became apparent that I can only program/activate MAI if I have an AI Persona Core with me. But those are both expensive to buy (if you can even buy them) and hard to obtain considering the rare event of a ship part crash.

TLHeart

Quote from: SocialAnxiety on December 19, 2015, 05:06:01 PM

Yes, obviously I have. So, messing around with DevMode to spawn in the resources and buildings, it's became apparent that I can only program/activate MAI if I have an AI Persona Core with me. But those are both expensive to buy (if you can even buy them) and hard to obtain considering the rare event of a ship part crash.

no and ia core is an option. Gold is the hardest part to obtain, as it takes 20 times as much as it says, as gold is a small item.

Haplo

Quote from: SocialAnxiety on December 19, 2015, 05:06:01 PM

You have two options:
- You 'activate Mai', this requires 40 Plasteel and 40 Gold (it shows 2, but 40 is the real value)
- Or you 'activate MAI', this requires 50 Plasteel and 1 AI Core

Hmm, maybe I'll reduce the Gold needed to 20 (aka 1)..

RickyMartini

Quote from: Haplo on December 19, 2015, 03:47:38 PM
So it should always work inside a recharge station if you have the plasteel available.
BUT it also always has a 50% chance to do nothing at all!

Okay, thanks Haplo for taking your time to test this. So this means it doesn't have to be a medical station? I'll report back and will try it!

Haplo

Yes, it only tests, if the building is a recharge station. It doesn't test, if it is set to medical or not.

Haplo

It is Update Time :)

In whatever free time I could find I've worked on a special version of the shooting range.
Now here it is. With the new update you get the targets for ranged and for melee weapons.
With these you can make your own shooting range or dojo where your colonists go for joy, or where you can send them to improve their weapon skills.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Grimandevil

Quote from: Haplo on December 20, 2015, 08:01:43 AM
With the new update you get the targets for ranged and for melee weapons.
YES! i've been waiting this for ages.
instead of mindlessly shooting at walls.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Haplo on December 20, 2015, 08:01:43 AM
It is Update Time :)

In whatever free time I could find I've worked on a special version of the shooting range.
Now here it is. With the new update you get the targets for ranged and for melee weapons.
With these you can make your own shooting range or dojo where your colonists go for joy, or where you can send them to improve their weapon skills.

Awesome!
And it's a stand-alone mod too!
It's like Christmas!
...Wait, it is Christmas! ;D

RickyMartini

Krutchen

Heyo- Just grabbed this mod a bit ago, and I'm loving it and all, but quick question.

Have you looked into making this work with the Crash landing mod by Katavrik? It seems that the map generation stuff for the abandoned villages doesn't play nice with the crash landing start, which is a real shame, because watching debris fall from the sky and having a bit of a panic for the first few moments of the game is pretty damn cool.
It only seems to affect the starting crash, from what I gather.

Aaaah, Fixed it by simply having the crash landing mod after it in the load order, go figure.

Selonianth

Found an incredibly frustrating issue where my haul bots, I don't think I've seen a cleaning bot do it, just kinda seize up and twitch like they're having a seizure. If selected you can see them attempt to path every couple seconds but they just freeze and don't move again after that.

Not sure if it's connected or not but about when this happens my game starts lagging like crazy. Yet I'm not even using half my ram or CPU and my GPU doesn't seem particularly stressed.

RickyMartini

Hmm never happened to me Selonianth. Are the rest of the colonists behaving normally when hauling?