[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

The outlet part of that image looks a little off center now that I look at it :P  But yea, I gave you a good idea of what I think it should look like instead of a black spot.  xP  You can alter it of course, I did it quickly and applied a few affects using gimp to make the circular hazard zone.

I don't like PSD myself, I prefer people support an open source project like Gimp to keep such an excellent free tool popular.  :P  So I tend to share XCF files instead of PSD.  I can go back and re-export as PSD if I have to though.  :P  If you edit, try to center the outlet portion again as I seem to have been off a few pixels.  :P

I mainly wanted to get it to not look like a black spot, basically it's a flat pad that the robot gets into, with sensors that tell it that it is perfectly aligned and such before attempting to plug in.  The hazard line is a friendly thing for colonists to see and not leave their dirty socks or candy laying there on the charger.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

lude

Could you please unlock construction words for the Robots Extension?
When I make one it says changed priority on forbidden job or something, construction isn't intellectual, right?
Also the maintenance and construction drone spawn with far more incapabilities than your ones, I don't understand what I'm not doing right ^^

anyway if someone wants, I made a version of the extension with three more bots, made the gardenbot growing (which can cut trees in growing areas, is there a way to prevent that?), added a forestry with plantcutting, maintenance with repair and a non working constructor bot, so far tried to make some art for it, but used paint which broke the transparence so I downloaded GIMP but was yet too lazy to fix it, so all the other bots look like xbot/gardener and the one bot that doesn't work anyway has a white background.

now when starting a new colony with HSK modpack I eagerly await those robot traders to brighten my day, even if I have to sell everything to get a few, they're just so awesome, especially with tools for the haul (tho tiny bots dragging big carts for muffalos feels a bit cheaty)

Haplo

Can you give me the XML of your construction bot, please?
It is a possibility that I've missed something when defining the possible options...

lude

http://pastebin.com/2ert3Z1e

here, I put all three xml into that bin the one you're looking for is probably the first and the third is completely uninteresting

also thank a lot for keeping MAI alive all those alphas :D

Haplo

Sorry it took me a while to find some free time to look into it..

The problem you have with the Constructor Bot is that you've disabled the worktag for ManualSkilled for him.
Because of that he couldn't do his designated work as a constructor :)

Just change the WorkTag from 22763 to 22767 and he'll work for you :)
The basic worktag needed for him would be 4.

PS: Sorry for the blob in the game picture. I was too lazy to add the designated graphic. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

lude

and there I thought those were random numbers to call something from :>

is there a way to check what worktags refer to what skills?

this is an awkward error ^^ at least i had enough luck with the other two random worktags

thanks for looking it over

Haplo

Yes, you can find them in the WorkType Folder of Core :)
Maybe I should write a better help for the robots to clarify this stuff :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Cabraca

how many maiĀ“s i can craft at the moment?
because i have build and activate one and now my assembly are full of steel and silver and do nothing no new mai :(

Emottaja

The ruins generation wanted to give me a difficult start.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/34f8b9457f419bbb3dc2b1d2d8692eb9/tumblr_o2p7akU2Pp1tq9aigo1_1280.png

For some weird reason the walls of these hostile ruins were left open and my colonists haven't even landed on the map. =P

knives49

hello, thanks for the mod :)

I have a bug with Miscellaneous + Crash Landing Patch and EdB Prepare Carefully
I use crash landing for EDB but my colonist never apear in game, i have random colonist.

I think it come with
<li Class="CrashLanding.Genstep_Colonists_Hard" />
crash landing option def have a variable for hard mod, false or true, but with your patch it's always true, maybe ?

Kaisi

Great mod, Haplo. Can't play rimworld without it anymore. Is there a way to make bots do several jobs without building two separate bots? Like Constructing and Repairing.

Haplo

Quote from: Kaisi on February 20, 2016, 09:43:35 PM
Great mod, Haplo. Can't play rimworld without it anymore. Is there a way to make bots do several jobs without building two separate bots? Like Constructing and Repairing.
No, sorry. For now you can only have one bot per job kind. Maybe I'll rework the code a bit to accept multiple jobs, but for now that is a no, sorry.

Quote from: knives49 on February 18, 2016, 05:13:14 PM
I use crash landing for EDB but my colonist never apear in game, i have random colonist.

I think it come with
crash landing option def have a variable for hard mod, false or true, but with your patch it's always true, maybe ?
Hmm, I don't know how Crash Landing works. I just have added the genstep thats also in the genstep of the mod.
Does the hard mode remove the base colonists?

Quote from: Emottaja on February 17, 2016, 10:44:31 AM
The ruins generation wanted to give me a difficult start.
For some weird reason the walls of these hostile ruins were left open and my colonists haven't even landed on the map. =P
Yeah, sorry that can happen if you're really unlucky. Your genstep created a labyrinth blueprint with the enemies inside and then it placed a ruin with holes on it. The second one opened up the first one, making your start near impossible..
Sorry this is an unfortunate possibility with the genstep for now. I'll try to improove the building placement...

knives49

Quote from: Haplo on February 21, 2016, 05:15:03 AM
Quote from: knives49 on February 18, 2016, 05:13:14 PM

I think it come with
Hmm, I don't know how Crash Landing works. I just have added the genstep thats also in the genstep of the mod.
Does the hard mode remove the base colonists?

no, but crashlanding have a variant for EDB.
where do you find the genstep of crashlanding? I'll look for differences.

Haplo

I'm not perfectly sure about the name, but gensteps should be in the Def folder MapGenerator?
Something like that. Sorry I'm not at my computer right now so can't look for the correct name..  :(

knives49

in the crashlanding for EDB has no mapgenerator...
I will ask in the topic for crashlanding :)

edit: with help from Katavrik, I delete all my game, mod and local data. it's work now.
but you don't need the crashlanding patch if you play with EDB prepare carefully and crashlanding for EDB