What will you farm in A14?

Started by newcadence, July 12, 2016, 05:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newcadence

I think I'm going to be a megatherium rancher.

Shurp

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Tagasaki

falconbunker

Listy

Boomalpoes

Oh yes, I can see it now "Tales of a Rimworld Boomalope farmer", an epic two entry series, right up until the Boomalope farmer decides to slaughter his first animal.

Shurp

Slaughter from a safe distance with a rifle.  Or maybe build an automatic slaughter pen with fire suppression equipment.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

skullywag

hmm new mod?

Foam popper saddles...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Listy

Quote from: Shurp on July 13, 2016, 07:01:01 AM
Slaughter from a safe distance with a rifle.  Or maybe build an automatic slaughter pen with fire suppression equipment.

I have it all planned. I just hope Boomalope meat and hide is worth it for exporting.

Wex

The hide is worth a bit. Meat is just meat.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

b0rsuk

I farmed bears. 120 silver for a baby bear, and they double as defense.

keylocke

megatheriums are like herbivore bears. according to google, they're gigantic sloths.

the thing i like about herbivores if you're in temperate biomes or jungle is that they require minimal effort to care for.

so i usually just put my herbivore areas around the edges of the map and let them fend for themselves so i don't have to feed them (just harvest milk/wool and kill nearby predators).

then i train muffalos/dromedaries/elephants/etc.. to zerg rush.

------------------

on cold/hot biomes, carnivores are the best.

i just make sure that they have access to my frozen storage for human corpses and only feed them stockpiled kibbles when corpses are gone. (at frozen biomes, you don't even need to use coolers)

though i think it would've been more efficient to chop corpses up and turn human meat to kibbles, but the mood penalties are not worth the effort.

newcadence

I had a single bear one time, she was the hero of my colony's defence. She could take 3 other guys with knives or shivs at once. with the new update she would have been even stronger.