"roofed areas" preset area

Started by kuertee, August 12, 2016, 04:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuertee

To add to the default preset areas of "unrestricted" and "home",

what about "roofed areas"?

Useful during "toxic fallouts" and "heatwaves".

Pax_Empyrean

Roofs are added to completed rooms automatically. They aren't built off to the sides of your buildings by default because there are good reasons not to: having solar panels or agriculture requires light, and being in the dark makes people sad.

kuertee

Hahah! Sorry, but you misunderstood me.

I meant that "roofed areas" should be added to your list of preset "allowable" areas. As roofs are built are destroyed, a preset area called "Roofed areas" should be added to/removed from. E.g. like how your "Home" area is automatically added when you have the toggle to "automatically add to home area as you construct".

(By the way, I manually added hanging roofs/eaves from walls for my colonists/villagers to use during nuclear fallout and heatwaves. I wouldn't want those to be automatically built.)

Pax_Empyrean

Okay, so you want another category of areas, limited to anywhere that's out of the sun. That's reasonable enough.

kuertee

Exactly. Like so:

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

BlackSmokeDMax

Pretty cool idea. Tynan previously stated that he was thinking about putting something in that will help show which areas actually have roofs. Perhaps including your idea will be something he can include at the same time.