[A15] Friendly-Trap-Chance Feedback

Started by Adventurer, August 17, 2016, 03:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventurer

Quote from: TynanChance to spring known traps is reduced from 2.5% to 0.4%.
This is a step in the right direction, and I can see good reasons as to why this mechanic should be kept.

However... I very much dislike things that encourage the player to learn how to exploit the AI. Meaning, right now, savvy players are constructing their bases in such a way that the player's pawn AI will always avoid said traps while enemies will still walk into them.

I think friendly trap triggering should be gotten rid of entirely, and simply replaced with a movespeed debuff for when friendly pawns are traveling over the trap. A SIGNIFICANT one, like slower than traveling over rocks.

Pax_Empyrean

I'm playing with a mod that disables friendly trap triggers entirely, but it would be good if there was a speed penalty associated with traveling over trapped squares to discourage long chokepoints full of traps.

Peng Qi

Should be 0%, but enemies should be able to bypass or disarm traps if they're not currently in a state of panic, such as on fire or fleeing.

Adventurer

Quote from: Peng Qi on August 17, 2016, 09:29:12 PM
Should be 0%, but enemies should be able to bypass or disarm traps if they're not currently in a state of panic, such as on fire or fleeing.

I think the traps are supposed to be 'hidden', but just visible to us, the player.

Peng Qi

Quote from: Adventurer on August 18, 2016, 06:37:45 AMI think the traps are supposed to be 'hidden', but just visible to us, the player.
Sure, but no trap is undetectable.