[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

canadus

just a quick question,,
does version a14,, have 100% the same features as version a13
i think it is hard to see the diffrence betweem versions..
cheers
Canadus

zoranjoza

Hi, question or bug...
I have build Steel Wind Turbines. In discription say:
Power output 700w
Connected/stored:1200/553
And it say it output max power 1050w( when its strong wind). I had rain and it still produces max 700w.
But i have played some earlyer versions and there was oscilations betwen power output, from 0 to 1000... Sometimes only 500, some hours 1000w.
I feel like im cheating when i have 700w all time...Bug or?

R4z1ell

Hi guys, i'm trying this awesome mods pack and i'm having a really hard time with it.
Pretty much everything is unlocked with research as it should be ofc but i'm just overwhelmed.
What research should i go first? do u guys have some kind of "progression order"? how do u manage haunting at the beginning? i mean for sure i can't haunt with only 100+ ammo for a long time and i don't know why i can't even farm, i make the farming spot set them to potato and doesn't grow nothing, i'm completely lost...i need a big tutorial  :D

Autismo

Quote from: R4z1ell on August 19, 2016, 09:29:17 AM
Hi guys, i'm trying this awesome mods pack and i'm having a really hard time with it.
Pretty much everything is unlocked with research as it should be ofc but i'm just overwhelmed.
What research should i go first? do u guys have some kind of "progression order"?
I generally just go in order of cost. Start with the cheaper researches first.

i mean for sure i can't haunt with only 100+ ammo for a long time
Make a Crafting Spot and craft some bows and arrows.

i don't know why i can't even farm, i make the farming spot set them to potato and doesn't grow nothing, i'm completely lost...i need a big tutorial  :D
You need seeds. Unless you started with seeds, you need to buy them from traders. Eventually you'll unlock a tech to extract seeds from plants.

As far as food goes, you'll be hunting a lot early-game. Depending on the biome you're in, you might be able to harvest some of the berries that grow naturally. Fishing is also extremely useful. You can research it very early on. Once you build a Fishing Pier, you can add a bill at the pier to craft a harpoon or fishing rod (which I think is a weird place to put those recipes).

ScottS9999

Quote from: ScottS9999 on August 18, 2016, 12:20:16 AM
Is crash landing compatible with hardcore sk?  I'm noticing that I'm not seeing any mechanisms in the ship parts, and you can't really get started in hardcore sk without them.  Then I realized that ship parts might not be dropping them, if they are coming from the crash landing mod.  Am I just getting unlucky?
I was right, the ship parts in crash landing need to have mechanisms added to them if you are going to use them with hardcore sk.   Simple xml fix.

kaptain_kavern

Nope. You will find them a lot in the other (non vanilla) ships part (see the code here)

sevrun

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 18, 2016, 11:00:32 PM
Quote from: sevrun on August 18, 2016, 10:15:30 PM
Nice mod collection... one question though, why does every animal on the map decide to eat my survival rations?  They're seriously eating the vast majority of my rations before I can build a store room.

I've got enough to shovel without being stampeded by 'wild' animals that will only settle for my food.

I would recommend having every colonist pick them up (pick up, not haul) for safe keeping. Take advantage of that inventory space ;)

That... is absolutely genius.  I knew about the inventory system, so why didn't I think of that?  lol thanks mate!

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: zoranjoza on August 19, 2016, 09:13:17 AM
Hi, question or bug...
I have build Steel Wind Turbines. In discription say:
Power output 700w
Connected/stored:1200/553
And it say it output max power 1050w( when its strong wind). I had rain and it still produces max 700w.
But i have played some earlyer versions and there was oscilations betwen power output, from 0 to 1000... Sometimes only 500, some hours 1000w.
I feel like im cheating when i have 700w all time...Bug or?
To me it's a bug. I'm correcting this atm and send the files to Skyarkh on Github. Hopefully it will be in next release

ScottS9999

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 19, 2016, 10:21:19 AM
Nope. You will find them a lot in the other (non vanilla) ships part (see the code here)
Are the shipchunks in hardcore sk the same as the ship chunks in crash?  At the very least, hardcore sk is missing ships engines and reactor, is it not?

Perhaps my problem is the mod loading order.  I've got crash at the end, so maybe it's mechanism-less definitions are overwriting the hardcore sk ones?

Edit: Fallen ship pieces in crash are called "Ship_Beam_CrashLanded", while those in your link are called "ShipChunk".

kaptain_kavern

But this is not he Crashlanded thread?
I quite don't understand, this modpack is intended to be used as is, without adding anything else (keep in mind that there is a lot of works for making all mods working together and balanced with each other). If crashLanding is not implemented by Skyarkhangel How can he know or be responsible for knowing how this one will interact with the pack?

It's not impossible to add other mods on top of the pack but it can be tedious and complex even.

(I hope i don't sound harsh or insulting, and in an other thread - maybe Mods/Help for not spreading wrong informations here -  i will be happy to specifically help you out)
(My wild guess : CrashLandind + PrepareCarefully must be messing with each other)

ScottS9999

v2.2 shows CrashLanded as included in Hardcore SK.   Obviously the original intent was to include it, though I assume it was taken out at some point as it was not included in my install.

I'm not criticizing hardcore sk or recommending any changes.  I simply figured there were other people trying to use the two together, so I'm trying to understand for myself and for others what needs to change.  If skyarkhangel wants to use this info to include it back in the modpack, more power to him.  If not, I'll continue to add it in myself.  As far as I can tell, that's the only necessary change.  :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 19, 2016, 11:46:04 AM
(My wild guess : CrashLandind + PrepareCarefully must be messing with each other)

I think this last comment is correct. They were both previously included in HardcoreSK.

pop

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 18, 2016, 03:00:08 PM
Quote from: pop on August 18, 2016, 02:53:17 PM
Yes. Without problems

When you copied the Hardcore SK files in to the mod folder, did you let it overwrite the Core folder?

Yes I have overwritten some folders and a lot of files

Owlchemist

Quote from: canadus on August 19, 2016, 08:30:18 AM
just a quick question,,
does version a14,, have 100% the same features as version a13
i think it is hard to see the diffrence betweem versions..
cheers
Canadus

The difference between Hardcore SK for a13 (3.0) and a14 (4.0) is huge. The tech tree is entirely different, balance and cost changes, different/replaced benches, more streamlined resource usage... that's just what I noticed so far in the early game.