[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Shinkai on August 30, 2016, 06:04:15 PM
Dang. Oh well I guess since Neutroamine can be made into Medicine it really is moot. I did like the painkillers though.
You could check out the Vegetable Garden mod - it has a few medicinal/chemical plants. It's a much bigger mod though (has some crafting related aspects to go along with the farming as well).
------------------

Anyway, here is the Corpse Fired Generator updated for A15. I made massive, sweeping changes which include: changing the About to 0.15.80 and adding a line to the Changelog. Yup. My work here is done.
*Rides off into the sunset*
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jggnnlsv9gxfbqc/CFG_A15.zip?dl=0
(@cuproPanda Even though the license allows for it, if for whatever reason you don't want this redistributed, let me know, and I'll take it down.)
(p.s. While the stock FuelGenerator did receive a nerf in A15, I felt it wasn't relevant to the CFG, as it specifically dealt with consumption of wood and/or deals with quantities that don't scale well with the CFG)
#StopPluginAbuse

timeandtherani

I've been trying to load Core and Additional Joy objects and the game won't let me because it says they're not compatible with 15.  Is anyone else getting this or am I a special snowflake/doing something wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.

Deimos Rast

Quote from: timeandtherani on August 31, 2016, 01:45:31 PM
I've been trying to load Core and Additional Joy objects and the game won't let me because it says they're not compatible with 15.  Is anyone else getting this or am I a special snowflake/doing something wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.
Are you using the "Untested A15 Versions" ? Right under the title in the OP there is a Google Drive link to a large zip with all in one titled "Day 1 Mod." If you are using that, then the target versions are wrong, because they say 0.15.0 instead of 0.15.1280 and you'll need to open them in a notepad and manually change it.
#StopPluginAbuse

gehennianviceroy

cuproPanda, I just want to say that ever since I've first used your mods, they've become a must have. I even halfway updated some of your stuff for myself JUST because I couldn't play A15 without them (I needed copper and bottled water, god damnit). Thank you so much for the work you put in, plus the added bonus of giving us the testing versions for us hardcore Panda users.

Looking forward to starting my first "real deal" colony tonight with your mods enabled (at work for another few hours).

Trigon

Quote from: gehennianviceroy on August 31, 2016, 05:15:19 PM
cuproPanda, I just want to say that ever since I've first used your mods, they've become a must have. I even halfway updated some of your stuff for myself JUST because I couldn't play A15 without them (I needed copper and bottled water, god damnit). Thank you so much for the work you put in, plus the added bonus of giving us the testing versions for us hardcore Panda users.

Looking forward to starting my first "real deal" colony tonight with your mods enabled (at work for another few hours).
I absolutely agree. I use a ton of these mods and the game didn't feel right without them. I'm about to use the testing versions, bugs be damned! Though if I do find any I'll be sure to report them. Cupro certainly deserves the help.

cuproPanda

So far all the mods are working without issues. I did have to make a minor fix to the quarry telling it to track blocks so it could use the Do Until bill.

Quote from: Shinkai on August 29, 2016, 10:27:11 PM
Hmm. Dont see Rimpharma in the testing versions. Still being reworked?

Edit: I seem to have gotten the Cupro Core mod working but it seems like I'm not able to make bricks anymore?

I can get clay. But the simple crafting table only enables me to bottle fresh water. The furnace also doesnt have "bake/dry bricks" bill any more too.

Either that or its locked behind research?

Bricks were moved to the Random Additions (RAD) mod. Too many people complaining about unnecessary things in the core mod, so I moved them out into a completely modular mod, that way any feature a player doesn't want, they can easily remove by simply deleting a folder.

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 30, 2016, 04:01:16 PM
The one I don't get, and the reason I'm here actually, is the CFG and why it has a "NO 15" tag next to it. It's a definite favorite of mine, and it's so small, I can't see it being too much work. In fact, I'll probably do it myself, and post it here if you don't mind.
I'd also like to say: thank you for picking good licenses. More than once I've updated a mod for personal use, then thought "someone else might want to use this too" only to find out the license is rubbish. That is of course the author's prerogative, but it's frustrating nonetheless. So thank you!
Cheers.
(p.s. really enjoy Powerless, although I wish the Coldstones had a lowertech use as well).

I don't know why CFG was listed that way, seeing as it is very easy to update. I don't play with it, so that's why it isn't in the list of A15 mods; I am now working on my main computer, so I had to transfer files over from my laptop.

I'm really not concerned with people using my content. I started out modding by cloning the chess table and slowly learning from there. If my mods can help someone learn to mod, even if they just take one of my mods and alter it how they think works best, there's no reason a license should get in the way. Yes, I put a lot of hard work into my mods, but I did so because I wanted to, because I liked it, and because it helped me learn to be a better programmer and game designer. The only thing I ask for is a simple "Based on cuproPanda's ___ mod"

I wanted to give coldstones more uses, but I couldn't think of anything. I wanted to just get rid of them altogether, but there's no other way to make a powerless freezer, so...

Quote from: Shinkai on August 30, 2016, 06:04:15 PM
Dang. Oh well I guess since Neutroamine can be made into Medicine it really is moot. I did like the painkillers though.

Additional Joy Objects also has painkillers. They aren't craftable, but there's still an option.

Quote from: timeandtherani on August 31, 2016, 01:45:31 PM

As Deimos said, it sounds like you downloaded the wrong versions. Currently A15 mods are all on the main post, "Untested A15 versions"

Quote from: Trigon on August 31, 2016, 09:06:45 PM

I absolutely agree. I use a ton of these mods and the game didn't feel right without them. I'm about to use the testing versions, bugs be damned! Though if I do find any I'll be sure to report them. Cupro certainly deserves the help.

Thank you  :D

cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Deimos Rast

actually I'm pretty sure you can make a powerless freezer with the new passive cooler added in A15.

I'm actually playing with that idea myself. Haven't loaded it yet.
I also really like the charcoal pit. Shame it use a custom plugin, but I understand. Suppose it could be converted to bills, but that'd defeat the purpose.
#StopPluginAbuse

cuproPanda

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 01, 2016, 04:26:04 PM
actually I'm pretty sure you can make a powerless freezer with the new passive cooler added in A15.

I'm actually playing with that idea myself. Haven't loaded it yet.
I also really like the charcoal pit. Shame it use a custom plugin, but I understand. Suppose it could be converted to bills, but that'd defeat the purpose.

The passive cooler only cools to 15C/59F degrees, which isn't even refrigerated (4C/40F). The charcoal pit used to have bills, but I never wanted it to; a charcoal pit only needs to be set up, then it handles the rest. This way, the pit can burn for a more realistic amount of time without forcing someone to wait there monitoring it.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

timeandtherani

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 31, 2016, 04:36:40 PM
Are you using the "Untested A15 Versions" ? Right under the title in the OP there is a Google Drive link to a large zip with all in one titled "Day 1 Mod." If you are using that, then the target versions are wrong, because they say 0.15.0 instead of 0.15.1280 and you'll need to open them in a notepad and manually change it.

Got it, thank you!  I was looking in the wrong place.

timeandtherani

How do I get bottled water?  I have the well installed, but there's no "gather water" option. I want to bottle water and make spectago tea, but the brewing keeps saying "no materials".  Do I have to make glass bottles?  How do I do that?

cuproPanda

Quote from: timeandtherani on September 01, 2016, 06:06:29 PM
How do I get bottled water?  I have the well installed, but there's no "gather water" option. I want to bottle water and make spectago tea, but the brewing keeps saying "no materials".  Do I have to make glass bottles?  How do I do that?

Once the well has at least 1200 units of water, a button will be available to empty the water into buckets. The buckets can be crafted into 12 bottles at a simple crafting table or a stove, with no additional material cost.

timeandtherani

Thanks!  Does it make a difference where I place the well?  Can I use rain barrels for this as well? 

cuproPanda

Quote from: timeandtherani on September 02, 2016, 01:10:33 PM
Thanks!  Does it make a difference where I place the well?  Can I use rain barrels for this as well?

The well can be placed anywhere. It fills quicker if it's outdoors and it's raining. The rain barrels can also be used, but they only fill when it's raining.

Adventurer

cuproPanda

Quote from: Adventurer on September 02, 2016, 09:58:40 PM
Do you plan on updating Soda Garden?

I'm not going to, sorry.

I swear life is conspiring against me. Yesterday there was a hurricane where I am and in my rush to haul groceries up the stairs I slipped and fractured a rib. I can't even sit down now. FML