[A15] Rim PhD - Pharmaceutical Drugs (1.0.4) [9/27/2016]

Started by Andrew, August 30, 2016, 10:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Rim PhD 1.0.4

Version 1.0.4 | Adds various new drugs and medicine. Feedback on balance and such would be very appriciated!

Every update requires you remake your drug policies for the new drugs to appear. I appologies for this inconvenience.

Download

- Subscribe on Steam
Steam WorkShop

Or

- Download in top right corner
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Change Log:

• Rewrote code to not have RimWorld as the namespace
  • Balanced all current drugs in terms of crafting cost, item value, and drug effects.
  • Make Neutroamine craftable.

• Pepto : Helps cure Food Poisoning and Cryosickness
  • Chloroform : Puts consumer to sleep. ( I will try and make opperations so you can use these drugs on other people at some point).

• Made custom assemblies for custom drugs and overdose effects.
  • Suripu-Block : Prevents the Plague and Sleeping Sickness.
  • Worm-Burn : Kills pesky Gut Worms.
  • Isotono : Helps treat Carcinoma.

• Vitamin C : Boosts your immune system!

• Created Mod
  • Pain Away : Reduces pain, two pills recommended maximum per day.

skywyze

QuoteAdds various new drugs and medicine.
Could you expand on that? What sorts of drugs and medicines? Does it make regular medicines craftable?

Facepunch

Would be nice to see something like liver damage and cirrhosis as a result of drug overdose

Andrew

Quote from: skywyze on September 02, 2016, 07:52:31 AM
QuoteAdds various new drugs and medicine.
Could you expand on that? What sorts of drugs and medicines? Does it make regular medicines craftable?

Sorry wasn't checking the forums. If you check the update log it should give you an idea of what kind. And I am pretty sure regular medicine is craft-able in vanilla now.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Aristocat

I used your mod in my mod pack and got this error. I removed modification and used only this mod and still got the same error.

There was an exception thrown by the PawnGenerator during generating a starting pawn. Trying one more time...
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.HediffMaker.MakeHediff (Verse.HediffDef def, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.BodyPartRecord partRecord) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnAddictionHediffsGenerator.GenerateAddictionsFor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateInitialHediffs (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StartingPawnUtility.NewGeneratedStartingPawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Adventurer

Andrew, I'm sorry, but your mod needs a major refactor.

HediffGiver_Custom is a complete mess... it is not being properly called and is throwing errors left and right. The inheritance of HediffGiver means that the custom fields you're setting at the top are not being used at all.

I would advise you test your mod thoroughly in developer mode, and spawn pawns using the debug tool. It is far from functional.

skullywag

I was helping Adventurer to try and clean this up a bit but as he states its a bit of a mess. (its fixable though, just confusing for someone who didnt write it or hasnt been doing this for years) If you wanna jump in the modders slack and work through this with some of guys, PM me your email and ill invite you in.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Andrew

I haven't been checking or updating the forum, sorry. Not sure if these issues still exist in the latest version currently on steam.

Andrew

Just updated dropbox to the one on steam. On a side note, I do testing in development mode. No one on steam had reported any issues so maybe just the one on drop box has issues?

lc-soz

I was getting an error in all items added by this mod, was basically:

Collection cannot init: No textures found at path Things/Item/Drugs/[drug name]

The problem is that in the zip file the path is:

things/item/drugs

To solve the problem I edited the folders name to match the mod. I think that's because xml files are case sensitive.

lc-soz

You developed one of my favorite mods! Thank you a lot, but I think I have found an issue.

I had one pawn (Mongoose) with a little pain and after take Pain-Away he got downed with Pain-Away (String) synthon [+500% Pain / x40% Pain / -20% Consciousness].

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]