[1.0] Faction Discovery (updated 28.10.2018)

Started by Orion, August 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: Orion on August 30, 2016, 02:12:09 AM
There's no maximum I would know of. If you change the faction requirement numbers, you can indeed have a whole lot of factions. Beats me why you'd want that, though :P

To avoid getting infinite waves of mechs after using your (excellent) Hospitality mod ^.^

I am just too nice with my guests, I know.

John_Bigless

Quote from: Orion on September 01, 2016, 11:04:45 AM
There is no A14 version. Although someone claimed it worked fine for him in A14. I have a hunch that was not you.

To fix your file, I'd edit the file, and find-replace the faction references of all hippie pawns to a faction you had before. Then kick out the hippie faction. Keep loading it, with the mod disabled, check what RimWorld complains about in the developer console, and fix that next.

Oh, and visiting factions is not gonna happen. Try the MISC mods. They have something where you can send colonists on missions.
So, i installed the mod. On my test file it went fine, until the whole thing went insane lags. So i uninstalled it and then i realized.

Lags or inaccessible save?

Orion

It usually means you're constantly getting errors, so something broke. Turn on dev mode and check what's going on.

John_Bigless

Quote from: Orion on September 04, 2016, 05:03:08 AM
It usually means you're constantly getting errors, so something broke. Turn on dev mode and check what's going on.
So, i tried to find the laggy save, but i couldn't find it. I must have deleted it or soemthing.
I created a new test save and hoping that the same error appears again so i can "capture" it.

The only thing i remember is that the game was insanely laggy because of the dev log getting spammed with errors, it had to do something with the hippies.

Orion

theubie

Justas love

Orion

It adds faction mods in that you have installed after starting your game. So you don't have to start over.

John_Bigless

Quote from: Orion on September 04, 2016, 01:28:08 PM
It adds faction mods in that you have installed after starting your game. So you don't have to start over.
Also it adds as a bonus : A new faction called hippies, rather friendly people who are kind to strangers and have joints all up their asses. And maybye to be exploited.

John_Bigless

Yes! I finnaly managed to get some sort of mod error to spam the debug log and lag the game.
Here is the error log
http://prnt.sc/cewbga
And here are the mods i am using (2 pages)
http://prntscr.com/cewcmw
http://prntscr.com/cewcso

Edit : BINGO! After saving and reloading the save, the glitch triggered http://prntscr.com/cewekf

Orion

Congrats... I guess!?

Well, it's all vanilla code in the logs. So something must have corrupted your game state. Probably an error you received much earlier. But with so many mods, all bets are off, I'm afraid.

Keep a good eye on the console. Usually the first error you get is the culprit.

John_Bigless

Quote from: Orion on September 06, 2016, 03:34:23 PM
Congrats... I guess!?

Well, it's all vanilla code in the logs. So something must have corrupted your game state. Probably an error you received much earlier. But with so many mods, all bets are off, I'm afraid.

Keep a good eye on the console. Usually the first error you get is the culprit.
The symptoms of the corruption are
Unplayability because of spam-lag
Also, if you would have been in my perspective, you could access the console and do further searching.
Also, where do you think i should start with the mods?
And, is there a way to remove factions from a save file? (Or at least make a version wihout the hippies)

Orion

First of all I'd try a new game to see if the mods cause trouble just by themselves. Turn on god mode, build all the building, trigger various event (caravan, visitors, etc.) and see if any causes an error.

If your combination of mods is bugged, try and pin down the ones at fault. Often it's a combination. Sometimes the error message gives away the mod, sometimes not.

It's rather unlikely a "regular" faction is the problem. More likely a custom ones that use special classes. To get rid of a faction, Find & Replace is your friend. Make all the pawns of the faction part of a different faction, at the end kick out their definition and base. Do note that Faction Discovery will give them a new base if you keep it active. So edit their faction def, set their minimum bases to 0.

John_Bigless

Quote from: Orion on September 07, 2016, 05:08:30 PM
First of all I'd try a new game to see if the mods cause trouble just by themselves. Turn on god mode, build all the building, trigger various event (caravan, visitors, etc.) and see if any causes an error.

If your combination of mods is bugged, try and pin down the ones at fault. Often it's a combination. Sometimes the error message gives away the mod, sometimes not.

It's rather unlikely a "regular" faction is the problem. More likely a custom ones that use special classes. To get rid of a faction, Find & Replace is your friend. Make all the pawns of the faction part of a different faction, at the end kick out their definition and base. Do note that Faction Discovery will give them a new base if you keep it active. So edit their faction def, set their minimum bases to 0.
Well, you could make "No Hippies Allowed" version for those who dont want them, wich would have the faction def set to 0.

EDIT : So i managed to find a way to disable the hippies, the def was minrequiredatgamestart, it was 1 by default and i changed it to 0, loaded a new game and voila! there was not hippy faction in the faction list.

I made sure that they are gone, i brung up the "Spawn Pawn" menu and tried to spawn a Hippy, if there is no faction for a hippy (for example, when you try to spawn an outlander but there is no outlander faction, the debug log will tell you that you cannot spawn a pawn with null faction) then he wouldn't spawn, and he didn't!

I have destroyed the regenration source of the hippies, but the survivors must be destroyed...
I am going to try something on the test save i made earlier.
And the problem is, Find and replace is beyond my skill to use.

John_Bigless

Quote from: John_Bigless on September 09, 2016, 12:10:06 PM
Quote from: Orion on September 07, 2016, 05:08:30 PM

Well, you could make "No Hippies Allowed" version for those who dont want them, wich would have the faction def set to 0.

EDIT : So i managed to find a way to disable the hippies, the def was minrequiredatgamestart, it was 1 by default and i changed it to 0, loaded a new game and voila! there was not hippy faction in the faction list.

I made sure that they are gone, i brung up the "Spawn Pawn" menu and tried to spawn a Hippy, if there is no faction for a hippy (for example, when you try to spawn an outlander but there is no outlander faction, the debug log will tell you that you cannot spawn a pawn with null faction) then he wouldn't spawn, and he didn't!

I have destroyed the regenration source of the hippies, but the survivors must be destroyed...
I am going to try something on the test save i made earlier.
And the problem is, Find and replace is beyond my skill to use.
YESS!!!!!!! I have found a way to remove the hippies from the save file!
So, i decided to change a hippy faction into a pirate faction, i doubted it would work but to my suprise, it did!

Since there was no hippy faction but hippies were on the map, the game removed them solving the problem.