Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterBenM

Quotenormal start, but all your colonists are addicted to luciferium as a scenario. you'd obviously start with some, too, though.

You can edit the scenarios yourself if you want to play like that.

buttflexspireling

The next idea that I think my neighbor mentioned were lich phylacteries for raiders. It wouldn't necessarily force player characters to visit the enemy bases to destroy the phylacteries. Rather, I suspect the player characters could trade for GPS technology from traders to locate and deactivate the devices.   

MeowRailroad

Speaking of scenarios, a feature that would be useful would be a way to copy a scenario and then edit it. Sometimes I want to make 1 or 2 changes but then I'd be editing the actual scenario, so if I could copy it then edit that one it would be helpful.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Bagelblues

A drug that wakes unconscious people up.

mumblemumble

Hold fire command for drafted colonists. Friendly fire can get obscene when you cannot simply tell them to stop shooting for a moment when either you are flanked on the side of a firing line, or if a melee person is moving in.

ability to reinstall deadfall traps, rather than rebuilding them. As well as being able to manually spring them and deactivate them to be mindful of wildlife, or visitors.

Grass, raspberry bushes in growing zones.

A drug (non addictive) to cover up addiction symptoms and speed up recovery, at the cost of slightly higher appetite, lethargy, and nausea
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Jay270

Zombull

Lights! Why is there still only one type of indoor light in the vanilla game? Really need wall and ceiling lights.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: MeowRailroad on September 04, 2016, 09:44:20 PM
Speaking of scenarios, a feature that would be useful would be a way to copy a scenario and then edit it. Sometimes I want to make 1 or 2 changes but then I'd be editing the actual scenario, so if I could copy it then edit that one it would be helpful.
You can save the scenario as a different one before editing.

I would like to copy zones and outfits instead of defining them completely from nothing.

Also I would like to change the colors of zones and stockpiles by myself instead in relying on random colors.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Clemdawgg

In terms of A15, Giving prisoners drugs.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Clemdawgg on September 05, 2016, 04:30:48 PM

Or giving them clothes. I hate the "Naked" mood loss on them.

I would like a mood thought for buying/rescuing someone's relative from slavery.

mumblemumble

indication of training levels of animals when buying / selling which is easily noticed. I want to sell untrained animals, and keep the haulers.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: MikeLemmer on September 06, 2016, 12:47:50 AM
Quote from: Clemdawgg on September 05, 2016, 04:30:48 PM

Or giving them clothes. I hate the "Naked" mood loss on them.

You can give them clothes by putting stockpiles in the prison. Then prisoners will dress themselves like your own pawns
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TrashMan

Support for more traits (IIRC, 4 is max atm) and the ability of pawns to get traits over time.

For example, if a colonists spends a year or two running around naked, he might get "nudist".
A colonist that kills many enemies and does lots of damage in combat might get "veteran".
Etc...

Kindyj

When a building, bench or any other object is destroyed by fire, explosion or any other means, have the overall master option to have it automatically replaced with a blueprint instead of nothing.

Bagelblues

Herbal tea(Tea, Medicinal drug tea, healing tea) Drug Cookies/Brownies.