[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

MarsX v3 - Musky Edition

Description:
This mod is a full conversion of Rimworld into a Mars colony builder.

Details:
Due to the vast number of changes it is recommended that you disable all other mods before playing to guarantee that it will work.

You can build and manage a fleet of refuelable ships that can travel between Mars and Earth.

The atmosphere, air and water are all simulated. O2, CO2, Pressure, Humidity, You must balance everything and maintain a constant supply.

There are new weather conditions like dust storms which block the sun and cover solar panels with dust.

Many more things have been changed such as backstories, skills, needs, food, resources, materials and much more.

I am working on a wiki and youtube series to help explain how everything works. But for now the way i start a game goes like this

1:Eject hab, moxie, tools and some food from the crates
2:place the hab and moxie, run power and gas pipes from the ship to the hab, once habs finished place air outlet inside to rapidly fill it with air from the tanks on the ship.
3:build beds and suit stations, make an area inside the hab and set the zones and rest mode on the suit stations and haul some essentials inside the hab like clothes food and wet wipes.
4:make some solar panels a stonecutting table and smelter, make a greenhouse extension to the hab with stone walls and start mining bauxite and iron to make steel and aluminium.
5:double dig a patch of sand to remove the top layer of icy sand and a second layer of dry sand and start making soil at a soil worktable.
6:when the greenhouse is ready place all the soil, then install skylights then irrigation pump, then pipe water to the pump from the ship.
7:build a miwex to produce water from the icy sand, and start working on sewage system before the wet wipes run out.

Then you start getting into managing your fleet, planning your cargo, and starting up fuel production to refuel your ships.

HELP / GUIDE / HINTS / TIPS
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/732754899/154644928856421842/

English only

Author
Dubwise56
SioxerNic

Download Current Version
Mars v3.0.2 - Musky Edition - 0.16.1393

Download Old Versions
Mars v3.0.1 - Musky Edition - 0.16.1393
Mars v3.0.0 - Musky Edition - 0.16.1393
v2.1.3 - 0.15.1284
v2.1.2
v2.1.1
v2.1.0
v2.0.1
v2.0.0

"By downloading you agree the terms and conditions below"

Steam workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732754899

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Deactivate all other mods in the mod menu in the game.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the game Rimworld to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
OWNER - Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the terms accepted when purchasing Rimworld (https://ludeon.com/rimworld/EULA.txt),
the OWNER has full rights over their MOD.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
MODPACK - A collection of MODS
1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE RIMWORLD GAME, PARTS OF RIMWORLD MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
All derived works must be free and it has to be clear that the derived work is derived from this MOD, if they are made public.
Also a link to this Page has to be included.
5.MODPACKS
You may add this MOD to any MODPACK, but if the MODPACK is public then you have to include the OWNER's name and a Link to this Page.
(optional) It is appreciated if you let the OWNER know that this MOD has been added to a MODPACK, but this is not required.

Yautja

Yautja

Ops, I forgot to ask, is there enemies/raids as well? Or will only be the Man/Men vs. Mars? Nothing else I mean

BlackSmokeDMax

Nice, thanks for releasing here as well!

I prefer using manual mods (without messing with copying Workshop mods to make them manual), so you'll lose a subscriber on Steam, but fear not, I'll still be using the mod!

Fluffe

Dont know how possible it is but it would be cool if once you built a rocket ship you could go to mars from the rimworld or the opposite like a extra challenge for those who beat the first world lol 

Master Bucketsmith

Dubwise

Shinzy

Wait this was on steam only until now?
Oohh shame Dubby!

Dubwise

Quote from: Shinzy on September 11, 2016, 04:59:47 PM
Wait this was on steam only until now?
Oohh shame Dubby!

I didn't think it was good enough to deserve having its own release post  :-[ :-[ :-[

Facepunch

Would be nice to have some source of steel income, otherwise great mod.

Dubwise

Quote from: Facepunch on September 11, 2016, 06:26:56 PM

You smelt it from iron using the electric smelter

Facepunch

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 11, 2016, 06:38:37 PM

Maybe I'm having a brain dead moment, but you gotta mine iron from mountains or hills or whatever, don't you? Im talking about a structure that you can assign a pawn to, and it slowly produces iron, or steel, or whatever.

Dubwise

Quote from: Facepunch on September 11, 2016, 07:03:32 PM
Quote from: dubwise56 on September 11, 2016, 06:38:37 PM

Maybe I'm having a brain dead moment, but you gotta mine iron from mountains or hills or whatever, don't you? Im talking about a structure that you can assign a pawn to, and it slowly produces iron, or steel, or whatever.

oh you can use the new mining drills in a15 which supply iron that you can smelt into steel

Dubwise

Quote from: Yautja on September 11, 2016, 11:35:28 AM
Ops, I forgot to ask, is there enemies/raids as well? Or will only be the Man/Men vs. Mars? Nothing else I mean

man vs mars for now, i'm mostly going to focus on adding in complex research with incidents to ruin it all. At some point i want to make a total rimcall scenario or something, to throw in a renegade colonist faction once your colony has advanced to a certain level/size.

Deimos Rast

saw this on steam awhile ago, good to see it getting a thread.
First time I've seen terms and conditions, but they seem good ones. ;D
#StopPluginAbuse