[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaestor

Misc. Robots++

Robots? Y u no Robots++ also!?
More Robots!!! More Better!!!

Contains five tiers of a couple multi-talented robots to serve your colony. It also adds research, materials, and a new Robotics workbench for crafting the Misc. Robots and Robots++.  Made using the "Misc. Robots Xtension" provided by Haplo. Big shout-out to Haplo for the awesome misc mods, eh!

Robots++ Contains The Following Bots
These bots combine multiple abilities to perform common colony tasks

• Kitchen Bot
    A unit capable of cooking, as well as sowing and cutting plants.
    A useful robot both in the kitchen, and on the farm.

• Crafter Bot
    A unit capable of smithing, tailoring, and crafting.
    The perfect slaves for an automated assembly line!

• Builder Bot
    A Builder unit capable of constructing, deconstructing, repairing, and mining.
    It will also cut plants that are in the way, but may not be used for farming.

• ER Bot
    An Emergency Response unit capable of treating patients and fighting fires.
    Don't be scared of the needle; it wont hurt (much).

• OmniBot
    The OmniBot is at the end of the techtree
    and requires you to research all of the other robots first.
    The OmniBot can do the jobs of all the other robots.

Research, Crafting, and Tiers
You can makey the thingies now! Research the tech! Make the components! Build the thingies!

There are five tiers of robots:
  Tier 1 Simple robots have Amateur skills (4),
  Tier 2 Basic robots have Professional skills (8),
  Tier 3 Intermediate robots have Master skills (13),
  Tier 4 Advanced robots have System-Class Master skills (16),
  Tier 5 Anti-Logic robots have GodLike skills (20).

Each tier has a faster movement speed and more fire resistance than the previous.
Hauling and Cleaning type robots are much faster than any other robot in the same tier.
Higher tiers also recharge at faster rates!

R++ Mod Conflicts
What The Hack - must be loaded before misc robots
Androids [b18] ?
More Scenario Parts [1.0]+? idk

R++ Mod Dependencies
Robots++ requires [Misc. Robots] to be loaded before it.
Download from the Miscellaneous Mods thread by Haplo.
Robots++ requires [Harmony] to be loaded before it. (only for mod version 3.1.2 and above)
Download from the [LIB] Harmony thread by Brrainz.

User-made translations will be included as they are made.
Community translations are included. If you would like to translate for R++ please use the /Languages/English/ folder as a template and make a pull request!

R++ Downloads
Releases can be found on the github releases page. The latest version will also be available on the Steam Workshop.

Pre-github, legacy, and compatibility versions are available for download via Mega.nz or files.fm

Mod Load Order
[Core] >> [Misc. Robots] >> [Misc. Robots++]
It's advised to only keep large collections of mods, like the Misc. Mods, close together and near the bottom. (Not a rule set in stone, but it can fix a lot of headaches)

Bugs & Suggestions
I would prefer if people were to submit bug reports and suggestions to the github issues, but people may also use the respective suggestion and bug report discussions on the Steam Workshop. I don't actively monitor this thread so reports and questions here may go unnoticed.

For license information, see Miscellaneous Mods thread by Haplo.

int misc_core(int misc_robots){ return misc_robots++; } // lawl :D

pktongrimworld

oooooo got anything with a basic gun? :P

bignutt

Thank you very much for making and posting it here.. Cant wait to try it out!

alaestor

Quote from: pktongrimworld on September 16, 2016, 12:11:19 AM
oooooo got anything with a basic gun? :P
No, sadly. I haven't made a robot with a gun, or a combat robot. I will not include combat robots in the mod.

I've had several suggestions; Raids, Events, Gaurd-Bots, Daleks, and so on.
I won't be including any combat-capable robots in the mod. Due to both technical limitations, and balance.

Quote from: bignutt on September 16, 2016, 12:17:08 AM
Thank you very much for making and posting it here.. Cant wait to try it out!

Enjoy :D

kaptain_kavern

Congratz on the release. I will try this one ASAP. ... 
But now I want my Trigun mod :-p

Expresso

It seems to me one so unlucky. Maud reports an error and the version of the game does not start  :o

http://prntscr.com/clkg74

EldVarg

Great mod. As I said in steam, it would be cool to have a upgraded version of the haul and clean robot - faster and could carry more.

alaestor

Quote from: Expresso on September 23, 2016, 03:55:50 PM
It seems to me one so unlucky. Maud reports an error and the version of the game does not start  :o

Make sure your Load Order is correct (core > misc core > misc robots > R++)
If it is, try re-installing R++ and if you're using steam; verify game cache integrity.

If none of that fixes it, I'm not sure what to do xD

Expresso

in fact of the matter is that an error message is given immediately when the game starts. And fashion is not active (the red error)

http://prntscr.com/clt4f8

Krolon

Well, there's a huge problem. R++ is not working. There is SS of mod menu. http://imgur.com/a/JUEf1 I tried only with core, misc core and R++. Still nothing. Mod seems to be awesome. I hope this will be repaired. ;)

Haplo

Quote from: Expresso on September 24, 2016, 10:29:26 AM
in fact of the matter is that an error message is given immediately when the game starts. And fashion is not active (the red error)

http://prntscr.com/clt4f8
If it's red, then it means that the mod isn't the right version for your game version.
Downloaded the wrong version maybe?

Quote from: KrolCwanPL on September 25, 2016, 05:24:39 AM
Well, there's a huge problem. R++ is not working. There is SS of mod menu. http://imgur.com/a/JUEf1 I tried only with core, misc core and R++. Still nothing. Mod seems to be awesome. I hope this will be repaired. ;)
You are missing 'Miscellaneous Robots', which must be loaded before R++.

Expresso

If it's red, then it means that the mod isn't the right version for your game version.
Downloaded the wrong version maybe?

An earlier screenshot I showed matching versions

Expresso

Hooray! I found the cause of the problem. It was necessary to carry out sub-folders in the root folder of the mod.

http://prntscr.com/cm6v9y

This folder is superfluous. All embedded in it is necessary to move from the top

Expresso

Still have a suggestion or a request. Create separate from the builder of a mining bot. All the same, mineral extraction and construction of different categories

avpx

Weirdly activating the mod just sets the prices of everything to 35 wood.