Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanGio

yeah... it's just that if "iron : 0" display on the screen, you get the information right away. When you've got plenty of ressources except one, you have to notice that this one is missing on the list. I know I'm lazy... That's just, like, 1 second thinking... but I'm really lazy ! :)

iame6162013

a comsconsole that a larger range meaning there will be more traders, but the prices will vary from how far the trader woud be.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Lazarus

Kinda new to this site and the game (bought it two days ago as of this post) after watching a few videos of Rimworld from Quill18 and MathasGames and just thought "I think I could do better" so I gave it a go and really... died four times in a row and still play on... got a really good colony going now but with it I figured I should have more "problems" other than the 20+ raiders knocking on my doors that get fired on by my 11 colonists with M24 sniper rifles...

I would like to see the following if possible (Sorry if these have been posted before but I got though 20 odd pages and can't stand no more! X3) :-

Ceiling lighting - I have lots of tunnels running off in directions and I would like it if I didn't have to use standing lamps... seem like a trip hazard to me!

Air Recycler - Due to me being dug into the side of a mountain (hence the first note) it would be good if misma built up due to lack of clean air so you would need one of these that would change the air or maybe...

Plants! - Clean the air around you in small increments?

Air vents - In with the air recycler to pump in the air in and out <-- maybe get ye old boomrats in them??

Bunkers - Made like sandbag walls but as a structure - this might be up-gradable to contain mounted turrets that are just harder to destroy - but this is mainly for your people to shoot out of.

Just a few ideas, but mainly I would like to see ceiling lighting come into play as you could just use the standing lamp but just make it so its not going to slow people down and not as destructible?

When starting a new world/colony is it possible to add in a random chance that when your people come down they might land on/near an already abandoned area i.e. metal walls that are damaged a solar panel generator that's not connected to anything maybe a few dead bodies that are were survivors that just died via starvation or raiders <-- would love to see our old colonies being used for this!

I know some of this won't be "Easy" but just some ideas :3
Poke poke, stab stab.

SurvivoroftheNoobs

A landmine all you would have to do is make charges automaticlly dentonate when raiders get close. That way you wouldn't have to try and time it with the fuse.

Rex705

Has anyone said showers yet? You could build a shower room for colonists to wash off all the dirt and blood and give them a happy thought of being clean.

Classes to learn and master like Combat Medic so they can heal wounded colonists with med kits during a raider fight.

I was sad when I built the stone wall only to have it be the normal stone you mine. I was hoping for a castle wall so maybe a re-texture of the stone wall.

FtDLulz

It doesn't seem to be exactly like regular stone since it's smooth. I would like to see some variations on it though, we already have stone tiles.

ZyBah

Me and a friend were talking about suggestive ideas for the game and we came up with stun weapons such as a shock baton or a taser where a colonist could use it to incapacitate fleeing raiders or colonists who have mentally broke down. :) 

ZyBah

Travelling sales convoy

could consist of a salesman and two guards.

the salesman would sell the same items as passing ships but provide the player with another form of selling/buying

but if the player chooses to attack or arrest the salesman, he/she will run away and the guards will become hostile. :)

ZyBah

water such as small rivers and ponds

colonists could walk in the water but the movement speed would be reduced to around 50%

placing a path over the water would create a bridge of some sort

Nasikabatrachus

Graves should protect bodies from being burned (or damaged by explosions, but maybe that's more reasonable?). It's sort of a pain to worry about raids and also remember to keep grass away from the grave of That One Pawn Who Sacrificed Itself To Save The Colony.

Psyckosama

Return the option to mark graves as Colonist Only. Game with Giblets to remove the option of putting colonists into them.

Sion

Giblet cages should give raiders the fear debuff too.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Psyckosama

Quote from: Sion on April 08, 2014, 10:48:22 AM
Giblet cages should give raiders the fear debuff too.

Seconded!

In fact I think that should be one of their main uses. They can make small groups of raiders take a look, go "Um, yeah... to hell with this" and call off their attacks early.

Nasikabatrachus

1. Not sure how cheap this is in terms of either coding time or cpu cycles, but I have a suggestion for countering the wall-off-a-colony-inside-a-mountain strategy: if a colonist doesn't have any available path to the edge of the map through a door or open space, the colonist receives a -10 happiness buff that lasts at least as long as there is no path. Maybe call it a "Feels Trapped" thought.

2. It would make sense if prisoners would occasionally attempt to escape by turning hostile and making a run for the edge of the map. Low happiness, moderate fear, and high health would make sense as the most likely precondition for attempting to escape. Escape attempt events by groups of prisoners are the next logical step.

Edit: Almost forgot! 3. An event in which a novel plant lands on the map, spreads geometrically, and must be destroyed with fire, explosives, or simply by time-consuming plant-cutting. Possible effects of the plant: turning areas of fertile terrain into infertile terrain, area damage effects (i.e. anything walking through it gets hurt), negative psychological effects within a certain radius of the plant.

FtDLulz

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on April 09, 2014, 07:45:50 PM
1. Not sure how cheap this is in terms of either coding time or cpu cycles, but I have a suggestion for countering the wall-off-a-colony-inside-a-mountain strategy: if a colonist doesn't have any available path to the edge of the map through a door or open space, the colonist receives a -10 happiness buff that lasts at least as long as there is no path. Maybe call it a "Feels Trapped" thought.

2. It would make sense if prisoners would occasionally attempt to escape by turning hostile and making a run for the edge of the map. Low happiness, moderate fear, and high health would make sense as the most likely precondition for attempting to escape. Escape attempt events by groups of prisoners are the next logical step.

Edit: Almost forgot! 3. An event in which a novel plant lands on the map, spreads geometrically, and must be destroyed with fire, explosives, or simply by time-consuming plant-cutting. Possible effects of the plant: turning areas of fertile terrain into infertile terrain, area damage effects (i.e. anything walking through it gets hurt), negative psychological effects within a certain radius of the plant.

Seconded. Those are some great ideas imo.