Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushover

Tribal beasts to go along on raids. Tribal raids turn into a massive human wave, it would make sense for Tribals to bring a few bears/wolves/cougars along instead of 5 guys with clubs.

FridayBiology

+1 tribal beasts, Could even add it as a separate tribal event like the Raiders who use advanced or clever tactics.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

JimmyAgnt007

Instead of a just having bench for art, have a set of tools as well.  The idea being that they still use that spot for making sculptures but they can also take the tools and improve other objects.  Carving art into tables, floors, walls, and other stuff. 

Turning cave walls into smoothed walls that they can engrave would be nice. 

Also they could use materials to improve things even more, such as adding gold, jade, and silver to artworks to increase their beauty and value.

Alenerel

A small QoL suggestion. Be able to expand/collapse the categories in the categorized view (top left of the screen) by also clicking on the icons/numbers, instead just on the arrow since its a bit difficult to hit it.

newcadence

Prisoners get an even stronger mood debuff from prisoners being sold.
Think about it, "They sold that one guy, what if they sell me next?"

Alenerel

Make an indicator that displays WHILE you are being raided, similar to the conditions like volcano winter, toxic fallout, etc. I have been a lot of times where I thought that I raid ended when it wasnt.

Rayneteir

A simple, cheap quality of life improvement - when you're viewing the detailed information tab for your colonists (stats, character, health, records), make the pawn icons at the top of the screen clickable to quickly swap between character info screens and compare stats.

Slightly less cheap, but still relatively simple - make a separate window that you can open that has similar rows for all the stats and a column for each colonist so you can quickly and easily compare stats to determine who is your fastest researcher, best miner, etc.

ItsNotDenon

Wooden man/ boxing bag-
Joy item that teaches melee skill.
Boxing ring-
Two colonists can fight for joy, others can watch for joy.
TV channels- increase skills via joy cooking channel gardening etc
Joy item card games like poker or mtg-
Build games table set to chess or poker
Poker can be played with visitors to gain silver or lose it.

Race track, a zone for people to do basic sports. It's free but gives the same joy as a wonder whilst keeping people entertained.

Rayneteir

Another simple quality of life improvement - Make it possible to set colony wide drug/clothing policies so that all new colonists joining don't have to be manually changed, the default is that they join with the selected colony wide policy and manual adjustments can still be made as desired beyond that.

Vilhien

I was thinking today, wouldn't it be nice to have epitaphs for dead people you bury. Like..

~Here lies this dumb ass that tried to attack our colony like all the others and failed.. 2712 AR.

I don't know.. Something upon burying as an option perhaps..? I don't know

Thundercraft

Quote from: Rayneteir on December 17, 2016, 09:41:35 AMMake it possible to set colony wide drug/clothing policies so that all new colonists joining don't have to be manually changed, the default is that they join with the selected colony wide policy and manual adjustments can still be made as desired beyond that.

+1 I like quality of life improvements. And this one sounds relatively simple.

Quote from: ItsNotDenon on December 17, 2016, 09:39:35 AM
Wooden man/ boxing bag-
Joy item that teaches melee skill.
Boxing ring-
Two colonists can fight for joy, others can watch for joy.
TV channels- increase skills via joy cooking channel gardening etc
Joy item card games like poker or mtg-
Build games table set to chess or poker
Poker can be played with visitors to gain silver or lose it.

I fully agree that there should be more Joy items or options to increase joy (at least, after certain research). And I like some of these ideas.

The thing about chess is that it is possible to play by yourself (albiet, not as fun). But poker and most card games should be played with another. Perhaps some joy items should only be usable by at least two participants? Maybe a poker table that would require at least two adjacent chairs?

I like the idea of a wooden dummy to increase melee. Though, I don't think it should be a joy item. It's enough that it trains a skill.

The boxing ring... maybe?

newcadence

Plains biome. Spawns in large flat stretches between some hills and mountains. Less trees, more fertile soil.

Alenerel

When disabling the option so show areas colors, force show them when creating a growing zone or storage zone. I would always have them disabled if I could see them like this.

Show them too when selecting a growing/storage zone.

Rock5

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 17, 2016, 03:24:25 PM
Quote from: Rayneteir on December 17, 2016, 09:41:35 AMMake it possible to set colony wide drug/clothing policies so that all new colonists joining don't have to be manually changed, the default is that they join with the selected colony wide policy and manual adjustments can still be made as desired beyond that.

+1 I like quality of life improvements. And this one sounds relatively simple.

I agree. An obvious improvement.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

dv

How hard would it be to make it so I can neuter/spay an animal?