Count to !UPDATED! 20,000 before Tynan posts!

Started by GamerGuy, March 28, 2015, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeowRailroad

I keep posting on this thread, and I bet Tynan will post on it when it's at 8999.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Adamiks

Quote from: mabor0shi on December 21, 2016, 04:05:06 PM
Quote from: Adamiks on December 21, 2016, 03:59:04 PM
Quote from: PhantomR on December 21, 2016, 02:30:44 PM
4774 Anyone excited for Christmas?

No.

You more of a kwanzaa man?
4777 (triple 7s, i win!)

I never even heard of kwanzaa. I had to google it. I simply dont like christmas. And people. Christmas is based on both.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Adamiks on December 21, 2016, 05:09:58 PM
I never even heard of kwanzaa. I had to google it. I simply dont like christmas. And people. Christmas is based on both.

Kwanzaa is not for Europeans. Google is Santa Claus. Christmas is a pain in the ass. RimWorld is about people. Post number is 4780.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Adamiks

"RimWorld is about people."

Probably the reason i end up butchering my enemies (and allies). And ordering my colonists to beat other colonists who pissed me off with wooden clubs. And mass executing the robots (from a mod) that arent useful for me anymore. And walling off Thrumbos, then waiting for them to starve to death.

So ehh, i guess the lesson i learned today is... I not only hate people, but also (other) animals and artificial life forms. The more you know.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Adamiks on December 21, 2016, 06:45:29 PM
"RimWorld is about people."

Probably the reason i end up butchering my enemies (and allies). And ordering my colonists to beat other colonists who pissed me off with wooden clubs. And mass executing the robots (from a mod) that arent useful for me anymore. And walling off Thrumbos, then waiting for them to starve to death.

So ehh, i guess the lesson i learned today is... I not only hate people, but also (other) animals and artificial life forms. The more you know.
On a related note, do you think robots can be people? What makes 'people'? (i mean "what are the prerequisites for sentience?", not "where do babies cum from?")
edit: p.s. I always try to punish NPCs who piss me off, too.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Adamiks

Yes, i do think robots can be people.

And prerequisites? Well, they have to be self-aware and intelligent.

However, i do not know if they also have to have emotions in order to be considered people. I mean, it's based on what their pure-master-intelligence, free from all emotions would tell them to do. If, for example, eradication of all life would be most logical thing they could think of, then well. I doubt that would fit into our criteria of 'people'. Mostly because we dont like things going full genocide mode. Though, if most logical thing to do for them was just minding their own business, then yeah, i dont see a reason to why not consider them people. After all, we dont want to make them mad. And activate their full genocide mode.

But a robot with both emotions and intelligence, would be totally a person for me. And yes, i wouldnt have many issues with falling in love with a robot like that. I guess assuming that robot would have.. you know. A body. Because of limitations of human mind, it would be hard to love something without a physical form.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Adamiks on December 21, 2016, 07:50:57 PM

Yes, i do think robots can be people.

And prerequisites? Well, they have to be self-aware and intelligent.

However, i do not know if they also have to have emotions in order to be considered people. I mean, it's based on what their pure-master-intelligence, free from all emotions would tell them to do. If, for example, eradication of all life would be most logical thing they could think of, then well. I doubt that would fit into our criteria of 'people'. Mostly because we dont like things going full genocide mode. Though, if most logical thing to do for them was just minding their own business, then yeah, i dont see a reason to why not consider them people. After all, we dont want to make them mad. And activate their full genocide mode.
Hey, there's been apes that were "self-aware and intelligent" compared to a lot of humans we call a person. They have been able to communicate things about themselves and their personal opinions to humans using sign language and such. Whereas, a baby or a severely mentally challenged person is considered a person. Probably the only thing that stops you from making them eat each other :P
Quote from: Adamiks on December 21, 2016, 07:50:57 PM
But a robot with both emotions and intelligence, would be totally a person for me. And yes, i wouldnt have many issues with falling in love with a robot like that. I guess assuming that robot would have.. you know. A body. Because of limitations of human mind, it would be hard to love something without a physical form.
You omitted # on 4780. I wasn't gonna say anything because, despite your lack of physical form, I love you. Have you seen the movie "Her"?

Spdskatr

Tynan will already posted at 9000.
Quote from: Tynan on March 16, 2023, 02:13:51 AM
Lol, so close yet so far. I'm so sorry for ruining the party. Time to start again!
He's such a prankster.
Quote from: Tynan on September 11, 2032, 05:42:47 PM
Oops
How do I know? Time travel.
Quote from: Tynan on July 02, 1985, 10:15:49 PM
Hey Marty, We could be good friends yanno!
Give up now.
(This joke is quite old I know)
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

mabor0shi

Quote from: Spdskatr on December 21, 2016, 09:51:13 PM
Lol, so close yet so far. I'm so sorry for ruining the party. Time to start again!
He's such a prankster.
Oops
Give up now.

It's old to you. You are from the future. Everything here is old to you!

Neotic

I hope tynan makes a reference to this in the game somehow
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Spdskatr

Has anyone tried actually clicking on the quote link?
My mods

Adamiks

Quote from: mabor0shi on December 21, 2016, 08:15:30 PM
Hey there's been apes that were "self-aware and intelligent" compared to a lot of humans we call a person. They have been able to communicate things about themselves and their personal opinions to humans using sign language and such. Whereas, a baby or a severely mentally challenged person is considered a person. Probably the only thing that stops you from making them eat each other :P

Welp, there isnt a specific criteria to what makes something a person. It's a concept made by humans to describe other humans. Maybe key is not in what we should and shouldnt call a person, but in how we treat beings that dont fit in our criteria of 'people'. Just because they are not people, doesnt mean they are worthless and we can do what we want with them.

Anyway, apes are in fact intelligent. But from what i know they dont have a thing called 'theory of mind'. They dont seem to understand other individuals can possibly have knowledge they do not possess. But that's only what i heard (on Vsauce videos, specifically), i havent done a deeper research on that.

Quote from: mabor0shi on December 21, 2016, 08:15:30 PM
You omitted # on 4780. I wasn't gonna say anything because, despite your lack of physical form, I love you. Have you seen the movie "Her"?

Yep, i did. It was a pretty cool movie. And i could see myself catch feelings even to something... i mean, someone, who wouldnt have a physical form. And even though i feel like our bodies are just primitive vehicles for 'the real deal' - our brains - i still am human after all. And hugs, cuddles, kisses, all that fun stuff, are well... like i said - fun.

Anyway.... Yes, i would bang a robot.

Quote from: Spdskatr on December 22, 2016, 06:21:52 AM
Has anyone tried actually clicking on the quote link?

I haven't.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Spdskatr on December 21, 2016, 09:51:13 PM
He's such a prankster.
Oops
Give up now.
I shall quote my own post until it gets old in this era.4790
My mods

Adamiks

mabor0shi

Quote from: Adamiks on December 22, 2016, 07:50:09 AM
blah blah blah, etc.
Well said. I wanted to quote you, but the post was just too big to quote. I did read and appreciate it. I decided this would be a funny way to condense. Not meant as an insult.
Quote from: Spdskatr on December 22, 2016, 06:07:39 PM
I shall quote my own post until it gets old in this era.
Quote from: mabor0shi on December 22, 2016, 06:22:44 PM4792