[A16] Several Puffins' Social Mods (Rumours&Deception, Romance Diversified, ..)

Started by Several Puffins, November 06, 2016, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duduluu

RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Der Failer

Quote from: duduluu on December 30, 2016, 12:11:08 PM
What is hookup meaning? one-night stand?
I'm playing around with RoDi, Psychology, as well as some other mods and I just watched two girls (both gay) hookup and get some lovn'. Both are still single, but got a mood and relationship bonus. So yes basically a one-night stand.

E: Just saw and noticed two thing. First the icon for agreed hookup is a skull with an exclamation mark, that seems kind of wrong to me.
Also Uncles is laying in a kind of strange way. It could be them trying to positions, or not ... if it is, nice for them, otherwise well then it's a bug...

Coming to think about this, why not keep it this way (assuming it is a bug). I mean there is more then position for pawn to get some lovn' (right?).
If this is actually intended to be exactly that, well done. If not make it so ;)

I'll probably come back later to give some feedback on RoDi with Psychology, but i can already say, it looking not a bad as i expected.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

duduluu

Hello, Several!
I'd like to translate your mod to Chinese, but I got a problem.
Some strings for mod setting in you .dll file do not support Keyed flies port.
Could you add Keyed supporting to these string?

"Hookup Rate", "Changes the rate at which colonists attempt casual romantic encounters"
"Date Rate", "Changes the rate at which colonists in relationships go on chatty, romantic walks"
"Polled Sexuality Rates", "Base rates of sexuality traits on polling data from YouGov, with the rates of Kinsey 0 and 1 assigned Straight, Kinsey 5 and 6 assigned Gay, and in between assigned Bisexual"

Just replace them like these:

"RomanceDiversified.HookupRateLabel".Translate(), RomanceDiversified.HookupRateDecs".Translate()
"RomanceDiversified.DateRateLabel".Translate(), RomanceDiversified.DateRateDesc".Translate()
"RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesLabel".Translate(), RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesDesc".Translate()

And then build a .xml file like this:
RimWorld\Mods\Romance Diversified A16\Languages\English\Keyed\RomanceDiversifiedKeys.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LanguageData>

<RomanceDiversified.HookupRateLabel>Hookup Rate</RomanceDiversified.HookupRateLabel>
  <RomanceDiversified.HookupRateDesc>Changes the rate at which colonists attempt casual romantic encounters</RomanceDiversified.HookupRateDesc>
  <RomanceDiversified.DateRateLabel>Date Rate</RomanceDiversified.DateRateLabel>
  <RomanceDiversified.DateRateDesc>Changes the rate at which colonists in relationships go on chatty, romantic walks</RomanceDiversified.DateRateDesc>
  <RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesLabel>Polled Sexuality Rates</RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesLabel>
  <RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesDesc>Base rates of sexuality traits on polling data from YouGov, with the rates of Kinsey 0 and 1 assigned Straight, Kinsey 5 and 6 assigned Gay, and in between assigned Bisexual</RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesDesc>

</LanguageData>

If you could kindly open source code on GitHub, it will be perfect.
Thanks!
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

sidfu

get this at the start guess it dont hurt anything. its for all the incidents. they all missing their target type

Config error in Brawl: no target type
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Several Puffins

Quote from: kebab4you on December 30, 2016, 10:50:50 AM
Does "Rumours & Deception" work without creating a new game?

Yes! It'll work absolutely fine, just make sure you get HugsLib first!

Quote from: duduluu on December 30, 2016, 12:11:08 PM
What is hookup meaning? one-night stand?

Basically, yes. As it improves the mutual opinion of the two colonists it can often lead to something more long term, but it is just a one-off event. One of them needs a double bed, though!

Quote from: Der Failer on December 30, 2016, 12:53:19 PM

E: Just saw and noticed two thing. First the icon for agreed hookup is a skull with an exclamation mark, that seems kind of wrong to me.
Also Uncles is laying in a kind of strange way. It could be them trying to positions, or not ... if it is, nice for them, otherwise well then it's a bug...

Coming to think about this, why not keep it this way (assuming it is a bug). I mean there is more then position for pawn to get some lovn' (right?).
If this is actually intended to be exactly that, well done. If not make it so ;)

I'll probably come back later to give some feedback on RoDi with Psychology, but i can already say, it looking not a bad as i expected.

Re: Skull. Ha! Yes, that is DEFINITELY a bug. It doesn't affect anything material, so I'll fix it when I update, but in the mean time let's assume they say something so dirty it has to be represented that way!

Re: Positions: I saw this exactly the same way- it wasn't intended, but I thought- why fix it? It marks it out as visibly different from relationship lovin' and, hey, it's pretty grim on a RimWorld, why not let them get a little freaky?

Re: Psychology: I really appreciate this. I would be delighted to find that they still play well, I'm just not too sure given Psychology's latest changes!

Several Puffins

Quote from: duduluu on December 31, 2016, 07:27:26 AM
Hello, Several!
I'd like to translate your mod to Chinese, but I got a problem.
Some strings for mod setting in you .dll file do not support Keyed flies port.
Could you add Keyed supporting to these string?

"Hookup Rate", "Changes the rate at which colonists attempt casual romantic encounters"
"Date Rate", "Changes the rate at which colonists in relationships go on chatty, romantic walks"
"Polled Sexuality Rates", "Base rates of sexuality traits on polling data from YouGov, with the rates of Kinsey 0 and 1 assigned Straight, Kinsey 5 and 6 assigned Gay, and in between assigned Bisexual"

Just replace them like these:

"RomanceDiversified.HookupRateLabel".Translate(), RomanceDiversified.HookupRateDecs".Translate()
"RomanceDiversified.DateRateLabel".Translate(), RomanceDiversified.DateRateDesc".Translate()
"RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesLabel".Translate(), RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesDesc".Translate()

And then build a .xml file like this:
RimWorld\Mods\Romance Diversified A16\Languages\English\Keyed\RomanceDiversifiedKeys.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LanguageData>

<RomanceDiversified.HookupRateLabel>Hookup Rate</RomanceDiversified.HookupRateLabel>
  <RomanceDiversified.HookupRateDesc>Changes the rate at which colonists attempt casual romantic encounters</RomanceDiversified.HookupRateDesc>
  <RomanceDiversified.DateRateLabel>Date Rate</RomanceDiversified.DateRateLabel>
  <RomanceDiversified.DateRateDesc>Changes the rate at which colonists in relationships go on chatty, romantic walks</RomanceDiversified.DateRateDesc>
  <RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesLabel>Polled Sexuality Rates</RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesLabel>
  <RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesDesc>Base rates of sexuality traits on polling data from YouGov, with the rates of Kinsey 0 and 1 assigned Straight, Kinsey 5 and 6 assigned Gay, and in between assigned Bisexual</RomanceDiversified.PolledSexualityRatesDesc>

</LanguageData>

If you could kindly open source code on GitHub, it will be perfect.
Thanks!

Hi duduluu! I know after writing these mods that it's terrible form to do it this way! I am happy to make the changes you suggest, but might not find the time to do so particularly soon. My best guess would be the beginning of February, when I'll be on holiday (in China, in fact!).

Several Puffins

Quote from: sidfu on January 03, 2017, 04:15:22 AM
get this at the start guess it dont hurt anything. its for all the incidents. they all missing their target type

Thanks Sidfu. I thought I'd fixed this. Could you make sure you have the latest version from the Dropbox? If it's not fixed here, there's certainly be an update soon that will rid you of this pesky message!

Several Puffins

There's an update in the dropbox today that:
- fixes a few minor bugs,
- replaces the old clique finding algorithm with the faster Tomita algorithm
- reintroduces (both loved and hated), defections and splinters, back for A16! Both are optional, with the toggle found in the HugsLib-provided Options>Mod Settings menu.

Thanks to all the users of this mod for their feedback and support!

Der Failer

Quote from: Several Puffins on January 03, 2017, 07:44:07 AM
-snip-
Re: Psychology: I really appreciate this. I would be delighted to find that they still play well, I'm just not too sure given Psychology's latest changes!
So i got good news and bad news.

Good news:
Psychology seems to work quite good with RoDi. The Author did a great job in terms of compatibility. If loaded after RoDi it will automatically deactivate it's sexuality changes. It also add a Mod setting ("Enable sexuality changes"), which i reckon does the same (not exactly sure, no promises). So from the hour or so i tested it, everything looks fine to my.

Bad news:
I broke your mod... kind of... well more like a mod conflict...
I add Orassans to my modlist, in the hopes to get some cute cats to complement my boring humans. Sadly this messed up the sexuality traits by RoDi, they get add randomly like any normal traits instead of one guaranteed per pawn. I played a bit with the loading order, hoping i could fix it that way, but no luck. The output log don't provide any clue, about what is wrong either*. One thing to note is that Orassans seems to uses Humanoid Alien Races, that's not clearly stated in the Orassans threat, but the HAR threat suggests it (not sure if that matters).

*Just a warning about the Hookup job, but that comes independent from Orassans.

Edit: Nvm erdelf fix it with the last update.

SteelRev

Nothing game breaking but hugslib was complaining. Figured I'd shoot you the log.  Have a good one, I enjoy the mods and thanks for making them.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Psithen

When I use the mod with Psychology it doesn't seem to generate a sexuality. Is it supposed to give the trait at character generation?

System.Linq

Psychology uses its own sexuality system. If you are loading Psychology first then it's probably conflicting with Romance Diversified. You should uninstall Romance Diversified or load it first to disable Psychology's sexuality system.

Psithen

Quote from: Psychology on January 08, 2017, 09:23:14 AM
Psychology uses its own sexuality system. If you are loading Psychology first then it's probably conflicting with Romance Diversified. You should uninstall Romance Diversified or load it first to disable Psychology's sexuality system.

just realized that after posting, I must have overlooked the above comment.

faltonico

Hi there!
Any chances that you expand your romance mod to include other features like this other mod did?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7112.msg70393#msg70393
The mod is dead, and not even its dust remains.

Psithen

So i've gotten RoDi to work with Psychology but now when using Prepare for Romance I get extremely slow UI reaction during pawn generation. It doesn't happen with the normal version of Prepare Carefully so I'm unsure what's causing it.