Hide Sow Menu

Started by Fishbrains, February 05, 2017, 04:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishbrains

Hi there, I was just wondering if there is a way to hide the sow menu option on a custom hydroponics basin as I want to make a few that take specific resources and only grow the one thing. I know I can just use the sow tags to only allow one type of thing to be grown but it seems kind of silly to have a button that has no real use.

As a bonus is there any way to make the basin start with the plants already inside?

thank you.

forestfey

what's the point of that set-up, a basin made from specific resources but able to grow only one thing?
I can see how the button is an itch when you handle the basins, but when you figure it doesn't have a real function, it probably is just an artifact?
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Fishbrains

For some backstory, I'm playing around with an open ocean idea where you could grow kelp from a specific "hydro basin" and process that to make other mean of getting resources. In this instance the kelp basin takes kelp to make and I was thinking about making a fish tank that would require you to have fish eggs to start and would eventually make more fish eggs and fishies.

The basins themselves take no power its just a growing zone that costs resources to make and requires you to actually have some of the plant before you can make more of it.