[A16] SeedsPlease! Balance (for Vanilla & Vegetable Garden)

Started by dnks, February 16, 2017, 07:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnks

Quote from: Codexehow on February 16, 2017, 10:14:51 PM
Thanks! This is much needed.

But I'm also getting a screen full of error messages regarding drugs, mainly.

Wow, I have no idea what my game has different, I don't get any errors regarding the seeds for smokeleaf and psychoid, I will try to rewrite those two from scratch.
Before I uploaded v03 I deleted all the mods, downloaded them fresh and tried again, no error regarding seeds.

EDIT: v0.3a no longer overrides SeedSmokeleaf and SeedPsychoid and rewrites them entirely instead, hopefully the error spam is gone, everything should work out with the mods in the right order.

ambivalence

The problem is still persist. By the way there's another one addon you didn't mention in your list – it's SeedsPlease VG+. But I've tried to turn it off and it didn't help.

dnks

Quote from: ambivalence on February 17, 2017, 01:05:53 AM
The problem is still persist. By the way there's another one addon you didn't mention in your list – it's SeedsPlease VG+. But I've tried to turn it off and it didn't help.

Why do I not get the error, thats's so weird.
You don't need VG+, that one adds missing vegetable garden plant seeds and I added them as well.

Edit: Also, can you leave all the other mods and just turn off my patch? Does the error stop at that point?
Edit Edit: I am unable to recreate the error. I deleted all my mod files and unsubscribed from the ones I had in steam. I re installed all of them manually one by one, after loading, no issues regarding SeedSmokeleaf or SeedPsychoid. I need help here, don't know what's going wrong.
Here's my log, I can't recreate that error: https://gist.github.com/0d576a06e05cb5d23f2ef1b95dc5054a

ambivalence

I've managed the problem. Don't know what was it. Just kept cutting bunches of mods until the very last VG/SeedPlease set left. Then I've doublechecked your mod, unpacked it one more time (the first time I did it was right too, but – just to be sure). Now it's gone, as some other errors despite of the same load order. Thanks, now it's time to test it out.

dnks

Quote from: ambivalence on February 17, 2017, 12:21:03 PM
I've managed the problem. Don't know what was it. Just kept cutting bunches of mods until the very last VG/SeedPlease set left. Then I've doublechecked your mod, unpacked it one more time (the first time I did it was right too, but – just to be sure). Now it's gone, as some other errors despite of the same load order. Thanks, now it's time to test it out.

But you were able to reload all your old mods back? If not, when you have more free time, may I ask you to spend a little time turning them on to see which one is creating the error?
I was also thinking that maybe the fact that my vegetable garden and seeds are waaay up in the mod loading list may have something to do with it :)
Well, cheers man, rice has a bug that I'm trying to fix right now, just so you know

Edit: Rice plant fixed in v0.3b

GideonHidolka

For whatever reason I no longer have the error with your newest version.

EDIT: However i'm not getting any wood from cutting trees, only seeds

dnks

Quote from: GideonHidolka on February 17, 2017, 04:48:55 PM
For whatever reason I no longer have the error with your newest version.

EDIT: However i'm not getting any wood from cutting trees, only seeds
Oh god this is like error after error, alright, I already solved the same mistake for the rice, will upload 0.3c with the fix soon

ambivalence

One more mod to mention – Expanded Woodworking. As far as it changes trees, we need to figure out their compatibility.

dnks

Quote from: ambivalence on February 18, 2017, 07:36:35 AM
One more mod to mention – Expanded Woodworking. As far as it changes trees, we need to figure out their compatibility.
I think it might work straight out of the bat, could be loaded before or after. Expanded Woodworking should not modify anything SeedPlease messes with, I will download and check it out.

Edit: I understood your request about Expanded Woodworking a bit late, a patch to modify the work bench and make it Woodworking compatible was made.

ambivalence

You're awesome, really. VG, SeedsPlease and Extended Woodworking improve the game in a dramatic way – your balance-mod seems to polish them perfectly (although I haven't tested the patch for now). The last thing I can ask is this, if you have time for it.

dnks

Quote from: ambivalence on February 18, 2017, 02:29:56 PM
You're awesome, really. VG, SeedsPlease and Extended Woodworking improve the game in a dramatic way – your balance-mod seems to polish them perfectly (although I haven't tested the patch for now). The last thing I can ask is this, if you have time for it.
Sure, I can work on those, but I might get to that later, I'm fixing some incompatibilities of mods I have installed.

ambivalence

Alright. Meanwhile sma342 gratefuly agreed to help with it, so probably it will require just a patch for your rebalance.

dnks

Quote from: ambivalence on February 18, 2017, 03:07:06 PM
Alright. Meanwhile sma342 gratefuly agreed to help with it, so probably it will require just a patch for your rebalance.
If you can get him to do the ZWCannaHerb I'd be happy, I speak german and still I don't understand anything related to this project, the order is confusing and there's a buch of symbols that make it long and hard to read, I couldn't even find the market values for 3 of the 7 plants products without having to install it, and I had to look into every single file which took way too much time, so I'm skipping it. Einer der dümmste mods ich gesehen habe, werde meine zeit nicht damit verschwenden.

About Jecrells Tobbaco, it's done. Try it and let me know if it works, add after rebalance (I didn't install Jecrells mod and I didn't test it).

ambivalence

Thanks, I'll try to test it, but it needs some time to find those seeds. I've also told sma342, that you have some problems with cannabis mod and I have a clue why.

One suggestion: mention that your patch is made for Qwynn's Extended Woodworking. There're two forks of the original itchyflea's EW: one is actively developing, another one – just an update for a16. We're dealing with the first one, despite of the fact, that they have the same grounds and mostly the same defs.

Napple