[MOD] (Alpha 3) Turret Package (v.1.4)

Started by Kilroy232, March 03, 2014, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delta_Com

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 22, 2014, 12:00:49 PM
Quote from: Delta_Com on April 22, 2014, 09:17:21 AM
Hey Kilroy, I'm thinking about releasing a weapon pack I'm making. Could I use your awesome sniper rifle sound?

I won't tell you that you cannot use that particular sound but before you do that check out a few of these from the sights I looked at. If you still like the one I used the best then be my guest :)

http://soundjax.com/sniper+rifle-2.html
http://soundbible.com/suggest.php?q=sniper+rifle&x=0&y=0
http://soundfxnow.com/tag/rifle/
Thanks for those urls, I found quite a few sounds on the third one.

Kilroy232

Quote from: Delta_Com on April 22, 2014, 12:40:23 PM
Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 22, 2014, 12:00:49 PM
Quote from: Delta_Com on April 22, 2014, 09:17:21 AM
Hey Kilroy, I'm thinking about releasing a weapon pack I'm making. Could I use your awesome sniper rifle sound?

I won't tell you that you cannot use that particular sound but before you do that check out a few of these from the sights I looked at. If you still like the one I used the best then be my guest :)

http://soundjax.com/sniper+rifle-2.html
http://soundbible.com/suggest.php?q=sniper+rifle&x=0&y=0
http://soundfxnow.com/tag/rifle/
Thanks for those urls, I found quite a few sounds on the third one.

That one is my favorite site, I have it bookmarked

camashu

Hey, your Turret Package is GREAT! ANd your sprites aren't bad either, in fact they look very nice and work with the game's style. I'm trying to mod for a game myself- not Rimworld even though i've been thinking about that... -and i'm the artist of the duo, my brother does the code, doing both is not easy. xD

Kilroy232

Quote from: camashu on April 24, 2014, 12:39:54 AM
Hey, your Turret Package is GREAT! ANd your sprites aren't bad either, in fact they look very nice and work with the game's style. I'm trying to mod for a game myself- not Rimworld even though i've been thinking about that... -and i'm the artist of the duo, my brother does the code, doing both is not easy. xD

I am certainly no pro but I do what I can with what I have :)

longbyte1

I had an idea. You should make a chain turret. The longer it has a target locked on and the more shots it fires, the more "warmed up" it gets; and the more warmed up it is, the faster it shoots. So it's slow and consumes a bit more power for its fire rate at the beginning of an encounter, but it's more efficient for longer encounters.

Vas

I think I'll try to make my own version of this, but this still seems overpowered.  I mean I build one single sniper turret, and all raids with less than 4 enemies are easy, I don't even have to move.  I don't even use other turrets, I just build the sniper turret immediately after unlocking and it's the first thing I go for.  I build 3 more, then 10.  Once I have 10, no raid will ever hurt me ever again even after day 1000 I bet.  (at day 100 now)  Rather silly really, and this was still when I was stuck on solar power alone because I couldn't get a trader to give me some uranium so I could make some steam vents.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

longbyte1

Quote from: Vas on April 26, 2014, 08:23:09 PM
I think I'll try to make my own version of this, but this still seems overpowered.  I mean I build one single sniper turret, and all raids with less than 4 enemies are easy, I don't even have to move.  I don't even use other turrets, I just build the sniper turret immediately after unlocking and it's the first thing I go for.  I build 3 more, then 10.  Once I have 10, no raid will ever hurt me ever again even after day 1000 I bet.  (at day 100 now)  Rather silly really, and this was still when I was stuck on solar power alone because I couldn't get a trader to give me some uranium so I could make some steam vents.

Wow...  :o hmm... I think it might need some nerfing...  ;D

Kilroy232

Hey guys, thank you for all your input. I an currently writing exams for the end of second year but as soon as I have time I will address the issues that have been mentioned.

Currently I need to:
-Lower sniper turret firing sound
-Nerf sniper turret
-Add firing zones to grenade turret

if there are other things people would like to see please say so

Vas

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 27, 2014, 11:04:34 AM
Hey guys, thank you for all your input. I an currently writing exams for the end of second year but as soon as I have time I will address the issues that have been mentioned.

Currently I need to:
-Nerf sniper turret

Sniping turret might need to be made larger, it's fairly small and you'd expect it to be a large turret.  Maybe cut down it's firing time by half as well.  Doesn't mean it'll be used less, I'll just put up a dedicated power plant and put 10 more up.  xP  More turrets just makes it a sort of tower defense game but anyway.  It's nice to have more turrets.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Garen

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 27, 2014, 11:04:34 AM

Currently I need to:
-Nerf sniper turret

what i would say is think more about how you want the sniper turret to work? do you want it to focus more on making huge damage in 1 hit? or doing small damage accurately.

if youre going for the 1st option, then decrease its rate of fire heavily, whilst increasing the damage. if its the 2nd then decrease the damage, whilst increasing the range.

you should also if youre focusing on the first option, to increase the size of it to a heavy turrets size. i believe you should keep the same size if youre going with the 2nd option

Bodog999

If possible I would like to see an artillery turret which has a pretty high shooting range and shoots projectiles which explode with the damage of 2 blasting charges and is able to shoot over walls/obstacles. And I know this could be hard to make

why1do

Core279

Would it be possible to have it where the grenade turret could have a longer range, but at the cost of having a "minimum range" where say, a raider gets close enough to it, and it can no longer fire grenades at them?

Dr. Z

Just build my first energy turret and I think it's a liiitlle overpowered because it really mows down the enemys with his 12 shot burst. I think 6 to 8 shots would be more balanced out.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Core279

Quote from: Dr. Z on May 13, 2014, 02:29:57 PM
Just build my first energy turret and I think it's a liiitlle overpowered because it really mows down the enemys with his 12 shot burst. I think 6 to 8 shots would be more balanced out.

Actually I think it's fairly balanced. Mostly because say the third shot out of 12 kills the target. It still has to fire the other 9 shots to where the target was,gain a new target, finish charging back up(or cooling down, whichever you choose to say) and fire again. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I rarely get it to where bullets will hit an unintended target.