[V1.1 to V1.2] Chemicals extraction & Neutroamine crafting (R1)

Started by ShadowTani, September 14, 2016, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EponPL

OK I've found one bug - I can't manually tame Boomrats...

ShadowTani

Quote from: EponPL on February 02, 2017, 05:02:54 PM
OK I've found one bug - I can't manually tame Boomrats...
I've tested taming with this mod and it works as intended. Either you are trying to tame the boomrat with colonists that have less than 6 in handling skill, or another mod is causing the conflict. ^^;

masterpain

Is there a way to make it so that Boomalopes and Boomrats don't explode?  Doesn't matter to me if it would disable explosion in the wild also.

deadlyreg

Quote from: masterpain on March 10, 2017, 05:35:22 PM
Is there a way to make it so that Boomalopes and Boomrats don't explode?  Doesn't matter to me if it would disable explosion in the wild also.

If you want a hacky way to do it you can just remove the code from the xml files. If you go into Rimworl/Mods/Core/Defs, and open Races_Animal_Tropical and Races_Animal_Rodentlike and remove the <deathActionWorkerClass></deathActionWorkerClass> from the Boomrat and Boomelope it'll stop them exploding after death.

masterpain

QuoteIf you want a hacky way to do it you can just remove the code from the xml files. If you go into Rimworl/Mods/Core/Defs, and open Races_Animal_Tropical and Races_Animal_Rodentlike and remove the <deathActionWorkerClass></deathActionWorkerClass> from the Boomrat and Boomelope it'll stop them exploding after death.

That worked thanks.  I been looking for which file the "deathaction" for the boomrats and boomalopes were located.

ShadowTani

Mod have now been updated to A17. Anyone who experienced issues between this mod and Combat Realism in A16 may want to try again as the mod should now be entirely conflict free thanks to the new patch feature (although I guess there's no way to truly know this until the successor mod "Combat Extended" comes out, let me know when it happens and I'll see if I can get it tested).

ShadowTani

Revision 2 is now up. It's a bit experimental as it's my first attempt at injecting this mods features into another mod. I've tested it thoroughly myself, but if anyone experience any conflicts as a result, particularly when other mods get thrown into the mix, then let me know.

R2 also have an important performance fix; so if anyone experience issues with the above mod enhancement, but still want the performance fix: simply delete the doomalope XML file in the "\Chemicals & Neutroamine\Patches\ThingDefs_Races\" folder.

ArthoriusBalen

tristan

Hello,I am Chinese .could i translate this mod into Chinese ?My English is no very well,but I think I  can do it . thank you very much. ;D

Thundercraft

Quote from: ArthoriusBalen on June 11, 2017, 10:36:35 PM
Hi! Can you do a patch for combat extended?  :)

So, then, this is not compatible with Combat Extended? In what way?

I think that if you ask the author to look into fixing a compatibility issue or work on a compatibility patch, the least you could do is try to explain the problem to some degree. That said, knowing that this is not compatible with something is better than not knowing.

Thundercraft

Over on the Steam comments, Omega13 wrote:
Quote from: Omega13...turning neutroglycerin into neutroamine seems incredibly slow. It takes forever to make just one neutroamine, and with the amount that I go through neutroamine, I'd need to have one or two people solely working drug labs full time just to convert enough to keep my meds in stock. A bulk recipe for neutro conversion would be grand.

I'd like to see this, myself. As an experiment, I've added the following two recipes to see how it works and feels. The "batch" or x5 recipe requires an Intellectual skill of 5 and is 33.3% (a third) faster than the default recipe done 5 times. The "bulk" or x10 recipe requires an Intellectual skill of 8 and is 50% faster (half the time) as the default recipe times 10.

<Defs>

<RecipeDef>
    <defName>RefineNeutroglycerin5x</defName>
    <label>make neutroamine batch (x5)</label>
    <description>Make neutroamine as a batch of 5.</description>
    <jobString>Making neutroamine as a batch.</jobString>
    <workSpeedStat>DrugProductionSpeed</workSpeedStat>
    <effectWorking>Cook</effectWorking>
    <soundWorking>Recipe_Brewing</soundWorking>
    <allowMixingIngredients>true</allowMixingIngredients>
    <workAmount>5000</workAmount>
    <targetCountAdjustment>1</targetCountAdjustment>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Neutroglycerin</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>10</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <fixedIngredientFilter>
      <thingDefs>
        <li>Neutroglycerin</li>
      </thingDefs>
    </fixedIngredientFilter>
    <products>
      <Neutroamine>5</Neutroamine>
    </products>
<skillRequirements>
<li>
<skill>Intellectual</skill>
<minLevel>5</minLevel>
</li>
</skillRequirements>
    <workSkill>Intellectual</workSkill>
<researchPrerequisite>DrugProduction</researchPrerequisite>
    <recipeUsers>
      <li>DrugLab</li>
    </recipeUsers>
  </RecipeDef>

<RecipeDef>
    <defName>RefineNeutroglycerin10x</defName>
    <label>make neutroamine in bulk (x10)</label>
    <description>Make neutroamine as a batch of 10.</description>
    <jobString>Making neutroamine in bulk.</jobString>
    <workSpeedStat>DrugProductionSpeed</workSpeedStat>
    <effectWorking>Cook</effectWorking>
    <soundWorking>Recipe_Brewing</soundWorking>
    <allowMixingIngredients>true</allowMixingIngredients>
    <workAmount>7500</workAmount>
    <targetCountAdjustment>1</targetCountAdjustment>
    <ingredients>
      <li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Neutroglycerin</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>20</count>
      </li>
    </ingredients>
    <fixedIngredientFilter>
      <thingDefs>
        <li>Neutroglycerin</li>
      </thingDefs>
    </fixedIngredientFilter>
    <products>
      <Neutroamine>10</Neutroamine>
    </products>
<skillRequirements>
<li>
<skill>Intellectual</skill>
<minLevel>8</minLevel>
</li>
</skillRequirements>
    <workSkill>Intellectual</workSkill>
<researchPrerequisite>DrugProduction</researchPrerequisite>
    <recipeUsers>
      <li>DrugLab</li>
    </recipeUsers>
  </RecipeDef>

</Defs>

I've tested it and it seems to work and, so far, feels about right. I'm not sure about the Intellectual skill requirement, though. If anyone else wants to test this, they can put the code in a recipe XML (such as the attachment below) and place it in the "RecipeDefs" folder of the mod.

If ShadowTani wants to include or modify it for inclusion, feel free. If not, perhaps I could release it as an add-on?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ShadowTani

Quote from: Thundercraft on June 15, 2017, 09:25:14 AM
Quote from: ArthoriusBalen on June 11, 2017, 10:36:35 PM
Hi! Can you do a patch for combat extended?  :)

So, then, this is not compatible with Combat Extended? In what way?

I think that if you ask the author to look into fixing a compatibility issue or work on a compatibility patch, the least you could do is try to explain the problem to some degree. That said, knowing that this is not compatible with something is better than not knowing.

It was listed as an incompatible mod under the mod conflict section back in A16. However, due to the use of the patching function it's possible this issue is now resolved in A17 so I removed it from the list for now until I receive feedback on it again. Unfortunately Combat Extended is now apparently discontinued and I guess we'll have to wait until the community maintained alternative before we'll know if there's still conflicts.

As for the bulk recipe, feel free to release it as an add-on for now, though I may reduce the work amount a little for the original recipe. I repeat my statement in the OP however that I never intended for this to be used for large scale drug production, only for personal colony use (or abuse). I want to be a bit flexible though for those people who prefer this mod over the current high volume alternatives out there, so I might add a bulk recipe option as an optional file in the future. I'll be considering it until the next mod patch, whether that be before or with the A18 version.

ertzuiop

Dunno if this is an issue or intended, but to create ammunition from the CE mod that requires FSX, i need to harvest it from the boomalopes, it says in game. But the boomalopes produce neutroglycerin instead of FSX, which cant be used to craft ammunition.
What to do?
P.S im new to rimworld mods

Xubrim

Quote from: ertzuiop on July 02, 2017, 12:17:28 AM
Dunno if this is an issue or intended, but to create ammunition from the CE mod that requires FSX, i need to harvest it from the boomalopes, it says in game. But the boomalopes produce neutroglycerin instead of FSX, which cant be used to craft ammunition.
What to do?
P.S im new to rimworld mods

You'll notice two timers on boomalopes. The faster one is for neutroglycerin while the longer one is for FSX. Everything is working as intended.

123nick

i think theres a bug- i have multiple boomalopes at 100% chemical fullnes but none are harvesting, and i cantr seem to prioritize it either- i try righ click but nothing working. they have handling enabled but i still cant prioritize.