[A16] Snowmen Army, Chemfuel Generators, ElectricStonecutting

Started by Thyme, January 17, 2017, 02:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyme

Welcome Visitors with your buildable Snowmen Army!

Description:
Allows snowmen to be built via "misc construction".

Additional Info
It's basic xml magic that enables snowmen construction via the misc menu. Should not affect the joy activity. I didn't change anything else. Idea: Mkok in this thread.

Author
Thyme

Download
attachment below, or:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4f2ir8dpeyv9fe/Snowmen%20Army.zip?dl=0

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- 98% savegame compatible. You can remove the mod as long as you have no snowman blueprints on your maps (hence the -2%).

License
Do with it whatever you want. No credit for modpacks required, it's only one line of code.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Thyme

Add "allowed crafting skill" slider to Smelting bills

Description:
This mod adds an allowed crafting skill range for all Smelting bills.

Additional Info
Crafting job types should be adjustable with crafting skill levels. As of now, Smelter bills have the crafting work type, but no skill assigned to them. Adding the crafting skill (what else?) enables adjusting of the allowed crafting skill levels. Highly skilled Crafters no longer need to waste time with low skill labor.

Author
Thyme

Download
attachment below, or:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q182jqbtfttnv6h/Smelter%20Slider.zip?dl=0

How to install:
- 100% savegame compatible.

License
Do with it whatever you want. No credit for modpacks required, it's only three lines of code.

PS: How do I add images into my posts?

Thyme

Chemfuel Generator

Description:
This mod adds a duplicate of the wood-fueled generator that accepts chemfuel instead.

Additional Info
It's a blatant copy-pasta from the normal fueled generator, except that it accepts (only) chemfuel now. I intend to merge them into one building when the exams are over and my skills are sufficient. Fuel consumption rate was tweaked down a bit (-15%), but the energy loss in the refining process makes it overally less effective than the existing generator (~58%). This might need balancing and is open for discussion.

Author
Thyme

Download
attachment below, or:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/npfer7lgyrs29fh/Chemfuel%20Generator.zip?dl=0

How to install:
- It's safe to add this to existing files. Removing is untested, but should work as long as there're no existing Chemfuel Generators (or blueprints).

License
Do with it whatever you want. No credit for modpacks required, it's only five lines of code.

Known issues
Currently missing the proper artwork. The generator looking the same is not so bad, what bugs me is the wooden logs when out of fuel. Maybe an arist can come up with something.

Thyme

Electric Stonecutting Table

Description:
This mod adds an electrically powered stonecutting table for quicker stone cutting.

Additional Info
As requested in this thread. Adds a powered version of the stone cutting table that works at 160% of normal vanilla speed. The existing stonecutting table has been tuned down to 80%. Unlike tailoring benches, power shortages will knock your stonecutting speed down below the unpowered bench.

Author
Thyme
LostFuzz (Artwork)

Download
attachment below, or:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjhvozjrk44jxw0/ElectricStoneCutting_v1.01.zip?dl=0

How to install:
- It's safe to add this to existing files.

License
This mod is free for personal use. The textures are not from me, so I can't give permissions for modpacks.

Known issues
+It looks like work speed now has a hard limit of at least 50% workspeed for workstations. This means that an unpowered electric stonecutting table suffers almost no further penalties (bad weather, outdoors). This also applies to vanilla tailoring benches btw. 40% speed also was changed to 50% there
+The order of bills got messed up. "Make any stone blocks" is last for unknown reasons.

Thyme

Electric Stonecutting has been given some nice textures. Thank you LostFuzz!

*to update, simply overwrite your existing copy

Seeker89

Could you make a Electric Sculptor's table? either faster sculptor making, or sculptor that have to be a higher level? like no poor ones?

Thyme

I could do an electric sculptor table (changing quality rolls are beyond my capabilities). Someone else has to provide the textures though.
Personally I think you can't force art ;)

SenaCat

Neat ideas and I happily use the stonecutting table, but I am still curious when I read the chemfuel generator info. I'm not quite sure I see the logic behind it, instead of just using unprocessed wood. Unless you're trying to use up extra chemfuel. The extra effort in refining the fuel first and then using it in the generator, to have it not be better than wood seems like it's not worth it. Am I missing something?

ChairmanPoo

You can make fuel from stuff that is faster growing than wood, or more avaiable

SenaCat

Quote from: ChairmanPoo on March 18, 2017, 08:00:03 PM
You can make fuel from stuff that is faster growing than wood, or more avaiable

Ahhhh, noted.

Well, I had quite the search to find the proper graphics, but if you're just talking about having an icon that looks like a crossed out chemfuel object instead of logs that'd be fairly simple for me to do. Something maybe like this li'l old number? Now, I don't know how you'd change that in the generator file personally, but I imagine it's fairly easy once you have the sprite.

Thyme

Yeah, the intention is to have uninterrupted power in places without wood. You can now use any organic matter to power your colony.

I actually have no idea how to change that icon :S

*Inspired by the combination of ice sheet and abundance of human corpses.

SpaceDorf

Thanks for some useful Stuff .. :)
Collected and posting to follow :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SenaCat

Quote from: Thyme on March 19, 2017, 01:24:39 PM
Yeah, the intention is to have uninterrupted power in places without wood. You can now use any organic matter to power your colony.

I actually have no idea how to change that icon :S

*Inspired by the combination of ice sheet and abundance of human corpses.

Yeah, I poked around in that def and didn't see anything that looked like it called up the icon. I imagine it's gotta be something that can be messed with. I can look around maybe, but I've never messed with this game's files before.

Edit: I did some file content searches and I'm not sure what's doing it. I found

<showFuelGizmo>true</showFuelGizmo>
        <drawOutOfFuelOverlay>false</drawOutOfFuelOverlay>
<drawFuelGaugeInMap>true</drawFuelGaugeInMap>
in RimWorld\Mods\Core\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Misc.xml but that's only for the transport pod. And there's no other apparent out of fuel things. And where the image itself is stored doesn't seem to be any help either. "resources/OutOfFuel.tex"

I think this may have to be sent up the ranks as a question in itself, since it'd apply to any other need icons, maybe?

Edit Edit: This is going to drive me crazy looking for it in the files. I'm gonna honestly go and ask about this in the help board myself and report back. asdfgh

I asked the question here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31224.0 so we'll see.

Thyme

I'm afraid I can't help with .dll stuff. Curious about your progress though.