Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

Spacers who are incapable of violence should be more likely to join you if you 'Rescue' them rather than imprison them. They should also disapprove of you imprisoning other people.

By the way guests can be quite idiotic. Maskinnen decided to leave just as soon as she was no longer incapable of walking. Still blood loss: severe, Moving: 17%. If she reallly didn't like my Good bed and nutrient paste that much she should have rested until fully healed.

colonist perk - Anarchist
Can't be drafted. You can't prioritize this colonist to do anything.

b0rsuk

This alpaca has been shot dead by visitors when a mad boar arrived. They should pay me compensation for that.

charkesd

traders muffalo eat out of my freezer for free

Knusperstulle

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but what about evolving traits? See your husband dies  :'( and you can either get an iron will to carry on >:( or you can get depressive and give up on living :-[.....maybe starving and eating human flesh to survive can develop a cannibal or very displeasing things make you a psychopath....

i don't know how much effort it needs because i don't know what variables the game constantly checks....but having the checks in the mood modifier i think it may be easy enough to call "cheap"

maybe like: situation->%-Chance->Good or Bad Trait (based on luck)

b0rsuk

Players and developers alike complain about no money sinks - no purchasable items to relieve them from tons of silver. At the same time, trade ships often carry only bad items. This makes no sense, because player can't send trade ships or request trade ships. Ergo, trade ships can be exactly balanced.

Conclusion: every single ship should carry some high price, high value items. For example:
* every bulk goods ship should carry raw Hyperweave
* every exotic goods ship should carry hyperweave apparel, a bionic part, or a neurotrainer, or glitterworld medicine, or gold, jade, uranium etc.
* every war merchant ship should carry high quality personal shields, miniguns, power armor, power armor helmets, or rocket launchers, glitterworld weapons, plasteel melee weapons.
* every pirate ship should carry luciferium, human organs, etc.

Venge

When hunting, hunters should be able to carry more than one small animal. It doesn't take all your effort to carry one squirrel, hunt 3 or 4 and then carry them all back.

b0rsuk

I had a bunch of mechanoids guarding cryosleep caskets. I left them for later. Then a raid arrived and decided to prepare before attacking. I ordered my people to man both steel mortars. They automatically chose closest targets, which were actually the mechanoids. Because they were damaged by an explosion, cryosleep caskets sprung, releasing spacers inside and getting them murdered by mechanoids. I deconstructed a small section of wall and captured a downed spacer as he was starting to burn from an inferno cannon. A personal shield saved Jake, the altruist.

I shouldn't have to resign from using automatic targetting on mortars. Sometimes you don't want mortars to shoot the closest target, and completely avoid some targets. Mechanoids or hives might be provoked, etc.

Idea: allow me to restrict area automatically targeted by mortar operators. I propose that mortars would have assigned zones, much like colonists or animals. A mortar would only target things in its zone. A mortar's zone would default to light gray "Unrestricted".

JuanEnrique

Im back :D

so, long time ago i suggested for drugs to be inserted... and it happened. i also always talked about rimworld with a friend about how cool it would be if the world was really a world where you could also travel through..... its there

so here, ill post some old and new ideas ive had for the game

"WINDOWS!!"
small and large windows... placeable like doors , into the walls. makes things look prettier, some colonists love looking outside, sunlight enters the rooms too.... ETC

"underground digging and mining
like in dwarf fortress, thereĀ“d be like a "dig up" "dig down" option.
you can dig down into a few "layers" / "planes" or "floors", which would all be dark and "undiscovered". so you dig down from the surface ONE level/layer..... once there you can MINE the ground away etc"

oh yes and "BAKING".... like, my cooks love cooking so much sometimes.... it would be awesome if we could control a bit more, what is going to be cooked.

oh if youd ever need a voice over guy for the tutorials.... i could do them in english, spanish and german. i have a very deep sounding voice and everything so.....

love this game!

b0rsuk

When player clicks on the "Growing Zone" button in the Zones menu, the game should highlight lichen-covered soil and rich soil with two distinctive colors, and gravel and other poor soil with another color. Just like conduits are highlighted when placing powered appliances and power items. Soil type can be difficult to distinguish if it's covered by vegetation or snow.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 19, 2017, 04:17:11 PM
When player clicks on the "Growing Zone" button in the Zones menu, the game should highlight lichen-covered soil and rich soil with two distinctive colors, and gravel and other poor soil with another color. Just like conduits are highlighted when placing powered appliances and power items. Soil type can be difficult to distinguish if it's covered by vegetation or snow.

Thanks for pointing out another facepalm-idea .. to obvious to see ..
never able to unsee.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

giannikampa

Show mortars target even when non forced shooting by player
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

b0rsuk

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 18, 2017, 06:27:58 AM
Idea: allow me to restrict area automatically targeted by mortar operators. I propose that mortars would have assigned zones, much like colonists or animals. A mortar would only target things in its zone. A mortar's zone would default to light gray "Unrestricted".

It would also be useful when player is doing the raiding. Imagine the attacked settlement has a storage room. That's your prize. You don't want mortars to automatically shoot at enemies who enter the storage room.

Wraithling

Quote from: PetWolverine on March 07, 2017, 06:19:59 PM
Make drafted pawns not run around at random when on fire, but just stay in place and beat the fire out. I can see it when it's a civilian and they panic, but when my battle-hardened sniper gets hit by the splash from an inferno cannon and responds by running out from behind the wall, across the sandbags and directly toward the mob of mechanoids that are trying to kill her it really strains credulity. For balance, you shouldn't be able to draft an already-burning colonist to stop the panic, and a burning draftee still shouldn't respond to orders until the fire is extinguished.

Apologies for bumping PetWolverine's 2-week-old post, but wouldn't this be a great idea to balance out the Pyromaniac trait (which is currently a 100% negative trait)? Pyromaniacs should never panic when they are burning.

MerlosTheMad

I reaaaally need horses, sheep, and shetland ponies to be added. >.<

Hey, and a double door, for my inner OCD when designing a base. omg I want to use even number rooms again...

Venge

For gods sake colonists need to prioritize extinguishing fires on structures first, then areas on fire closest to structures, and so on. I almost lost my whole base just now because my pawns started putting out the fires outside when my stockpile and kitchen was entirely ablaze. Anybody know if there's currently a mod for this?