Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lav

Quote from: Venge on March 21, 2017, 10:54:00 AMFor gods sake colonists need to prioritize extinguishing fires on structures first, then areas on fire closest to structures, and so on. I almost lost my whole base just now because my pawns started putting out the fires outside when my stockpile and kitchen was entirely ablaze. Anybody know if there's currently a mod for this?
It's done by two mods, called "military draft" and "micromanagement". :-) Mobilize your pawns, move them where you want fire put out, and undraft. They should attack the nearest fire to them.
Good story is what happens when you failed your planning.

Ragnarok

It's probably already been mentioned, but I'd like to see certain meat and fur/leather combined so there isn't so many stacks of different items.

For example, instead of having like 6 odd different dog meats and fur/leather, combine them into canine meat/leather. Same goes for other animals. Instead of having rabbit, hare, rat, etc, combine them into rodent meat/leather. Boom leather could combine boomalope and boomrat leather.

Combining animal items like this would be nice for meat but more important for fur/leather, because it's really annoying having over a dozen stacks of different types of leather but you can't use any of it because you don't have enough of a single type to make anything.

O Negative

Being able to stack apparel items of the same quality and material would be a great way to alleviate storage frustration for our colony tailors :)

1 shirt/tile is a bit ridiculous, in my opinion. :P

SpaceDorf

Quote from: O Negative on March 22, 2017, 12:39:35 AM
Being able to stack apparel items of the same quality and material would be a great way to alleviate storage frustration for our colony tailors :)

1 shirt/tile is a bit ridiculous, in my opinion. :P

THIS !
PLEASE !

*imagine a huge pile of puppies with cream and cherry on top ..*
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kanukki

Quote from: Ragnarok on March 22, 2017, 12:27:42 AM
It's probably already been mentioned, but I'd like to see certain meat and fur/leather combined so there isn't so many stacks of different items.

For example, instead of having like 6 odd different dog meats and fur/leather, combine them into canine meat/leather. Same goes for other animals. Instead of having rabbit, hare, rat, etc, combine them into rodent meat/leather. Boom leather could combine boomalope and boomrat leather.

Combining animal items like this would be nice for meat but more important for fur/leather, because it's really annoying having over a dozen stacks of different types of leather but you can't use any of it because you don't have enough of a single type to make anything.

How about the ability to make "patchwork" versions of clothes that could be made from the same totals of leather, but combined from different sources. The patchwork versions might be lower status/value than the normal version.

Greep

I don't mind that construction and repair are the same now, but please reverse the priority.  It just doesn't make sense the way it is -__-

Also, it'd be nice if early game armor had no components/lower steel.  Right now as it stands, if you're ballsy enough to want to fight the enemy head on before endgame, you're going to be using dead man's armor or stripped prisoner armor because it's just way too expensive to craft armored vests and helmets yourself and they're basically necessary.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

BlueMarble007

Quote from: kanukki on March 22, 2017, 07:17:58 AM
Quote from: Ragnarok on March 22, 2017, 12:27:42 AM

How about the ability to make "patchwork" versions of clothes that could be made from the same totals of leather, but combined from different sources. The patchwork versions might be lower status/value than the normal version.

There's a mod that does that! https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0
It's a good idea to add it to vanilla though

Drazule

I did a search on Quantity Slider and didn't find it. I have to believe it's been mentioned before.

Cheap Idea: Add a Quantity Slider to storage areas

You've already got Quality and HP Sliders. This would be -immensely- useful for keeping animals from starving without giving them your entire stock of meats and veggies, or to dole out kibble like a miserly kennel keeper. Also useful for craft haulers making specific items.

Example:
Haughty "Michelangelo" Artista: "Bring me FOURTY pieces of wood, Mule! No more, no less!"

Wretchy "Mule" Carrier: "Yes, Master Douchebag."

Greep

Reduce Component assembly crafting time by factor of 10.  Maybe 20?

Fact of the matter is, this piece of trash is so terrible I'd make more components by crafting high wealth items to attract a single more mechanoid in a raid.  My colonist makes one component per day, which doesn't even pay for the bench in a season.  So I deconstructed it to at least get some components back.

As it is 25 steel -> 1 component is already negative profit.  So it's like a seriously end game item anyways for when you've mined tons of steel that you can't use.  I guess it's time for steel walls :D
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

b0rsuk

Lowest priority Hauling job should be ordering the stockpile.  The hauler would try to combine stacks, for example I don't need two stacks of gold in a single stockpile, one 25, another 83.

Jovus

Make permadeath able to be toggled on in the 'Choose Storyteller' section of the options menu.

Off might be controversial, but I'm pretty sure nobody would mind being able to turn it on.

zucichan

A single idea, there is a mod called 'Trader spot' It creates a spot to have traders congregate around.

Please add a version for 'Prisoner release spot' to the game! I'm tired of having my prisoners be released in my base randomly, or, in front of a wall of traps.
It would be nice to release them at a spot of my choosing!

b0rsuk

Wound healing speed should be proportional to max HP of a body part. Bears, elephants, thrumbos should regain HP faster than humans. Constant heal rate makes humans recuperate faster than bears, even when the same medicine is used. In other words a body part should heal a percentage of max HP in a unit of time.

DapperDan

I've been looking around to see if a mod could do this, but nothing just yet.

My idea is to add some random attack animals with invaders.

thats it.